Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Mister Sinewave posted:

The Saudis ganking Kashoggi is unbelievably vile. Screaming that it wasn't and how dare you until they're blue in the face is just, I mean, how can any kind of diplomacy even happen under these circumstances?

Well america (trump) believes them so I guess it's not so bad for them. I'd like Trudeau to stop Canada's arm deal with KSA (I've wanted Canada to for a while) but BILLIONS OF DOLLARS AND JOBS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

A Bad Poster posted:

They do because drill and ceremony, and the military can never move on. They don't even teach infantry bayonet training anymore.

My old arms room had several hundred bayonets that still had the packing grease on them.

Same. I always wanted to take one home but "theyre serialized" or some poo poo. They never let me touch them.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
In other news some study found that a high percentage (high sixties and up iirc) of veterinarians regularly experienced "high or very high" levels of distress due to 1) not being able to give animals care that was clearly required, and 2) "inappropriate" requests for euthanasia.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mister Sinewave posted:

In other news some study found that a high percentage (high sixties and up iirc) of veterinarians regularly experienced "high or very high" levels of distress due to 1) not being able to give animals care that was clearly required, and 2) "inappropriate" requests for euthanasia.

My sister in law runs the front desk for a vet and constantly fields calls from trash that want to put their animals down for reasons of convenience or spite

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Read that as vegetarians and was very confused.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

mlmp08 posted:

Read that as vegetarians and was very confused.

They also get euthanasia requests

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
go browse your local trading pages on Facebook and its like a 50/50 mix of people selling stolen stuff or trying to find another dog to knock their's up so they can be backyard breeders

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Soulex posted:

Same. I always wanted to take one home but "theyre serialized" or some poo poo. They never let me touch them.

They're not serialized to my knowledge but I did have to inspect and count bayonets monthly as XO. They were in the arms room with the rest of the toys. Supply NCO FLIPL'd (got the money back from) a guy who stole one and got caught after the fact.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
!!!!

https://twitter.com/ELLEmagazine/status/1052973502033264640?s=19

!!!

yes I clicked the link

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

:thunk:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

A guillotine would also "split them up," so to speak.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Woof Blitzer posted:

A guillotine would also "split them up," so to speak.

Click the link

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Click the link

I did, point still stands.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

It's true but only because I wanted vilerat's ratting nyx.

InAndOutBrennan
Dec 11, 2008

Under his eye.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Mister Sinewave posted:

My wife's a vet and I can confirm this.

She told me on like our second date that vets have a high rate of suicide, and I immediately took her to mean veterans, "No, veterinarians. We got several lectures and stuff in school about it."

:smith:

The good news is, she doesn't deal with that nearly as much because she's not in a private practice (so if an animal can be saved and given decent quality of life, they do it) and she teaches now, so she still does surgery and stuff, but sees less heartbreak cases. Seriously though, that field is a loving heart breaker, I wouldn't be able to do it.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Soulex posted:

We just inventoried them once, made a packing slip, put them all into a lock box with a serialized seal on it, and then never had to touch them ever again.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Mister Sinewave posted:

After looking over the study, I think the most surprising result is

Question 45 posted:

Do you feel like you have lost compassion for pet owners over the course of your practice [as a professional veterinarian]?

Yes
31.35%

Sometimes
43.15%

No
25.51%

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

golden bubble posted:

After looking over the study, I think the most surprising result is

It's not surprising when a significant number of animals get admitted for emergency problems that are the result of neglect or just gross negligence.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Handsome Ralph posted:

It's not surprising when a significant number of animals get admitted for emergency problems that are the result of neglect or just gross negligence.

I was refering more to how a quarter of veterinarians did not start to hate pet owners for their gross negligence.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

golden bubble posted:

I was refering more to how a quarter of veterinarians did not start to hate pet owners for their gross negligence.

Maybe they already had given up on humanity

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

A Bad Poster posted:

We just inventoried them once, made a packing slip, put them all into a lock box with a serialized seal on it, and then never had to touch them ever again.

Yeah, US bayonets haven't been serialized since 1922.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5gHZ6E5zU0

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I can never not think of Reservoir Dogs the moment this comes on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGqB6JIUzBo

:bisonyes:

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Oct 18, 2018

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

McNally posted:

Yeah, US bayonets haven't been serialized since 1922.

Back in my obama-era LRS Squadron we went above and beyond and etched serial numbers onto our crates of bayonettes. We were under sequestration so the only thing we could use to etch numbers were the bayonettes themselves. Lenmie tell you the 2S0 SNCOs fought a bitter war about whether to write off the one etchin bayonette as a loss to wear and tear or to toss it in the inventory unmarked to bump our 99.9% accountability to 100%.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

literally stood and placed my hand over my heart

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

golden bubble posted:

Oh, well yeah, totally get you there then.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

btw l'internationale is p much the best anthem ever

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
second best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BulFwGSi8bc

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

third

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K1q9Ntcr5g

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

KirbyKhan posted:

Back in my obama-era LRS Squadron we went above and beyond and etched serial numbers onto our crates of bayonettes. We were under sequestration so the only thing we could use to etch numbers were the bayonettes themselves. Lenmie tell you the 2S0 SNCOs fought a bitter war about whether to write off the one etchin bayonette as a loss to wear and tear or to toss it in the inventory unmarked to bump our 99.9% accountability to 100%.

Thanks for sharing. I needed new material to tell friends who consider enlisting.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Why wouldn’t use just use a rusty nail?

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

From the comments:

🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️
🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️😂🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️
🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️😂😂🅱️😂😂🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️
🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️😂😂😂🅱️🅱️😂😂🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️
🅱️🅱️🅱️😂😂😂😂🅱️🅱️🅱️😂😂🅱️🅱️🅱️
🅱️🅱️😂😂😂😂🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️😂😂😂🅱️🅱️
🅱️😂😂😂😂😂😂🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️😂😂🅱️🅱️
🅱️🅱️😂😂️🅱️😂😂😂️🅱️🅱️🅱️😂😂😂🅱️
🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️😂😂😂🅱️🅱️🅱️😂😂🅱️
🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️😂😂😂🅱️😂😂😂🅱️
🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️😂🅱️🅱️🅱️😂😂😂😂😂🅱️🅱️
🅱️🅱️🅱️😂😂😂🅱️🅱️🅱️😂😂😂🅱️🅱️🅱️
🅱️😂😂😂🅱️😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🅱️🅱️
🅱️😂😂🅱️🅱️🅱️😂😂😂🅱️🅱️😂😂🅱️🅱️
🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️🅱️

lol

I mean the USSR/Russia are some of the most politically lovely places to exist, but drat if they didn't know how to write just about the most epic sounding national anthem.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

La marseilllaise definitely wins over the Soviet anthem.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

In words/meaning, for sure as it actually has words that are relatable to pretty much every western liberal democracy. Music wise though, nah the Soviet/Russian anthem wins.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

geez at least post the right version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIxOl1EraXA

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

La Marseillaise is great, but then you get to the part about washing away the impure blood and you're all :yikes:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/asteadwesley/status/1053031737557753856?s=21

You can find a bunch of their donors on open secrets. Shocker: lots of old white people donating to black americans for the president’s agenda.

mlmp08 fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Oct 18, 2018

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
loooooooooool

https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/1052931374347378688?s=19

Explanation: he fell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

facialimpediment posted: