Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Silly Burrito posted:

Screw it, I'm putting all my eggs in the Latavius Murray basket today.

Please don't drop my basket Latavius.

Thanks Latavius for carrying the hell out of my basket. You won my game for me. 😁

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Now it looks like Breida is going to play, should I start Morris or Breida?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Frustrated posted:

Now it looks like Breida is going to play, should I start Morris or Breida?

What's your scoring and how many points do you need?

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

What's your scoring and how many points do you need?

half point ppr. Need 29 out of Adams and one of these two. I really wish Breida would just sit this one out.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Silly Burrito posted:

Thanks Latavius for carrying the hell out of my basket. You won my game for me. 😁

:yeah:

I'd also like to thank Peterman for that timely pick-6 :woop:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
0.5 PPR, down 14. I have Morris in flex Should I use MVS instead and pray that he has like a 20 point game and Adams has a 5 pointer or gets hurt in the first quarter?

This is very sad and desperate question

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
Need to pick someone for my Flex spot, 14 person league, 1 PPR.

NYG WR Sterling Shepard vs ATL

OR

JAC RB TJ Yeldon vs HOU

Experts say to start Shepard, but lol Eli Manning and the Giants O. My gut says start Yeldon but he's going against a tough Houston D.

There is also a small possibility that I could start Latavius Murray if Dalvin Cook is still a no go.

What do?

Huge_Midget fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Oct 17, 2018

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

In a 2000 budget Ito Smith went for 500 this morning and the Indianapolis defense was 400 and I'm assuming that's before Derek Anderson was added haha. Desperation is setting in.

Full disclosure I bid 200 on Ito Smith so I'm just salty.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

kiimo posted:

In a 2000 budget Ito Smith went for 500 this morning and the Indianapolis defense was 400 and I'm assuming that's before Derek Anderson was added haha. Desperation is setting in.

Full disclosure I bid 200 on Ito Smith so I'm just salty.

i am in a 2QB league where one guy spent the last half of his budget on DA and Peterman this week just to make sure he'd have 2 QBs

which means he outbid me for DA which pisses me off because thanks to stupid loving Ryan Tannehill's stupid loving injury i am going to be down to one QB this week because Jared Goff is on bye. My opponent is in the same situation on me and beat me to picking up Lamar Jackson as a long-shot to pick up a few spare points

I now have a bid in on Taysom Hill.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

DC Murderverse posted:

i am in a 2QB league where one guy spent the last half of his budget on DA and Peterman this week just to make sure he'd have 2 QBs

which means he outbid me for DA which pisses me off because thanks to stupid loving Ryan Tannehill's stupid loving injury i am going to be down to one QB this week because Jared Goff is on bye. My opponent is in the same situation on me and beat me to picking up Lamar Jackson as a long-shot to pick up a few spare points

I now have a bid in on Taysom Hill.

Jared Goff isn't on a bye.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
ESPN standard.

Jameis Winston vs CLE, or
Andy Dalton @KC?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

shirts and skins posted:

ESPN standard.

Jameis Winston vs CLE, or
Andy Dalton @KC?

I can't imagine not going with &e v. the Chiefs.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Quiet Feet posted:

I can't imagine not going with &e v. the Chiefs.

After my last inquiry into whether to start Alshon vs OBJ went so well...

Am I doing this right?

I'm also thinking to dump a WR and/or RB to get another money tier 1 guy if someone has the need. But I'm feeling pretty good about my running backs going into the second half of the year. Wanna try to dump David Johnson and WR for a better back.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
DST

Chicago V NE

or

Colts V Buff

I gotta drop one of them.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

ScottyJSno posted:

DST

Chicago V NE

or

Colts V Buff

I gotta drop one of them.

I would play Chicago over dropping them.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

0.5 PPR

Pick 1

Ito Smith vs NYG
Demaryius @ Arizona (tonight. Guessing he gets Peterson)

Leaning Ito.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Gobias Ind. posted:

0.5 PPR

Pick 1

Ito Smith vs NYG
Demaryius @ Arizona (tonight. Guessing he gets Peterson)

Leaning Ito.

The times we live in where there is a legit question on whether you should bench Demaryius Thomas for Ito Smith and it actually make sense to start Ito Smith.

frt, Ito is riding a 3 game TD streak, and really he should be in line for another so I feel like his floor is higher. DT's ceiling is higher, but is also more risky. I'd probably roll Ito as well.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
:agreed:, think it depends on whether your matchup demands more risk for a higher ceiling or not.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Yahoo 12 team 1PPR

QB: Dalton @ KC, Rivers v TEN

WR: Hopkins @ JAX, Jones Jr. @ MIA, Agholor v CAR, JJSS (bye), Kearse v MIN

RB: CMC @ PHI, Yeldon v HOU, Jones (bye), I Smith v NYG, Collins v NO

Flex: Coleman v NYG

TE: Watson @ BAL

K: Elliot v CAR

DST: HOU @ JAX

JJSS being on a bye puts me in a bind. I grabbed Kearse just to stash him based on Enuwa's injury. I don't feel like I have any real good options at WR2; Jones Jr. has the highest projected points but kind of a poo poo match up. In fact all my available WRs don't have good match ups. What's the play here to make the best of a bad situation?

I grabbed I. Smith as a stash given Freeman's IR placement.

Snead IV just went this morning or else I'd have grabbed him as a streaming option this week.

Edit: forgot Collins

Anti-Hero fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Oct 18, 2018

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Anti-Hero posted:

Yahoo 12 team 1PPR

QB: Dalton @ KC, Rivers v TEN

WR: Hopkins @ JAX, Jones Jr. @ MIA, Agholor v CAR, JJSS (bye), Kearse v MIN

RB: CMC @ PHI, Yeldon v HOU, Jones (bye), I Smith v NYG

Flex: Coleman v NYG

TE: Watson @ BAL

K: Elliot v CAR

DST: HOU @ JAX

JJSS being on a bye puts me in a bind. I grabbed Kearse just to stash him based on Enuwa's injury. I don't feel like I have any real good options at WR2; Jones Jr. has the highest projected points but kind of a poo poo match up. In fact all my available WRs don't have good match ups. What's the play here to make the best of a bad situation?

I grabbed I. Smith as a stash given Freeman's IR placement.

Snead IV just went this morning or else I'd have grabbed him as a streaming option this week.

I like the starters as you've outlined them.

Can't decide on my own QB but I'm hoping it's just a case of both matchups being good enough where they should each get me 20 pts:
Andy Dalton at KC
Jared Goff at SF

Standard QB scoring. It's hard to avoid playing against KC's defense, especially since Goff has had to lean on Gurley a lot lately and Dalton seems to be making good use of his weapons.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

.5ppr pick my WR2

Fuller @Jax
Coutee @Jax
Fitzgeriatric v. DEN

Mostly curious if I should start Coutee over Fuller. Beasley wrecked the Jags from the slot last week IIRC.

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

Pick two RBs in a 0 PPR league.

I already have Kamara starting (though I wonder if I should trade him while the iron's hot.)

Lindsey vs. ARI
Smith vs. NYG
Brieda vs. LAR
Yeldon vs. HOU

I'm leaning Lindsey and Smith here.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Need a flex in 1 PPR:

Corey Davis @ LAC
Royce Freeman @ ARI
Marlon Mack vs BUF

I have Davis in now but I'm feeling like, if Royce is going to break out, tonight's matchup is a good opportunity.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Need to decide on a flex, .5 PPR

Carlos Hyde @TB
Jermaine Kearse vs. Min
Bilal Powell vs. Min

I'm just concerned about Hyde's usage this week if Tampa Bay gets out to an early lead, which they probably will.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Brownhat posted:

Need to decide on a flex, .5 PPR

Carlos Hyde @TB
Jermaine Kearse vs. Min
Bilal Powell vs. Min

I'm just concerned about Hyde's usage this week if Tampa Bay gets out to an early lead, which they probably will.

Hyde, the good thing about Tampa Bay getting out to an early lead is that they won't be able to stop even a peewee offense.

Or Powell if you're still iffy, he probably has the best floor.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

VietCampo posted:

Hyde, the good thing about Tampa Bay getting out to an early lead is that they won't be able to stop even a peewee offense.

Yeah, but I'm not sure the Browns have a peewee level offense

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Pick two 0.5:

Lindsay @ARI
Hilton vs BUF
Mack vs BUF
Ekeler vs TEN
Crowell vs MIN

I currently have them in that order, assuming TY plays.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Chernabog posted:

Pick two 0.5:

Lindsay @ARI
Hilton vs BUF
Mack vs BUF
Ekeler vs TEN
Crowell vs MIN

I currently have them in that order, assuming TY plays.

Agreed

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

I have a few:

Bears D/ST v Patriots
Cardinals D/ST v Broncos
Broncos D/ST v Cardinals
Lions D/ST v Miami

Pick a WR2 and flex standard (0 PPR)

Gabriel vs NE
Powell vs MIN
Coutee vs JAX
R. Anderson vs MIN
Goodwin vs LAR

Pick 2 .5 PPR:
A. Robinson vs NE
J. Landry vs TB
A Collins vs NO
L Miller vs JAX
C Clement vs CAR

(assuming D. Cook is out)

Thanks guys!

Butter Hole fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Oct 19, 2018

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Bye weeks finally starting to add up!

I need 1 RB and 1 FLEX out of this mess in 0.5 PPR, don’t need anyone to break the bank just put up an average score:

Adrian Peterson
Crabtree

Jordan Howard
Peyton Barber
Keelan Cole

Think Crabtree’s got a decent floor because of targets. Sitting Howard hurts but looks like he’s lost it to Cohen and I don’t know if I trust Barber yet.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Panthers are at Philly this week and I've got both sides of that matchup. Wentz or Cam?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Anyone downgrading Phillip Lindsay with the news that Ronald Leary and Jared Veldheer are out tonight?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Pick 2 - PPR

Crabtree vs NO
Robinson be NE
Ingram @ BAL
Lindsay @ ARI

Rankings say play the 2 WR’s, but I want to play the RB’s!

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
0.5 PPR, Antonio Brown is on bye, so do I start:

Edelman
Gordon
Watkins

Zerilan posted:

Panthers are at Philly this week and I've got both sides of that matchup. Wentz or Cam?

Cam

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

kayakyakr posted:

0.5 PPR, Antonio Brown is on bye, so do I start:

Edelman
Gordon
Watkins

Cam

Which Gordon?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Tiptoes posted:

Anyone downgrading Phillip Lindsay with the news that Ronald Leary and Jared Veldheer are out tonight?

Hope you didn't.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Silly Burrito posted:

Hope you didn't.
I did not! I talked myself into fading Sony Michel instead!

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
anyone watching the game know what happened to sanders? i missed it but just saw his status pop up in my feed to questionable :smith:

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?

Last King posted:

anyone watching the game know what happened to sanders? i missed it but just saw his status pop up in my feed to questionable :smith:

Yeah I thought I was having a good week with him going off and then the questionable popped up and im mad

Anyway for Sunday I have dilemmas 1 ppr league 2 RBS 1 QB and 2 more wr sanders already played for me so im off to a good start help me:

Goff @ sf
Brees @ bal

Coleman vs nyg
Cohen vs ne
Breida vs rams

Sanu vs nyg
Jones jr @ Mia
Fuller @ jax

Leaning towards the top one/two I put for each category based on matchups and injuries but if anyone has a different opinion I'd listen

Edit: I have Conner and others on bye in case anyone is wondering why I have such limited options at rb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kamakaze9
Jun 11, 2005
Hey you guys!!
edit: ^^^^^ I am in agreement with your choices, except your RBs I'm not familiar enough yet to comment on them.

My bench is a little messed up because I'm coming off some byes and haven't been able to decide who's worth picking up or who to give up for the pick-ups. This is a 10-team standard league. I've been running with Brees and Lutz most the season and they've served me pretty well, but this week at least, I'm thinking my new pick-ups are going to be better. However, I don't know enough to determine for the rest of the season. Also, need help determining what to do with my RB, WR, and TE positions. Here's where I'm currently at:

QB: Winston vs Cle, Brees vs Bal
RB: McCaffrey vs Phi, Breida vs LA, Mack vs Buf (Flex), Barber vs Cle, Fournette vs Hou (probably still injured)
WR: Goodwin vs LA, Boyd vs KC, A. Brown (bye), Landry vs TB
TE: OJ Howard vs Cle, I can pick up Engram vs Atl or Uzomah vs KC on the waiver wire
K: Zuerlein vs SF, Lutz vs Bal
Def: Colts vs Buf

Some names on the waiver wire are
RB: Powell, Johnson, Thompson, Lewis, Ekeler
WR: Davis, Robinson, Kirk, J. Brown, Wilson

edit 2: Also, I picked up Zuerlein and Colts based on stuff I've heard from podcasts and the forums, but I'm not sure why they are expected to do really well. Can someone explain the reasoning, please?

Kamakaze9 fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Oct 19, 2018