Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
All done up to shoot my mom's BFF's mom's 90th birthday party a bit over a week ago:

It went from mid-80sF to low 40s overnight between Sunday and Monday, time to break out the field jacket:

East Texas season changes come out of loving nowhere. One day I'm sweating in a tshirt, the next morning I'm shivering in flannel. (And for those of you who live in the frozen north, I'm used to 110F over the summer.)

Agreed on Waco only being notable for being halfway between Austin and Dallas. I prefer stopping a couple miles north in West, the Czech Stop has the best kolaches.

Edit: also, cute story from the 90th birthday party: Somebody asked my mom's BFF if her kids would be there. "No, my boys can never fly in for anything, they're Uncle Sams boy's now." (Both career sailors.)

Awhile later, I saw a Navy uniform edging toward the door. It was the older son, the one I went to school with. Surprise! We were both a little bit worried that Granny was going to keel over when she saw him. Granny's reaction:

She did had to sit down for awhile after. :unsmith:

(Dude's a Master Chief, he's pretty much a god incarnate, he can get a couple days off for something like that.)

Chillbro Baggins has a new favorite as of 23:42 on Oct 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

Weird lighting makes me look all washed out. The filter doesn’t help.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Good news! Weird lighting can't hide the cute. Or the tough.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

The hair! :3:

The eyes! :3:

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

http://convio.cancer.ca/site/TR/IFE_QC_Event/IFE_QC_General_?px=8428360&pg=personal&fr_id=23891

I posted this previous because you asked for it, but I am not sure that it was seen :)

This fundraiser's donations are going towards Cancer Research, by the Canadian Cancer Society. Any run over will be put towards other research deemed fit my the C.C.S.

My mother is doing well, but very nervous for her consultation with the surgeon. Her doctor did not give her much information, and I think that the best thing that we can all do, is educate ourselves.

Okay, go on being beautiful now! Thank you!!!

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Hey goons, I lost 60 lbs over the past year and grew something resembling a beard!

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Shingouryu posted:

Hey goons, I lost 60 lbs over the past year and grew something resembling a beard!

Way to go dude, you look so happy!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Congrats, man. :)

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Thanks, I finally feel passably attractive for the first time in over a decade, or at least good looking enough to approach all the gorgeous goons in this thread :)

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

hell yeah chitoryu's gonna get hit on

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

(that was a joke)

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I scrolled down part way and only saw proceeds benefit cancer.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

rodbeard posted:

I scrolled down part way and only saw proceeds benefit cancer.

Thanks, I am not sure how the page layout looks to people who aren't.... accessing the private information of the page. There should be a yellow donate button on the top right, or a blue donate button on the page. You may need to enable Flash.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

i wish i could donate but i'm barely holding my head above water financially right now. instead i'm sending best wishes and an offer to send a good chile stew recipe

ChickenOfTomorrow has a new favorite as of 23:47 on Oct 18, 2018

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

i wish i could donate but i'm barely holding my head above water financially right now. instead i'm sending best wishes and an offer to send a good chili recipe

Thank you for your wishes :) I am not exactly in a great financial situation, either. I am trying to think of what I can do, and this was a knee-jerk reaction, the first grand gesture that I could think of, the day that I found out. I think that awareness is super important, and being there, to support people who are going through things, health, mental health, whatever it is, is most important.

I really do just wish the best for everyone, and anyone who donates, I am very grateful towards, and anyone who doesn't, I am certainly not personally offended by.

This is me, not really sure what to do, just trying to do Something.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

very relatable feels!!

also i edited my message, its a chile stew not chilli :doh:

ChickenOfTomorrow has a new favorite as of 23:50 on Oct 18, 2018

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Shingouryu posted:

Congrats! You look great. And happier!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shingouryu posted:

Congrats, my dude!

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Shingouryu posted:

Excellent work!

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Accidentla Death Rock Hair edition

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Still not tired of this wig, or sweater. Happy Friday, goons!

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

They coordinate so well!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Teagan posted:

:same:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Teagan posted:

Okay so that wig looks badass with those glasses. Happy friday!

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Teagan posted:

:swoon:

Lookin' good!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Teagan posted:

DAY-UM GIRL

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
Man that sweater looks comfy

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Hi guys!

I'm Mary Jane, the human eating cow!

I'm taking the lady I care for to the Tribe's Halloween party today. She's going to be a farmer.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Scathach posted:

Hi guys!

I'm Mary Jane, the human eating cow!

I'm taking the lady I care for to the Tribe's Halloween party today. She's going to be a farmer.

Awesome!
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/man-eating-cow/4005-41614/

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Best part of the party, the reptile dude. This is his 8yo Lucy.

I need a Lucy.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Scathach posted:

I need a Lucy.

:swoon:

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Scathach posted:

I need a Lucy.

:allears::3::swoon:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

cute as gently caress imo

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
The word for "perfect" in Hebrew is מושלם, "mushlam", so this is "moo-shlam". :)

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

The word for "perfect" in Hebrew is מושלם, "mushlam", so this is "moo-shlam". :)

I love that.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Scathach posted:

I need a Lucy.
Cute dog.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Shingouryu posted:

Holy poo poo congrats! That's awesome.

Teagan posted:

Love this so much, lavender is one of my favorite colors.

Finally got my hurr did. Went from about waist length to shoulder length. Still fits in a ponytail for work too so I'm quite pleased!

Before

After

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I missed like 700 pages. I hope everyone is well!

I gave my notice at my life stealing job

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Dixville posted:

Holy poo poo congrats! That's awesome.

Love this so much, lavender is one of my favorite colors.

Finally got my hurr did. Went from about waist length to shoulder length. Still fits in a ponytail for work too so I'm quite pleased!

Before

After

Looks great!

Sweet As Sin posted:

I missed like 700 pages. I hope everyone is well!

I gave my notice at my life stealing job

You were missed! Go take that life back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
A very good night to all from our own little Princess, who this evening was enjoying a warm rock for a pillow.