Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Clearly the Doctor is going to get pregnant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
The timeless child is the dead torchwood pizza woman

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I just bought a Prius. Both electric and engine.

...like a hybrid.

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
^^oh no

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Lawrence Miles is a massive prequels fan

(also can we stop calling him Mad Larry, given he's tweeted about his problems with mental health on many occasions so it seems a bit crass)

Ahh yeah absolutely. I haven’t kept up with him since his lengthy anti-Moffat blog posts.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

The_Doctor posted:

I just bought a Prius. Both electric and engine.

...like a hybrid.

That was the worst one by far jesus christ

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Clouseau posted:

Ahh yeah absolutely. I haven’t kept up with him since his lengthy anti-Moffat blog posts.

Also I very nearly have the same name

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Soothing Vapors posted:

I cheated and grabbed a subtitle file: It was hard to make out between the accents and the vocal effect.

THANK YOU!

I got absolutely none of that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Also I very nearly have the same name

Aha, you finally slipped up. I have you now, Mawrence Liles :smug:

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
THE PANDORICA WILL OPEN

SILENCE WILL FALL

MY IMPOSSIBLE GRILL

THE PROMISED LAND

yeah, I really hope we're not going to be hearing about the timeless child every other episode, like half the season-wide mysteries turned out to be wet farts

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

thrawn527 posted:

Is that "Timeless Child" bit referring to something I'm missing? Or are we not supposed to know yet?

I assumed it referred to Susan, and they're bringing her back this season. Again. Because, you know, we assume that every season.

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
Of the basic RTD series formula which the show has leaned on more or less consistently the watchword build to the finale is definitely one of the cliches I wish they’d get rid of.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

"Ah Doctor, perhaps you recall from the forbidden prophecies... the tale of... the MacGuffin?"
The Doctor: :stonk:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Jerusalem posted:

Imagine being the Daleks. You've fought some mind-bending insane time war with a bunch of old assholes who have been running poo poo in the universe for 10 million years and you're WINNING, and it's down to the final moments and you've loving won forever and it's over and ultimate victory is finally yours.... and then all 12* Doctors show up and you just KNOW that they're gonna pull some bullshit :xd:

* No sir.....

gently caress I love that scene every time I watch it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The two different Seventh Doctors irritates me.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Lunatic Sledge posted:

MY IMPOSSIBLE GRILL

Tell me more about this "Susan Foreman Grill."

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
FINALLY got around to watching the Ghost Protocol. It was better than the first episode by a country mile, but the evil bandages were a bit of a letdown.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Davros1 posted:

it's totally in-character tho

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Anyone know what Doctor Who actually translates as?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Senor Tron posted:

Anyone know what Doctor Who actually translates as?

神秘博士
Dr. Mystery or Dr. Secret, I think?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Doctor Mysterio

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

Imagine being the Daleks. You've fought some mind-bending insane time war with a bunch of old assholes who have been running poo poo in the universe for 10 million years and you're WINNING, and it's down to the final moments and you've loving won forever and it's over and ultimate victory is finally yours.... and then all 12* Doctors show up and you just KNOW that they're gonna pull some bullshit :xd:

* No sir.....
There was a time when my dad was dying that I watched Day of the Doctor every single night for like two months, and this scene still gives me goosebumps.

What's this about two sevenths? I never noticed.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

LividLiquid posted:

There was a time when my dad was dying that I watched Day of the Doctor every single night for like two months, and this scene still gives me goosebumps.

What's this about two sevenths? I never noticed.

They use video of the Seventh Doctor from one of classic series eps in the "All 13!" scene, and then moments later when they go back, they use video of Seven from the TV Movie.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

There should have just been an uncountable number of TARDISes there. All sorts of varieties; cartoon ones, bad CGI ones, stuff like the Jade Pagoda, etc.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Davros1 posted:

All part of his chessmaster plan :smug:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

All part of his chessmaster plan :smug:
*Twirls umbrella and strolls away from the chaos*

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Might have to rewatch Sylvester's whole run again now. Wonder if I can make it all the way through Time and the Rani without yelling "OH gently caress OFF" and skipping on to Paradise Towers this time.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CommonShore posted:

gently caress I love that scene every time I watch it.

"Calling the War Council of Gallifrey.... this is the Doctor!" in that pitch-perfect Hartnell voice never fails to get to me. :swoon:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

As my screenwriting professor said, never be afraid to tell the joke that only 1 person in a thousand will get. :eng101:

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

"Calling the War Council of Gallifrey.... this is the Doctor!" in that pitch-perfect Hartnell voice never fails to get to me. :swoon:

There were so many bits of that that made me happy, although I think "...and for my next trick!" was pretty great. I do wish Eccleston had done at least a cameo.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Listening to Jubilee and goddamn it's so loving good

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

corn in the bible posted:

Martin Jarvis and Rosalind Ayres are brilliant in it.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Marry me, Dalek! Be my husband!!

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

It is.

:colbert:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It's ok. I might need a relisten.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Jerusalem posted:

Seriously. I could grouse about using archive audio for the living Doctors instead of getting them to record new voiceovers for that scene but the First Doctor spinning in with such a perfect impersonation still gives me shivers of dumb fangirl excitement so I'm too busy being excited to let mild disappointments like that bother me afterwards.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Netflix, this is not a great preview image for Day of the Doctor.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What the heck is wrong with you, that's perfect.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Fil5000 posted:

There were so many bits of that that made me happy, although I think "...and for my next trick!" was pretty great. I do wish Eccleston had done at least a cameo.

I really wish they hadn't revealed the next doctor before that scene. Imagine if you didn't know who he was gonna be and them BAM Malcolm tucker's flying a TARDIS. I'd have lost my poo poo completely

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I liked Jubilee a lot the first time I heard it but found it didn't really stand up well to re-listens.

So what I'm saying is that if you loved it, listen to it exactly and only once.

(I'm a bit cooler on Robert Shearman's work than most of this thread, though. Aside from Chimes of Midnight of course, I'm not a monster.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I really wish they hadn't revealed the next doctor before that scene. Imagine if you didn't know who he was gonna be and them BAM Malcolm tucker's flying a TARDIS. I'd have lost my poo poo completely

We'll never get a secret new Doctor reveal ever. There's too much promotional value in it for them to let it just happen as part of a story without anyone knowing in advance. Which is a real shame.