Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Oh, so that's where Shade came from. Tales was acting like we should know this weirdass Hunter S. Thompson ripoff and be happy he was back. And honestly he was only like the fourth best Hunter S. Thompson ripoff I'd seen so that was a hard sell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
He's also voiced by the Warden from Superjail so that's a plus in my book.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

The Jumpoff posted:

Now that we've seen the Seraph guardian I feel it appropriate to ask:

Are you and Panzer going to be doing any of the raid bosses?

it turns out that panzer does have digistruct peak so after we finish all the dlc and i cheat us up some level appropriate characters i don't see why we can't do a tour of pandora and die to all the bosses because it's been so long i don't know what i'm doing anymore

mastersord posted:

If you ask a question in your videos, I'll try and answer them. The cursed pirates gimmick is that they leech your life to restore their own. I can't remember what the best way was to take them out.

that tracks. i think i mentally put this together in my head at some point during the dlc but never mention it since it doesn't matter-- i need to be up in their grill to do damage anyway lmao

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

panzer and i are, like... really bad at knowing what sidequests are worth our time and knowing the fast ways to complete them

Episode #23: Open Concept Dumpster

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I don't know if everyone else has known about this since forever ago (they probably have tbqh) but I was not ready for Gaige screaming "ALLAN WRITE SOME DIALOGUE HERE" so thanks for that

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I think I missed it but can someone point me at the CE file to use to fix these stupid drop rates? I've got a stalled co-op game of UHVM and I think fixing the loot tables to stop being poo poo would be huge to reignite interest. we all know it sucks, so if it's just a case of host runs CE with the modified tables, that's doable. or do all 4 people need it?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Psion posted:

I think I missed it but can someone point me at the CE file to use to fix these stupid drop rates? I've got a stalled co-op game of UHVM and I think fixing the loot tables to stop being poo poo would be huge to reignite interest. we all know it sucks, so if it's just a case of host runs CE with the modified tables, that's doable. or do all 4 people need it?
This is what I've been using, and it appears to be identical to the setup Kaubocks is using, as far as I can tell. And I think it just needs to be the host running it, although Kau will have to answer that because I haven't played any MP with CE active yet.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

that seems to be the same one-- i use tables from technojacker for both BL2 and BLTPS but it's been a long time since i've had to download them so i don't quite remember where i got them, haha

it's true only the host needs to have it running, but you can only set it up once you're in the game proper

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Speaking of, is there any way to save the changes you make to the tables so they'll keep for more than one session, or do you have to go in and make the edits every single time you boot the game?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

if there's a way to save the settings, i'm unsure what they are. i always just edit it each time i launch the game, though this goes pretty quick with the experience of having done it probably 100 times before

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
As far as i've seen and researched, any edits made to the games hex-code have to be done every time you launch it. Also, for people wary of downloading Cheat Engine (it set off MalwareBytes every time i tried downloading it so take that into consideration), who wants to experience the glory of increased drop rates, there is a solution: if you have the tools to run the Unofficial Community Patch, you can also run the BL2 Better Loot mod. The highlights are MASSIVELY increased chances of better loot from chests (i have literally never seen anything lower than a blue come from any chest, ever, with it), bosses are guaranteed to drop their legendary weapons on death, reducing the grind form getting the gun at all to getting your preferred roll, as well as adding Serpah items and gemstone items to the drop tables. Also it works really with the the community patch, and means getting seraph items isn't reduced to god-awful boss fights!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

in this episode we meet one of the worst characters in the franchise! it sucks, but don't worry-- we definitely kill them later in the story!

Episode #24: You'll Remember

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
You found a Maliwan E-tech rocket launcher. E-tech launchers have larger AoE for splash damage and elemental effects.

Edit: You can modify the cheat table file for loot weight presets and create your own, but it is a bit involved. I can talk about it later if you want.

mastersord fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Oct 20, 2018

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Scooter is ridiculously over the top. Herbert is... a bit too familiar.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Kibayasu posted:

Scooter is ridiculously over the top. Herbert is... a bit too familiar.

He also doesn't stalk people to the best of my knowledge. Women find him repulsive to the point of killing themselves if he shows interest in them on the regular, sure, but he doesn't have a shrine to them set up in his home or anything like that. And by asking you for girly mags all the time as a plan B he shows that he's willing to accept "no" as an answer.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

in this episode we meet one of my favorite robots and also find one of my new favorite weapons. also panzer picks a gaige ability specifically to annoy me.

Episode #25: Midnight Star

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
That "oh poo poo!" when you test-fired the Midnight Star had me in loving stitches.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

this video's a bit on the long side because of how bad we are at hunting treasure but we still find time to finish off the Captain Scarlett DLC! 1 major DLC down, 3 to go!

Episode #26: Oh, Worm?

Arban
Aug 28, 2017
I for one, is both watching and enjoying your lets pee.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I might be making this up but I think there's another small loot chest room near the bottom of the pyramid? I don't think there's another 20 chests there but I really want to say there's something there.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

I might be making this up but I think there's another small loot chest room near the bottom of the pyramid? I don't think there's another 20 chests there but I really want to say there's something there.

There's another Black Skull chest down there. It's to the right when you enter the chamber and then it's like the 2nd or third level from the bottom.

It's marginally worth the hassle of platforming back up the pyramid. You do get a Challenge completed the first time you open it though.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

The Jumpoff posted:

There's another Black Skull chest down there. It's to the right when you enter the chamber and then it's like the 2nd or third level from the bottom.

there's WHAT

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?
To answer your unasked question I saw in the video, sorry, I don't watch your videos.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Scarlett's pet being a rakk hive was a pretty good joke actually.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Klaus88 posted:

Scarlett's pet being a rakk hive was a pretty good joke actually.

How so?

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

The Rakk Hive was also a boss in Borderlands 1. It was even less dangerous than the fight in the vid since that one at least had environmental hazards. It would stand there and let you shoot its eyes out while it trickled rakks out of its back, after being hyped up not quite as badly as Wilhelm was in BL2, but still made out to be kinda dangerous.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

And its the easiest goddamn boss since you can literally never die since Rakk are made of paper and spit and die to a soothing summer breeze so you can second wind your way through

if you do get damaged enough to FFYL that is

Veotax
May 16, 2006

YouTube is asking the questions that matter.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Veotax posted:

Clicks I can’t remember it

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

time for another spot of short DLC before we dive into a big one -- it's the season of LOVE here in the city borderlandsville!

Episode #27: Krieg, Motivational Speaker

Veotax posted:

i don't blame you for picking that

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Opening up all those treasure chests in the pirate vault and seeing so many whites, even with your horrible cheating ways, was crazy.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Schubalts posted:

Opening up all those treasure chests in the pirate vault and seeing so many whites, even with your horrible cheating ways, was crazy.

this is so, so infuriating. BL2 has good parts, but it's also exceptionally badly designed in so many ways Gearbox could have avoided. It's truly "fun" to fight a boss on UVHM or whatever and finally kill it and it shits out two blues and about a billion whites which are all irrelevant because I go back to sanctuary and burn twenty golden keys and why bother looting anything ever. oh wait that isn't fun at all!

loot shooters shouldn't make you not care about loot. Especially while you're still leveling up! Max level I understand the loot treadmill has to stop eventually but this is just bad.

e: i mean why do you think I was so psyched about getting those CE tables? :v:

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Oct 26, 2018

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Psion posted:

loot shooters shouldn't make you not care about loot. Especially while you're still leveling up!

I haven't played a Borderlands, but Shadow Warrior 2 did the loot shooter pretty well imo with all of the guns being preset. The random drops you get are gems that you socket into guns and can be combined together into more powerful colors which will roll at your current level.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Schubalts posted:

I'm pretty sure the whites were mostly ammo pickups, every actual thing looked green or higher.

I'm a bit conflicted on the whole loot aspect. On the one hand, I like seeing all the cool things y'all find, but there's no real sense of escalation. Every time it's like "Oh, there's another Quasar over here" "Sweet, the numbers are bigger." Which is the core gameplay loop, but there's not a lot of the decision-making present that goes on at the basic drop rates, where I look at three guns that are technically worse than the Lascaux that I've been using for ten levels, but they're all slag-elemental and at least closer to my level.

I've actually had pretty good luck with drops in the game I'm going through now (Thanks entirely to this LP for getting me back into it), I've been using a Maggie and a random purple Tediore shield that had more regen per second than its capacity and a 1.25 second recharge delay. I switched it for an Impaler for a while before abandoning that for the 1340 Shield because of item level issues. Which would be a great reason to cheat, honestly, if I could find more purple Tediore shields, I'd be all over that. I'm still using the Maggie, but it's becoming obsolete quickly just from mission drops. If I want a pistol, I've got the Teapot, if I want a shotgun, I have the RokSalt.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

playing with krieg builds

I

I think I have too much magazine size.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Rigged Death Trap posted:

No such thing. :blastu:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Rigged Death Trap posted:

playing with krieg builds

I

It's not bigger than your remaining ammo for the weapon type, so you're good!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Commander Keene posted:

It's not bigger than your remaining ammo for the weapon type, so you're good!

Oh no I can do that with another shotgun
but fully stacked I can get out 12 rapid fire shots with the quad.

Its an instant enemy deleter.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

EXPLOSIONS??????????????????

Episode #28: Torgue's Big Beat-off

also re: weapon drops, a thing that's cool about the game that is also a detriment is there is just... so much loot. so many manufacturers each with different weapon types that can all come with different parts on them. it's really easy to narrow down on just a few weapons you like, which can make finding new loot boring like when i see Literally Any tediore or dahl and don't give it the time of day. i'm just already instinctively not interested in a lot of loot because i know i don't like how it feels to shoot! on a new playthrough with fresh eyes you're likely gonna be a lot more receptive to trying new weapons because the numbers look different imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
13:54 is the highlight of the video.