Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Sudden Javelin posted:

So Diablo 3 is out soon. Somehow I've never played a Diablo game but if Nine Parchments was extremely my poo poo I presume I'll like it? Mainly in it for the couch co op

if you loved Nine Parchments, Diablo 3 is going to make you flip your poo poo. It's the zenith of dungeon crawler isometric spellslinging loot games. Nine Parchments is very very basic and D3 gives you a loving incredible wealth of options and playstyles + freedom to play the game how you want in terms of difficulty, missions, and post-postgame challenges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

I hope it has the dub.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I've been meaning to pick up Okami. If it's on sale might as well do it now, unless it'll go back on sale in the future?

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
So I'm looking at getting Isaac due to the Nicalis eShop sale that's on at the moment BUT I already have it in hard copy. Since Isaac is my go-to "one run before bed" game I figured it'd be easier to have it as a digital copy rather than as a hardcopy.

Question is, would my progress carry over from the hard copy to digital? Is the Switch smart enough to recognise that the save data is/should be the same?

Probably also worth mentioning that I've got an AU Switch running a US copy of Isaac (since we didn't get it locally until late 2017 and gently caress waiting).

On that note selected Nicalis titles are up to 60% off so probably worth looking into. Not sure if that's a global thing but games like Isaac, VVVVVV and Ikaruga are cheaper than ever, so :whatup:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Goodpart posted:

On that note selected Nicalis titles are up to 60% off so probably worth looking into. Not sure if that's a global thing but games like Isaac, VVVVVV and Ikaruga are cheaper than ever, so :whatup:

VVVVVV... Shouldn't get it again, but then again. VVVVVV.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Goodpart posted:

So I'm looking at getting Isaac due to the Nicalis eShop sale that's on at the moment BUT I already have it in hard copy. Since Isaac is my go-to "one run before bed" game I figured it'd be easier to have it as a digital copy rather than as a hardcopy.

Question is, would my progress carry over from the hard copy to digital? Is the Switch smart enough to recognise that the save data is/should be the same?

Yep, saves are per title and not per cart, I did the same just so I could give Isaac to someone else and all my stuff carried over

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Meallan posted:

Well each time I've had to hard reset so yes.
Just do a hard reset once a day and it should be fine

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Diablo switch will have seasons, right?

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017

bowmore posted:

Just do a hard reset once a day and it should be fine

So should I basically power it off when I leave it on the dock overnight?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Meallan posted:

So should I basically power it off when I leave it on the dock overnight?
that's up to you I guess

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip

turnways posted:

Yep, saves are per title and not per cart, I did the same just so I could give Isaac to someone else and all my stuff carried over
perfect

Time to go waste more money I guess!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Do I need nintendo online to play d3 online?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Yes.

If you pay for the game, you must pay for online. Pretty backwards.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Reality Pisser posted:

Do I need nintendo online to play d3 online?

Yea

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

if you loved Nine Parchments, Diablo 3 is going to make you flip your poo poo. It's the zenith of dungeon crawler isometric spellslinging loot games. Nine Parchments is very very basic and D3 gives you a loving incredible wealth of options and playstyles + freedom to play the game how you want in terms of difficulty, missions, and post-postgame challenges.

Also playing D3 on a controller is a fantastic experience. I’m looking forward to portable mode Diablo 3.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Stan Taylor posted:

Diablo switch will have seasons, right?

Im assuming but some part of me wonders

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Is the Nicalis sale an EU thing. I’m not see BoI on sale and I’d love to get it on Switch

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Is the Nicalis sale an EU thing. I’m not see BoI on sale and I’d love to get it on Switch

It was on sale here a few weeks ago for half off. I regret not grabbing it then.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Did Nintendo make changes to the Joy Cons since the system launched?

I just got my new ones for Mario Party, my two observations about them so far.

1) When you reorder the joycons, they pair instantly when hitting the ZL/ZR buttons. My original Joycons always had a notable delay
2) The Joy-Con Straps actually easily slide into each other and lock/unlock easily. My original joycons always had a problem where it was hard as hell to unlatch.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Chiming in on the Okami port, it still holds up pretty well.

Just be aware that Issun sucks mondo rear end and his gimmick of talking slowly and being constantly horny gets old fast.

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug
I played the poo poo out of Diablo 2 back in the day, but never bothered with D3.

How's the single player portion of the game? Not too bothered about playing online.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
I can finally play Warriors Orochi 4 in English. So far, I'm just in the earlygame. At least I have Tamamo to play with.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

psylent posted:

I played the poo poo out of Diablo 2 back in the day, but never bothered with D3.

How's the single player portion of the game? Not too bothered about playing online.

The story sucks rear end but most players at this point do the Adventure mode, which is random maps and objectives. The Seasonal class sets tend to be decent fun and keeps me coming back every few months.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Dad Jokes posted:

Just be aware that Issun sucks mondo rear end and his gimmick of talking slowly and being constantly horny gets old fast.

I do that and I still have friends

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug

FutonForensic posted:

The story sucks rear end but most players at this point do the Adventure mode, which is random maps and objectives. The Seasonal class sets tend to be decent fun and keeps me coming back every few months.
Not too bothered about the story as I'm pretty sure it's a variation on "a great evil has corrupted the world, are you a bad enough dude to fight through the evil monsters and defeat the big bad evil at the end of the game?"

As long as the gameplay is good, I'm happy.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Astro7x posted:

Did Nintendo make changes to the Joy Cons since the system launched?

I just got my new ones for Mario Party, my two observations about them so far.

1) When you reorder the joycons, they pair instantly when hitting the ZL/ZR buttons. My original Joycons always had a notable delay
2) The Joy-Con Straps actually easily slide into each other and lock/unlock easily. My original joycons always had a problem where it was hard as hell to unlatch.

The original joycons and the original pro controller have worse build quality and it isn't even close. Even the plastic is somehow stronger/firmer. The downside of buying in early is getting lower quality poo poo unfortunately.

Chazani
Feb 19, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It shows up on sale for me. Bought it on wednesday.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

psylent posted:

The story sucks but you might as well play through it once before moving on to Adventure mode.

Playing with other people is definitely not necessary to have a good time in any case.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I never understood the online part of Diablo 3 and basically just played through the story but I really enjoyed my time playing through all the characters fwiw

story's dumb but I don't see why anyone would expect anything else

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Your Computer posted:

I never understood the online part of Diablo 3 and basically just played through the story but I really enjoyed my time playing through all the characters fwiw

story's dumb but I don't see why anyone would expect anything else

You basically just power grind with your hero of choice and none of the plot.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Finished the main story of TWEWY, only had to leave docked mode for one boss because not even the recentering button made it easier to hit him. Other than that one instant though I was fine and only died twice.

I played the game when it first came out and I recall it feeling really short and ending really fast and VERY few, but specific story details. Actual late game/ending spoilers follow. I remembered Neku starting the game out as a total rear end in a top hat, the multiple games, Rhyme being turned into a pin after dying and that Joshua was like, god or something I guess.
I didn't however remember that Josh was a utter rear end in a top hat (especially after playing DDD recently where he was just mysterious at best). I can't believe I got to go on the rollercoaster of "who the gently caress shot neku" all over again. That's the dumbest thing and I loved it.

I think the only reason I thought it was super short when I played it all those years back is because the days are broken up into chapters so after 20 minutes CHAPTER COMPLETE and you're just kinda cruising along. Pretty glad about that and glad the game in general holds up extremely well. Only thing that bothers me is that I have to apparently do a bunch of Kingdom Hearts level bullshit to get to the actual new content. Can't wait to replay the entire game for these Ansem Reports.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh man just put in a four hour session of Starlink

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Dad Jokes posted:

Issun is my friend

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003

Al Borland Corpse posted:

Oh man just put in a four hour session of Starlink

Good?

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Finished the main story of TWEWY, only had to leave docked mode for one boss because not even the recentering button made it easier to hit him. Other than that one instant though I was fine and only died twice.

I played the game when it first came out and I recall it feeling really short and ending really fast and VERY few, but specific story details. Actual late game/ending spoilers follow. I remembered Neku starting the game out as a total rear end in a top hat, the multiple games, Rhyme being turned into a pin after dying and that Joshua was like, god or something I guess.
I didn't however remember that Josh was a utter rear end in a top hat (especially after playing DDD recently where he was just mysterious at best). I can't believe I got to go on the rollercoaster of "who the gently caress shot neku" all over again. That's the dumbest thing and I loved it.

I think the only reason I thought it was super short when I played it all those years back is because the days are broken up into chapters so after 20 minutes CHAPTER COMPLETE and you're just kinda cruising along. Pretty glad about that and glad the game in general holds up extremely well. Only thing that bothers me is that I have to apparently do a bunch of Kingdom Hearts level bullshit to get to the actual new content. Can't wait to replay the entire game for these Ansem Reports.

For the new content I think you just have to beat the glowy reapers on each of the seventh days, at least that's what the hint looks like.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I got about 3 hours of Starlink in. Seems fun so far! I've just been flying around doing the open world wander around, loving with activities on waypoints thing. I like the cast so far and I'm enjoying the weapons. I'm actually kind of glad my copy didn't have a game, since I ended up with the Deluxe, so I have more options and a cute little Arwing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's literally written by the guy who made Persona 1 & 2 so sure

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I've jumped into BOTW hardcore for the first time since I bought it and I'm near the end. I don't care about the weapons breaking , but Link moves slow as poo poo relative to the size of the environments and that bothers me. I'm used to playing games with absurd movement powers like Saints Row, Crackdown, Far Cry, Just Cause, etc. At the best of times Link feels like a toddler crawling through a swamp. Even the speedy buff isn't enough for me. I finally got enough stamina to spam jump when I'm climbing and it can still be agonizingly slow climbing the taller cliffs. The only movement that feels good to me is shield surfing and swimming up waterfalls with that special armor.
TLDR: GOTTA GO FAST

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Try using a horse. The best horses can be found in the general vicinity of, if I remember correctly, Upland Lindor, which is west of Hyrule Field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

The horses in the North tundra are really good as well.