Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

CPColin posted:

Top rated comment:

Um, actually, "NX" is the registry designation for experimental vessels, not a class on its own. And also, counterpoint: Excelsior.
holodeck comment strings are always just the worst i don't know why you keep loading them up after the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Pick posted:

No!! Only music is Vivaldi!!poo poo we don't have to license

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Watching a Q episode. I hope they take advantage of the new sweary Star Trek by having Q turn up in the Picard Show and Picard just sighs wearily and goes 'oh just gently caress off'.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Whalley posted:

holodeck comment strings are always just the worst i don't know why you keep loading them up after the show

Just fat men in various states of undress, angrily ranting into the holocamera about being able to have a female Klingon Captain in Battlespace: Feds vs. Klingons.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Going over latest controversies, XSpaceNinjaX was streaming that game where you use your eyes to push the discs in the holes, he's still the best, when someone Uxbridged him. They called Kevin Uxbridge and said that XSpaceNinjaX killed Rashon. Now there are no XSpaceNinjaXes anywhere

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Whalley posted:

I used to have the holodeck extension that turned the commenters into Pakleds, but our computer underwent a refit at the last starbase we stopped at and the extension doesn't work any more.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

MikeJF posted:

Watching a Q episode. I hope they take advantage of the new sweary Star Trek by having Q turn up in the Picard Show and Picard just sighs wearily and goes 'oh just gently caress off'.

"Goddamnit Q, I'm sick of your loving bullshit!"
"Oh Jean-Luc, don't be such a basic bitch."

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnvAZOdGqX4

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
My working theory is that sometime in the mid 21st century, someone created a DRM that was sentient who decided that the only way to protect copyright was to destroy everything.

All of Disney ceased to exist.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Geekboy posted:

My working theory is that sometime in the mid 21st century, someone created a DRM that was sentient who decided that the only way to protect copyright was to destroy everything.

All of Disney ceased to exist.

Disney started WW3 to protect their copyright.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Whalley posted:

Man just once I'd love to see someone on a Star Trek start talking about this amazing Romulan author and nobody really knows who they are and eventually we find out they're the Romulan equivalent of Peter Straub - lovely pulp that somehow keeps getting published despite sucking out loud.

I mean, gently caress, I'll talk for days about Sarah Langan and it seems like very few people here on her own planet in her own time even recognize her books, why not give us more of that poo poo.

Or alternatively, gimme an alien who keeps wanting to talk to humans about "you know, that amazing classic band from your world, Mom Jeans? surely the Mom Jeans band must be an important cultural icon for you all"
They kind of did that in The Orville, where they dramatically change a planet's culture by giving them reality television.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

SardonicTyrant posted:

They kind of did that in The Orville, where they dramatically change a planet's culture by giving them reality television.

This would be the equivalent of smallpox blankets to most cultures, imo

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The_Doctor posted:

By WWIII Disney's All Human History©®™ is raking in quadrillions off royalties and lawsuits, as every spoken, written, or graphically rendered human concept (or potential concept) falls under the auspices of their trademark.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Your earth words console me. It is, indeed, "hip" to be "square"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I just realized Bortus and Klyden are Miles and Keiko. And Bortus is the Keiko

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

The_Doctor posted:

If I can't have Steamboat Willie, no one can!

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEDtCgn1SvA

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

holy poo poo :laffo:

also was it Changeling Bashir that went to Risa and broke up with Leeta because lol

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I don't get why they do this. Why.

to get cosplayers to kill themselves

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Peachfart posted:

This would be the equivalent of smallpox blankets to most cultures, imo
Reality television is directly responsible for America's current sentient tire fire of an administration.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Changeling Bashir performed brain surgery on Sisko

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Admiral Bosch posted:

holy poo poo :laffo:

also was it Changeling Bashir that went to Risa and broke up with Leeta because lol

Also weird is Neelix and Kes breaking up while she's controlled by a alien warlord and noone going 'wait what.' Though honestly both are better not as a couple.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

FuturePastNow posted:

Changeling Bashir performed brain surgery on Sisko

lmao that Miles tells him he liked changeling Bashir better, that poo poo's loving ice cold

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Whalley posted:

I genuinely think there's room for a whole story if not miniseries about overcoming loneliness in an overpopulated technofuture with holodecks like I said this as a joke but now I really wanna see it.

Have you seen the Black Mirror episode USS Callister?

Because if not you should go watch the Black Mirror episode USS Callister.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Gorelab posted:

Also weird is Neelix and Kes breaking up while she's controlled by a alien warlord and noone going 'wait what.' Though honestly both are better not as a couple.

Yes. While she was "possessed by an alien warlord." Of course. The only possible explanation.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Is it ever explained why the first vorta we ever see in DS9 can shoot balls of energy out of her neck? It never comes up again.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

LividLiquid posted:

Is it ever explained why the first vorta we ever see in DS9 can shoot balls of energy out of her neck? It never comes up again.

they changed they are minds

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
Didn't they also have telekinetic powers? The one had this special lock around his or her neck, and Quark later found out that the device was just a lock with no other tech inside.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

tarlibone posted:

Didn't they also have telekinetic powers? The one had this special lock around his or her neck, and Quark later found out that the device was just a lock with no other tech inside.

That was Eris alone, who was also the only vorta who could step straight through force fields.

IIRC the books took the idea that Eris was a special Vorta variant engineered for covert operations, while Weyoun is from a more typical strain for administrators and diplomats.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

LividLiquid posted:

Listen, don’t worry about it.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ugebzq3juE

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
And Yelgrun was genetically engineered to rock

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Every Star Trek but Deep Space Nine is trending on US Netflix because we continue to live in the timeline where Biff had the sports almanac that will eventually become the mirror universe.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I'm convinced Keevan was deliberately engineered to be a piece of poo poo.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Keevan rules

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

My custom Keevan totebag says otherwise.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Big missed opportunity in that episode for Sisko to mistakenly call him Kevin, which really annoys Keevan, so Sisko continues to call him Kevin until he dies.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Senor Tron posted:

Have you seen the Black Mirror episode USS Callister?

Because if not you should go watch the Black Mirror episode USS Callister.

I desperately need the miniseries spinoff that they've been teasing for that episode.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Oh, I like Keevan, but let's not pretend having his corpse turned into a shambling automaton and left to rot on Empok Nor wasn't exactly what he deserved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

LividLiquid posted:

Wasn't that all a dream?

...or like they were plugged into a matrix like thing.