Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

So I assume Vor’s speech is already up in the dojo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Flytrap posted:

Mire Geli-toritox

+101.1% Cold
+88.4% Toxin
+164.6% Channeling Damage.

New Riven I just got from the daily Sortie. So I can turn the Mire into one Hell of a Viral sword.

Also recently got

Lex Insi-mantinak

+45.9% Puncture
+16.1% Damage to Corpus
+31.4% Projectile Flight Speed.

...prollly selling that one on the market. Must be someone who will give a few plat for a Lex riven.

I will buy/trade that Lex one off you?
I have a buttload of rivens I wanna be rid of -

Synapse,
Amprex,
Hema,
Atterax,
Phage,
Lecta,
Nami Skyla,
Zylok,
Ooltha,
Dokrahm,
Mutalist Cernos,
Grinlok
Ferrox x 2
Kohm
Sobek
Strun
Dual Ether

That's open to anygoon at reasonable prices/trades.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

going to be real loving disappointed if I don't turn a corner and have vay hek's beautiful poetry greeting me at random times

MY GHOULS CAN REMAKE YOU, TOO. ACCEPT THEIR... TOUCH

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

DarkDobe posted:

Synapse,
Amprex,
Hema,
Atterax,
Phage,
Lecta,
Nami Skyla,
Zylok,
Ooltha,
Dokrahm,
Mutalist Cernos,
Grinlok
Ferrox x 2
Kohm
Sobek
Strun
Dual Ether

You on PS4? Because I'll happily trade it for a Kohm Riven.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What's with veiled riven prices? When I sell mine off I get pretty much 50p for any type but I see people selling/requesting shotguns and melees for 10-20p? Did they just collapse in the last week for some reason?

quote:

Vigorous Swap will now deactivate when an Ability weapon is active (Mesa’s Peacemaker, Valkyr’s Hysteria, etc).

womp womp

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

DarkDobe posted:

Synapse,
Amprex,
Hema,
Atterax,
Phage,
Lecta,
Nami Skyla,
Zylok,
Ooltha,
Dokrahm,
Mutalist Cernos,
Grinlok
Ferrox x 2
Kohm
Sobek
Strun
Dual Ether

I'm interested in Sobek and Strun. What prices you interested in? Or any prime set or parts or rivens you're looking for?

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Synthbuttrange posted:

What's with veiled riven prices? When I sell mine off I get pretty much 50p for any type but I see people selling/requesting shotguns and melees for 10-20p? Did they just collapse in the last week for some reason?

I don't know, on PS4 I've always seen pistol veiled, for instance, going for 10p and rifles not much more. Shotguns are really the only ones I've seen going for 50+p. If someone was paying 50p for pistol rivens please hook me up because thats way better than what I've seen.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

DarkDobe posted:

Synapse,
Amprex,
Hema,
Atterax,
Phage,
Lecta,
Nami Skyla,
Zylok,
Ooltha,
Dokrahm,
Mutalist Cernos,
Grinlok
Ferrox x 2
Kohm
Sobek
Strun
Dual Ether

Oh man I want that kohm riven.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Once upon loading into a dojo dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of Warframe lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my orbiter door.
`'Tis some kiddo,' I muttered, `tapping at my orbiter door -
Only this, and nothing more.'

Back into the orbiter turning, all my soul within me burning,
Soon again I heard a tapping somewhat louder than before.
`Surely,' said I, `surely that is something at my window lattice;
Let me see then, what thereat is, and this mystery explore -
Let my heart be still a moment and this mystery explore; -
'Tis the wind and nothing more!'

Open here I flung the shutter, when, with many a flirt and flutter,
In there stepped a stately goose of the saintly days of yore.
Not the least obeisance made he; not a minute stopped or stayed he;
But, with mien of lord or lady, perched above my orbiter door -
Perched upon a bust of Teshin just above my orbiter door -
Perched, and sat, and nothing more.

Then this marble bird beguiling my sad fancy into smiling,
By the grave and stern decorum of the countenance it wore,
`Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou,' I said, `art sure no deuce.
Ghastly grim and ancient goose wandering from the nightly shore -
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!'
Quoth the goose...

https://giant.gfycat.com/MenacingKindCaudata.webm

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Oct 19, 2018

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire

:golfclap:

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Wow this looked like fun while it lasted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbc3whtZrnA

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Well that's a thing of beauty.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I finally got around to trying out Saryn Prime, and she's also more of a blast than I was expecting. Is the general plan just running around spamming 1 to infect stuff and spread it, with 2 to heal/gotta go fast? Keep 3 up all the time?

I have Frost still in the foundry that I'm waiting on, so between the two of them I feel like I should invest in a status melee and grab Condition Overload from trade chat.

Every time I think I'm winding down with this game I get pulled back in...

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I finally got around to trying out Saryn Prime, and she's also more of a blast than I was expecting. Is the general plan just running around spamming 1 to infect stuff and spread it, with 2 to heal/gotta go fast? Keep 3 up all the time?

I have Frost still in the foundry that I'm waiting on, so between the two of them I feel like I should invest in a status melee and grab Condition Overload from trade chat.

The general idea is to build for max range so you use 1 as little as possible. Every time you cast it the tick damage for spore gets cut by 20%. You think you're melting things now just wait until that tick damage doesn't go down.

Keep 3 up to taste but it is noticeably strong. Her 4 is a big nuke that hits everything with viral, half health sure does make things you have spored die a lot faster. Also it does 400% damage to anything with spores already on it.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

Top post on the subreddit:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

TheMostFrench posted:

Wow this looked like fun while it lasted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbc3whtZrnA

That mortar was beautiful.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

FileNotFound posted:

Since we're talking about free stuff for noobs:

I have a full set for Zephyr Prime. You must be at least MR6 to trade for it. CLAIMED

Sybaris Prime - Must be MR12...

I'm Mordgier in game and on generally 9-midnight EST - just message me. First come first serve.

Thanks for the Zephyr Prime - got all the pieces cooking last night after a little farming. Psyched to not get left behind in Plains anymore.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Bobby Deluxe posted:

"Sir this is a McTenno's drive-through"

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I wanted to do this, but am too cheap/lazy to buy 35 of the drat beacons to do it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
What's the best way to quickly and easily build up lots of points in the Rathuum so I can start my Saryn grind?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Ash was my go-to for Rathuum before DE hosed with his 4. Lethal Teleport with a Covert Lethality dagger should still work though.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
My trick was Nidus + Tigris + Rage/Hunter Adrenaline. You'll take an occasional hit and it'd build energy, but Larva to pin them and just unloading on the captive enemies makes it fly by real quick with a minimum of risk.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I just used Harrow to grind the first level of the Arena. Your 1 gives you overshield and pins them in place so you can unload into their head.

So I'm looking at Revenant, unranked, just got him. At a glance all of his skills actually look...pretty great? I mean sure Entrall is mildly pointless since enemies don't damage each other for poo poo but still, it's a potentially big enemy that's not shooting at you. Mesmer Skin seems pretty good, even if it apparently does have the trade off that it's ANY 15 hits no matter how small, meaning it's pretty useless against spam enemies. Dash looks loving amazing in concept, making you really hard to kill. And Danse Macabre...well, the move is good enough that I still see him all the time in high level play, just sitting in the middle of the map and spinning.

So is the reason for his bad reputation just that none of his moves are *enough*? Like Reave doesn't get enough health and shields back, Mesmer is really just that unreliable, etc? Because on paper all of this guy sounds amazing.

Though the lack of direction is REALLY apparent. Like he's got 3 skills straight out of Masquerade and then suddenly oh here's this laser light show. It's like they wanted to make a Vampire but got told at the last minute to make a Sentient.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
He's just a little boring I think. Power wise he seems fine (although maybe less so now he can't pop nullifiers).

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Cinnamon Bear posted:

There is a variety of ways to play Saryn.

The last patch actually made her somewhat stronger on maps where mob quantity is sufficient.

You should mostly be able to keep spores up without a recast. Now that miasma actually works as it should and does more damage to the mobs with spores, it is possible to easily keep spreading spores with just miasma.

Meaning anytime you see your infection count drop to 3 or less but know there are more mobs, hit 4 and watch your infection re-spread without having to recast spores.

I personally basically do not use my gun except to get that first kill in to spread the initial spore. Past that my Supra with Entrophy is really nothing more than a way to recharge energy.

Regenerative Molt is situational. I generally do not use it at all as an Umbral Saryn generally does not have a tough time staying alive. With that said, it can certainly make your life much easier but it will impact your total damage output so it's not really an optimal dps build.

Toxic Lash - I generally do not use it except in very early stages of the game when spores are weak and I need to spread them. Vast majority of the time the spores are damaging enough and spread all over the entire map that actually bothering to use a gun doesn't really make sense. I mean why would I want to kill this mob and reduce the spore growth rate when it will be dead in 3 seconds anyway? If I need to kill it to spread spores, I don't really need the extra damage as it will be dying very rapidly as is.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

So which frames are worth just spending plat on? From what I can gather:

- Nidus, Mesa, and Equinox are all bullshit farms
- Saryn is pretty annoying. I think I'm just going to buy Saryn Prime, but I need 1 stupid part for Chroma too.
- I need 1 more piece for Octavia and it's the C rotation derelict which has been a pain in the rear end (not difficult, just takes 20 minutes), but I can't bring myself to spend all that plat because I'm missing 1 piece
- Ivara I haven't really tried to farm yet but I have 2 of the parts, I wouldn't mind learning the spy missions.

Thoughts?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Baro has all the electric dual stat mods this weekend!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Shredder posted:

- Saryn is pretty annoying. I think I'm just going to buy Saryn Prime, but I need 1 stupid part for Chroma too.
- I need 1 more piece for Octavia and it's the C rotation derelict which has been a pain in the rear end (not difficult, just takes 20 minutes), but I can't bring myself to spend all that plat because I'm missing 1 piece
- Ivara I haven't really tried to farm yet but I have 2 of the parts, I wouldn't mind learning the spy missions.

Thoughts?

Nidus is OK - the mission you have to farm is a really fast, reliable way to get Neurodes and Axi relics, and pretty fun if you have a good hordemurder frame once you figure out how it works.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Flytrap posted:

I just used Harrow to grind the first level of the Arena. Your 1 gives you overshield and pins them in place so you can unload into their head.

So I'm looking at Revenant, unranked, just got him. At a glance all of his skills actually look...pretty great? I mean sure Entrall is mildly pointless since enemies don't damage each other for poo poo but still, it's a potentially big enemy that's not shooting at you. Mesmer Skin seems pretty good, even if it apparently does have the trade off that it's ANY 15 hits no matter how small, meaning it's pretty useless against spam enemies. Dash looks loving amazing in concept, making you really hard to kill. And Danse Macabre...well, the move is good enough that I still see him all the time in high level play, just sitting in the middle of the map and spinning.

So is the reason for his bad reputation just that none of his moves are *enough*? Like Reave doesn't get enough health and shields back, Mesmer is really just that unreliable, etc? Because on paper all of this guy sounds amazing.

Though the lack of direction is REALLY apparent. Like he's got 3 skills straight out of Masquerade and then suddenly oh here's this laser light show. It's like they wanted to make a Vampire but got told at the last minute to make a Sentient.

Enthrall is good for what happens when you kill a thrall. Don't think of it like Nyx's powers, think of it like Nezha's Blazing Chakram. It's setup for mass murder.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Baro has all the electric dual stat mods this weekend!

They're 300 ducats and 150k credits each, so get on that farm because you probably want these.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nidus isn't that bad since it is faster to solo salvage. mesa is much easier now that the keys have 1/3 the cost. equinox tends to be either very painless or endless dick punches with nothing in between, based solely on the rng. there's harrow, too. defection is terrible and takes ages, plus the part only drops in c at a low drop rate. i'd suggest trying defection once, and if you hate it as most people do just buy harrow before doing the quest. that way, the quest gives you a riven instead.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Well Baro is not as disappointing as last time for Consoles. He brought Primed Fever Strike (great) Primed Bane mods (Good if you have room on your build and the ducats), a red Machete (a machete), and this neat little Prisma Shade!

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

njsykora posted:

They're 300 ducats and 150k credits each, so get on that farm because you probably want these.

I'm kind of glad to be on console because we get to know like the next 1-2 months of Baro inventories ahead of time and can plan accordingly

FileNotFound posted:

There is a variety of ways to play Saryn.

The last patch actually made her somewhat stronger on maps where mob quantity is sufficient.

You should mostly be able to keep spores up without a recast. Now that miasma actually works as it should and does more damage to the mobs with spores, it is possible to easily keep spreading spores with just miasma.

Meaning anytime you see your infection count drop to 3 or less but know there are more mobs, hit 4 and watch your infection re-spread without having to recast spores.

I personally basically do not use my gun except to get that first kill in to spread the initial spore. Past that my Supra with Entrophy is really nothing more than a way to recharge energy.

Regenerative Molt is situational. I generally do not use it at all as an Umbral Saryn generally does not have a tough time staying alive. With that said, it can certainly make your life much easier but it will impact your total damage output so it's not really an optimal dps build.

Toxic Lash - I generally do not use it except in very early stages of the game when spores are weak and I need to spread them. Vast majority of the time the spores are damaging enough and spread all over the entire map that actually bothering to use a gun doesn't really make sense. I mean why would I want to kill this mob and reduce the spore growth rate when it will be dead in 3 seconds anyway? If I need to kill it to spread spores, I don't really need the extra damage as it will be dying very rapidly as is.

FunkyFjord posted:

The general idea is to build for max range so you use 1 as little as possible. Every time you cast it the tick damage for spore gets cut by 20%. You think you're melting things now just wait until that tick damage doesn't go down.

Keep 3 up to taste but it is noticeably strong. Her 4 is a big nuke that hits everything with viral, half health sure does make things you have spored die a lot faster. Also it does 400% damage to anything with spores already on it.

Thanks for the Saryn advice, will stick with her for a while and try to get her style down. Its definitely a refreshing change.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I'm kind of glad to be on console because we get to know like the next 1-2 months of Baro inventories ahead of time and can plan accordingly

Thanks for the Saryn advice, will stick with her for a while and try to get her style down. Its definitely a refreshing change.

There is also a very viable way to play Saryn as melee, but I can't speak for it as I dislike melee. It feels a lot like work and I'm one of the players that actually likes low effort frames like Saryn, Octavia, Equinox, Mesa which basically amount to keep up energy, push a button, win.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Shredder posted:

Thoughts?

i farmed all of those without complaint, but even I draw the line at Harrow. gently caress Harrow. Drop rates of <3% on those terrible missions is pure bullshit. I'm just going to wait for his Prime version, but if you're determined to drop coin he's the one I'd zero in on.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Pipski posted:

i farmed all of those without complaint, but even I draw the line at Harrow. gently caress Harrow. Drop rates of <3% on those terrible missions is pure bullshit. I'm just going to wait for his Prime version, but if you're determined to drop coin he's the one I'd zero in on.

Yup - gently caress Harrow. Bought him.

Mesa got easier with the key changes to Alad. I would not consider her a bad farm anymore.

I bough Ivara as I hated those spy missions. Really I hate spy missions in general.

Saryn/Chroma isn't hard with a real group but can be bad with pubbies who can't seem to figure out basic 'puzzles'. Find a good group and rush through her - really not just for the frame pieces but the mods and Twin Kohmak that are unique to her. Medi-Ray is quite good, untradable and can only drop from her. (I mean it is - but got to have more than 1 and it's not listable on warframe-market - so I just farmed mine)

Equinox is easy. Yes you need to get lots of parts, but you can do the run in 3 minutes. I got all the parts in less than 2 hours total. Which isn't great but not exactly hell either.

Khora - she can be a bitch to farm and build. The drops come from NSO from a highly diluted loot table and an otherwise unrewarding mission type - on top of that you need cat jizz to craft her. I farmed mine but I can see how buying her can be justified.

Nidus - Can be soloed fairly easily. Worse if you insist on doing it in a group as the missions will take longer.

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Oct 19, 2018

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Pipski posted:

Khora can be a long grind, too, with the system and BP both having only a 5.6% drop chance on rotation C. Figure 30-40 nos runs.

edit: curse you fast typers.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I just started playing a couple of days ago, and I'm loving this so far. (Also raised the question "Why the gently caress are people paying for Destiny 2?", but that's probably been discussed to death.)

I started with Excalibur, and I have the Vectis Prime rifle from the Twitch promo, which seems pretty overpowered at low level. When unlocking the first lunar gateway, I shot the guardian in the head twice and got "mission accomplished". Uh, okay?

A few questions, if you don't mind:

I'm not ready to spend cash just yet, so is it generally acceptable to stick with my starter warframe for a while and upgrade my weapons, or should I start heading toward something better immediately? I watched a few overview videos, and Mesa looks like it would fit my playstyle, but I have no idea how to even start farming for it.

Also, my wife expressed interest in playing. She's pretty good at FPS games but won't have a ton of time to invest, so we're looking for something fairly straightforward that she can jump right into. In these types of games she likes playing very tanky, shooty things (lots of armor/shield and assault rifles or fast semi-auto pistols). Does anyone have a good frame suggestion for her?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

WhiteHowler posted:

In these types of games she likes playing very tanky, shooty things (lots of armor/shield and assault rifles or fast semi-auto pistols). Does anyone have a good frame suggestion for her?
Rhino, who is available by farming Fossa on Venus. Mod him for health, armour and ability strength and he should last you well into endgame content.

You should probably grab him as well, because he is an invaluable backup for situations where you just need to be invincible and cheese your way through content.

E: She can also get the Braton for credits rather than plat if she likes ARs, and it should last her until she gets far enough through the star chart to get the Boltor blueprint.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Oct 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Seperate post for seperate thing, but someone just posted this on reddit to explain the whole 223 / 111 amp thing.

Personally I prefer klebrik because the vomvalyst defence phase can be a bit fiddly with a controller.