Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Lexorin posted:

Frankly I think masked PvP bounties are kinda cruel, because you're basically hosed unless you and your team are PvP masters. Which, let's be honest, most pubbies are not. I mean, I'm not either so that doesn't help.
don't do the PvP masked bounties in IB and it doesn't matter at all (ok, it matters a little bit since you're missing out on helmet perks, but it shouldn't prevent you from winning)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Lexorin posted:

Frankly I think masked PvP bounties are kinda cruel, because you're basically hosed unless you and your team are PvP masters.

*only puts my mask on as the Primeval is summoned in the final round, or in the last minute of a Crucible match, and takes it off right after*

Most people are retarded, you say?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
On Xbox and PS4 you can’t do that. If you go into the menu when the primeval spawns it’ll be dead before you finish loading.

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad
The only good cryptarch is Tyra Karn, she solved my sprint cooldown so I still get her to decrypt my primes when that's all I need in a social space.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Daric posted:

On Xbox and PS4 you can’t do that. If you go into the menu when the primeval spawns it’ll be dead before you finish loading.

:golfclap:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Masks are garbage because titans can't run skullfort. Make them class items that render on your head, jerks.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Daric posted:

Not that you should have to spend a hundred bucks to compensate for poo poo code, but running Destiny off an SSD makes a pretty big difference. Menus render much faster and load times are noticeably quicker.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Bungie release the Gritty armor reskin

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

:negative:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm up to one dozen exotics, all of which are Y1 hell yeah

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I have gotten 3 Cerberus+1s and 3 Black Talons lmao

The exotic situation is such rear end

Exotics are cool and powerful again, so:

1) make some with a hard but guaranteed path to acquisition (see worm, whisper of the and Malfeasance, but pretend the rng starts were removed)

2) make the remainder easy to get via rng

3) always have duplicate protection (see: Xur)

It's absolutely asinine how bad they are at so much of this poo poo

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

"we want exotic drops to be significant"

"oh boy another crimson, welp gonna infuse that into my tigerspite."

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

xzzy posted:

"we want exotic drops to be significant"

"oh boy another crimson, welp gonna infuse that into my tigerspite."

Why can't we dual wield handcannons, smgs, or sidearms yet

Or those shotguns from Marathon Durandal

hippieman
May 8, 2004

Butcher of Song

RBA Starblade posted:

Or those shotguns from Marathon Durandal

Can't animate the reload. Human minds can't comprehend the reload mechanic for them.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Have the ghost transmat ammo into the gun, boom done bungie hire me.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

hippieman posted:

Can't animate the reload. Human minds can't comprehend the reload mechanic for them.

I can't conceive of where all the clips I'm reloading with now are coming from, fam

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Has something happened with the matchmaking in comp in the last week? I got up to 1720 or so, and sense then I've been going almost straight down to like 1100. I'm getting a bunch of matches vs. stacks, while I have players on my team that are 30 light or something. Also constantly getting afk players.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I've got all the things I've been chasing for the most part thanks to this:

Just need to hit 600 and get the gimmick armor rolls I've been wanting and I'm good.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

cvnvcnv posted:

Weren't we supposed to get a care package with consumables and a couple Exotic emotes? Is it not now? Do I have to go to The Farm?

Yes, and not sure when

My guess is the 30th or whatever the next fix update is

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

right in last week’s twab christ almighty posted:

Thank you for playing, and thank you for being the first to experience what we’ve created. This package is currently slated to be delivered to Veterans in early December. When the new Guardians arrive, please join us in extending to them the welcome that has made this community so notorious as an awesome group of people.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
Wardcliff Coil catalyst from a strike. I forgot that could even happen.

Perk is enhanced tracking. ahahahaha

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Last week's TWAB was a clusterfuck, no wonder we missed it in there.

I'm ready for the fusion buff at the end of the month

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Mikey-San posted:

Wardcliff Coil catalyst from a strike. I forgot that could even happen.

Perk is enhanced tracking. ahahahaha

It's no joke. In pvp poo poo turns corners, goes through doorways, and kills dudes you didn't even know were there.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

cvnvcnv posted:

It's no joke. In pvp poo poo turns corners, goes through doorways, and kills dudes you didn't even know were there.

sounds like I should get around to completing that thing

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Adventures in me having no idea what's going on in the plot. I started up the first mission of Forsaken. I'm in a cutscene watching some guy die for real I guess I'm not sure how these ghosts are supposed to work. I have not played the first game or the first two add-ons to this game. I'm wearing someone else's face over my face because of the Halloween event. Bungee probably wants me to care about this dying man.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Someone upload the Cayde death scene with their Guardian wearing the screaming Uldren mask ASAP.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I found a vouchsafe with full auto and dragonfly and man, it's hard to justify using another scout rifle now.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Had some shrimp on the barbie at outback last night, someone in AusGoons shoot me a clan invite

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Did you have a properly sized knife?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

xzzy posted:

Did you have a properly sized knife?

There is a knife for you. It is shaped like [knife]

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I knocked out a full reset last night, my second on the season. If I can push to a third by the end of the weekend I should be on pace for the broadsword, right?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

hiddenriverninja posted:

Zero downside here. Run strikes on a Heavyweight day, it shouldn't take long at all.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

RBA Starblade posted:

There is a knife for you. It is shaped like [dingo]

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

hiddenriverninja posted:

WC w/catalyst is probably one of the better power weapons in quick play right now. it does have one significant downside though, you kill yourself with it far less often. :v:

hippieman
May 8, 2004

Butcher of Song

rodbeard posted:

I'm not sure how these ghosts are supposed to work.

That's ok, neither does Bungie.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

rodbeard posted:

Adventures in me having no idea what's going on in the plot. I started up the first mission of Forsaken. I'm in a cutscene watching some guy die for real I guess I'm not sure how these ghosts are supposed to work. I have not played the first game or the first two add-ons to this game. I'm wearing someone else's face over my face because of the Halloween event. Bungee probably wants me to care about this dying man.

Dinklebots hide in your backpack and revive you when you get owned in crucible. You're immortal until someone shoots the dinklebot, which seems to happen a lot, but never to you though the implication is when you gently caress up and get the raid wiped the enemies end up shooting the dinklebots. The other implication is most dinklebots are incredibly stupid and don't hide in the backpack a whole lot.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Maker Of Shoes posted:

it does have one significant downside though, you kill yourself with it far less often. :v:

Thank you, Bungie, in this second year for One Thousand Voices and all the melee adds that run up in front of me while firing. Every death I die is glorious.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
finished my redrix quest last night and literally the first rank up package i get has another one with arrowhead/HCR and MW range :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I’ve had a hilarious time with Riskrunner lately. Purposely running through the vex milk to get lit and then trashing dozens of enemies is amazing. I finished a haunted forest run last night with 160 kills and the closest teammate to me had 80.