Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Fabricated posted:

have it revealed that a faction of some sort engineered the petrifying light so they could be god kings of the remains of the world

Personally I like to think it was an experiment to advance medical science that just went horribly wrong, but I guess time will tell what it was all about eventually.

Also I love how Tsukasa immediately changed into a less menacing outfit the second he accepted a truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i'll be legit disappointed if they never explain the light, that's too buck wild of a thing to be 'and then some bullshit' in a science-based manga

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Patware posted:

i'll be legit disappointed if they never explain the light, that's too buck wild of a thing to be 'and then some bullshit' in a science-based manga

The science they reference is real though. Trying to pull a Star Wars Prequels level "midichlorians" to explain it would probably end up being less satisfying.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
unless another enemy shows up, the next step would be going on a world tour to find the source of the light. that's a lot of prep work and danger.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Chapter 79

It was pretty expected but I wonder where the story will go from here. Search for more miracle water?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

RatHat posted:

Chapter 79

It was pretty expected but I wonder where the story will go from here. Search for more miracle water?

Yes, it was clear Tsukasa was too strong for the story.
Well I didn't expect the girl prisoner to join him for it.

Pretty menacing art for Hyouga's strike.

This was a good chapter.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
there is really no reason he couldnt' have just swatted that aside

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Joseance posted:

Panic. And the fact that Hyoga is fast with his spear.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Joseance posted:

Yeah, maybe, but do you really think he would have taken even the slightest risk in that moment?

Inagaki did a great job of building up Hyouga as a true scumbag up to this point. It was predictable as soon as Hyouga told Mirai where to go, but it still hurt to watch. Boichi also did a good bait and switch. Shishio fell towards water, which in the Language of Shonen meant an "apparent death followed by a dramatic reappearance later," but then Senku saved him, inadvertantly dooming him to True Shonen Death in his once-rival-now-friend's arms.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

incredibly predictable but it kinda needed to happen and it was still pretty effective anyway imo

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
CURSE your sudden but inevitable betrayal! :argh:

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Joseance posted:

His spear is also kinda weird, it's been pointed out before that because of the design it doesn't function like a regular spear.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Mikl posted:

CURSE your sudden but inevitable betrayal! :argh:

Yeah, that's a good summary of this chapter really

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Mulderman posted:

His spear is also kinda weird, it's been pointed out before that because of the design it doesn't function like a regular spear.
I forget the exact type of spear but it's one where you kinda wobble/rotate it with a handguard that's wrapped around the body of the spear which makes the tip wobble/rotate as it goes towards its target. It's supposed to be extremely hard to block or deflect.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Chapter 80

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

hell yeah

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

That was badass, and part of me is hoping for a shonen recovery, but more of me thinks we're heading right for a Gurren Lagann Episode 8.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

kinda expected tsukasa to defend senku here but now I'm not sure whether he's gonna survive or not. thought he was just dead but now it feels like he'll live through this

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Tsukasa made a shonen promise. He's living.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
He'll live because science will save him.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The next arc will be trying to figure out what statue is a trauma surgeon so they can use the last of the revival fluid on them.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

MAN

WHAT A GOOD COMIC, THOUGH

The art on Hyouga being a scaryboy was phenomenal

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Patware posted:

MAN

WHAT A GOOD COMIC, THOUGH

The art on Hyouga being a scaryboy was phenomenal

Yes.

Maybe senku can preserve Tsukasa's head in a jar.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Well this was an exciting time to catch up on 6 or so chapters!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Man this manga can be so good.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

holy loving poo poo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
That owned

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I think the interesting question isn't "Will Tsukasa Live?" but "Will HYOUGA live?" Assuming they don't play this as a death blow, which I doubt, I think Senku is too much of a softy to actually put the guy down no matter what his crimes. Tsukasa, admittedly, probably has no such qualms, but if he pulls through this he'll defer to Senku.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Holy poo poo that last page!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I kinda doubt those manganese batteries could deliver that kind of shock.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Fabricated posted:

He would have needed tens of thousands of them and insulate them really well.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
This chapter was basically the :science: emote. :allears:

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

Fabricated posted:

If somebody pulls a taser out when you least expect it, doesn't matter how strong it actually is, your mind would make you believe it's going to HURT.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Why wasn't it 10 billion volt?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Rodyle posted:

I think the interesting question isn't "Will Tsukasa Live?" but "Will HYOUGA live?" Assuming they don't play this as a death blow, which I doubt, I think Senku is too much of a softy to actually put the guy down no matter what his crimes. Tsukasa, admittedly, probably has no such qualms, but if he pulls through this he'll defer to Senku.

there's zero chance they're gonna kill anyone

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Can Of Worms posted:

This chapter was basically the :science: emote. :allears:
I've made a more appropriate emote.
:wth:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Can Of Worms posted:

Ten billion points.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
I love that Hyouga is such a badass he just casually deflects the fire/explosion like it's nothing, which also led to his undoing because instead of thinking 'hey, where did that explosion come from', he went 'only an explosion?'

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

there's zero chance they're gonna kill anyone
Senkuu doesn't believe in killing no.

Can Of Worms posted:

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

https://twitter.com/pkjd818/status/1060350997631909888?s=19

Lots of people expect an anime announcement. I'd like that too. Make it the science anime of 2019.