Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.
Astrologians should be able to shuffle everyone's positions.

Also, Tera had a healer that would drop healing orbs on the ground, and party members could pick them up when they needed healing, so new healing should be like that. I probably won't use them to bait people into an oncoming aoe.

Also, you should have to get Eos's attention in order to get healed by emoting /me at her, otherwise she just gets distracted and amuses herself with fireworks all fight. If healers are expected to dps, it's only fair that freeloading dps should be actively involved in healing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

AngusPodgorny posted:

Astrologians should be able to shuffle everyone's positions.

Earthly Star should pull everyone in and not let anyone leave because you pieces of poo poo just walk out of it right as pops and then cry that you don't get healed and I literally cannot save you oinking swine from your hog sensibilities.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Give tanks a pull all enemies to your position. Also don't give it a range limit. Give true meaning to the wall pull.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Earthly Star should pull everyone in and not let anyone leave because you pieces of poo poo just walk out of it right as pops and then cry that you don't get healed and I literally cannot save you oinking swine from your hog sensibilities.

Place it on my leylines

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Relax Or DIE posted:

Place it on my leylines

Stop placing them maximum casting range from the boss!

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Don't go clicking this if you've not done Alphascape v4.0 yet; One of the upsides of wiping in a bad O12N party.

Good time to take a picture as any. If only I was alittle closer.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
My weekly 4N ended with one of the people at 45%

We somehow still finished, but I'll never shower again.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Saint Freak posted:

Good thing you got a lifetime's supply of Laser Showers already.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Saint Freak posted:

This has been my last couple O12 runs too. Somehow one group always has like, 30-40% to go so it's a race to see if we can finish the boss before the healers run out of mana.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Jose Valasquez posted:

Can melee get Shirk while we are at it?

Everyone should get shirk. I generate a gently caress ton of aggro as a BLM and it'd be nice to give it to the tank so they can stay in DPS stance rather than dump it with diversion/lucid dreaming.

It'd also be nice to have an AoE shirk for those times where i pull off the mega foul/flare wombo-combo and rip hate from the entire pack and need to give it back to the tank.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
There's like, three useless Role Actions on each job. Replace one of those with good stuff like Shirk!

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

There's like, three useless Role Actions on each job. Replace one of those with good stuff like Shirk!

Hey now, healers only have one useless role action! ...Which was the whole problem, really.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

O10S is such a dickslam of a fight and I barely enjoy it at all

What's weird is that the actual mechanics are, conceptually, pretty simple. Everything just has either an absolutely colossal hitbox or half a second of reaction time, or both. Blehhhhh

Can I go back to wiping on O8S? That was an actually fun fight

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Lucid dreaming is pretty nice. I would love it if Shadewalker, pretty much the dps shirk, had a secondary effect like lucid does.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The worst part about goddamn O10S is it needs positionals. If that dipshit from o6s didn't need positionals, why the gently caress does middy's giant rear end need them.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I think it took my static less total time on O11S to clear it than O10S, and to add insult to injury, the DPS check on O11S feels less harsh to boot. Middy is just not an enjoyable fight even if it is mechanically simpler.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

:supaburn:

I am enjoying this Seasonal Event too much!

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Brainamp posted:

A smug smile better suits a hero.

sound effects on marauder are good so far

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Stop placing them maximum casting range from the boss!

And stack with six goddamned AoE magnets? Never.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

:supaburn:

I am enjoying this Seasonal Event too much!

Ok, how did you get the Nanamo costume? I also saw an Aymeric and a Merlwyb last night in the haunted manor.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
I said O10S is worse than Superman 64 in Discord a few days ago. I regret nothing. :colbert: except for him causing people to burn out left and right I guess.

I'm glad Midgardsormr's dead, or at least semi-permanently written out of the plot.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

What top is that? I recognize the pants but not the chestpiece.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
I wouldn't mind fighting Middy as much if it didn't feel like it took 15 minutes to get back to The Mechanic Your Party Is Wiping On every single pull. Just feels like the fight has so much downtime between mechanics.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Prism posted:

What top is that? I recognize the pants but not the chestpiece.

It's the Hannish Wool Autumn Shirt.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

small bird pudding posted:

Ok, how did you get the Nanamo costume? I also saw an Aymeric and a Merlwyb last night in the haunted manor.

The seasonal event has NPC glamours you can get from the Unsavory Imp after you finish the quests in the Haunted Manor. You can get back there by talking to the Guiser NPC in Mhi Khetto's.

- ARR: Nanamo, Raubahn, Merlwyb, Kan-E-Senna
- HW: Aymeric, Krile
- SB: Lyse, Yugiri, Hien, Cirina, Magnai, Sadu

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I find that "don't look at boss when they cast X" mechanics almost always get me the first couple times I encounter them from a boss. The boss's casting bar just isn't something I normally look at unless I know beforehand that I need to.

Also, I just realized yesterday that you can refresh Huton indefinitely with Armor Crush; for some reason I was previously under the mistaken impression that you could only refresh it once. Realizing this made things a lot easier, since it's very easy to prevent any Huton downtime this way (as opposed to relying on the jutsu cooldown).

edit: I just met Sadu and her tribe in the MSQ. They're interesting and I wonder if their rebirth thing is actually true.

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

I got a house upgrade! I went from a Shirogane Small to a Goblet Medium. After decorating Elentor's house, mine was starting to feel a little cramped, so I'm excited for the extra space.

Nietzsche
Mar 13, 2001

f*ck is this newbie avatar

Ytlaya posted:

I find that "don't look at boss when they cast X" mechanics almost always get me the first couple times I encounter them from a boss. The boss's casting bar just isn't something I normally look at unless I know beforehand that I need to.

The marker that appears on the boss when there's a look-away mechanic (big purple/red ovoid eye, I think) is usually enough for me, but even then it can be picky - sometimes I thought I've looked away but I've just rotated the camera, etc. Reddit seems to think that being in the mob's hitbox when the ability triggers will also make it hit you regardless of where you're facing, but I can't say I've ever paid attention to whether that's true.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I know it's unsporting to pick on sprouts, but this BRD I had in Haukke normal just now can't possibly have thought he was playing his job correctly:

47% Straight Shot :barf:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Arist posted:

I know it's unsporting to pick on sprouts, but this BRD I had in Haukke normal just now can't possibly have thought he was playing his job correctly:

Oh no baby what is you doing. :ohdear:

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I find it funny how bad people can be. I've must have had poo poo SAM's my whole time leveling my RDM because I kinda poo poo on most stuff when AOEing, since it just like, scatter and moulinette. so I've had sams pulling like 1/3 or 1/2 of my aoe DPS. and just now I must have got a competent one in Bardam's because holy hell he poo poo all over stuff, both AOE and single target.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
When I was a brand new baby dragoon in 2.1 I thought the "flank bonus: +15% damage for 18 seconds" or whatever it was was just telling me that hitting from the flank was 15% stronger (in addition to the listed potency buff? I dunno). I didn't have a plausible explanation for what the duration meant

Basically it's not hard at all to be a dumbass about what your buttons even do and while there's no helping people who just don't care, I assume there's plenty of people who do care a reasonable amount and legitimately think they're doing well. There should be a class tutorial mode for those people.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

queeb posted:

I find it funny how bad people can be. I've must have had poo poo SAM's my whole time leveling my RDM because I kinda poo poo on most stuff when AOEing, since it just like, scatter and moulinette. so I've had sams pulling like 1/3 or 1/2 of my aoe DPS. and just now I must have got a competent one in Bardam's because holy hell he poo poo all over stuff, both AOE and single target.

TBH sometimes I just don't feel like AoEing as SAM. It can be effective especially with Guren, but some dungeons have unfun mobs for it (lots of Arboretum hard, some of FC hard, etc). RDM AoE is super easy and effective in most situations.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

that's a lol

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Arist posted:

Oh my loving god how do you do this. HOW DO YOU loving DO THIS. I need to rethink playing bard, I stare at it, how simple it is to pick up only to think why.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

THAT'S MY PURSE! I DON'T KNOW YOU! (| Dragon Kick |)

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis

Arist posted:

It almost looks like they were stuck in 70 mode to fish Refulgents, except you don't have it. But probably bad instead of aforementioned proc fishing.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

GuyUpNorth posted:

It almost looks like they were stuck in 70 mode to fish Refulgents, except you don't have it. But probably bad instead of aforementioned proc fishing.

Refulgent uses a Straighter Shot proc to activate...which only procs off Heavy Shot. This is the equivalent of a MCH spamming Hot Shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

queeb posted:

Sam AoE absolutely shreds and I get mad at every single sam I see doing a mediocre single target rotation on one monster in a pack of six. It's killer on TP but, like usual, if you run out of TP and things are still alive it's usually because the rest of the party aren't doing their jobs.