Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

There recently was a new patch for Wolfenstein 2 on Switch and I’m kinda blown away how much it improves things. More stable framerate and better textures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Weedle posted:

Pro tip: visit the horned statue near Hateno Village, switch all your orbs over to hearts, get the sword, go back and switch them back over to stamina.

I can't find this statue for the life of me.

SeANMcBAY posted:

There recently was a new patch for Wolfenstein 2 on Switch and I’m kinda blown away how much it improves things. More stable framerate and better textures.

Digital Foundry should look into it again.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

punk rebel ecks posted:

I can't find this statue for the life of me.

Talk to one of the kids running around and he'll lead you straight there.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm playing Dark Souls... on the bus. The dream is real

:qq:

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Folt The Bolt posted:

I can finally play Warriors Orochi 4 in English. So far, I'm just in the earlygame. At least I have Tamamo to play with.

Are you playing on Switch? How's it hold up? I asked earlier and only got one reply with an "apparently it runs bad", I am keen on first hand testimony

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
dark souls works good as heck but goddamn is it annoying that you cant swap the cancel/confirm buttons. you can swap them for gameplay so that A is action prompt and B is roll/sprint/jump, but you cant remap for menus. what monster decided that A is cancel and B is accept o_O

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
Are the sound issues of the switch dark souls exaggerated or is it really that bad?

Speaking as a non soundphile.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
here is my bad opinion on the bad (or sick!) switch online service: its bad and the only good game on offer is mario 3. where is the godang gamecube vc!!!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

my new dog posted:

dark souls works good as heck but goddamn is it annoying that you cant swap the cancel/confirm buttons. you can swap them for gameplay so that A is action prompt and B is roll/sprint/jump, but you cant remap for menus. what monster decided that A is cancel and B is accept o_O

They want you to aggro all the merchants by accident

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Just got VVVVVV. I've played it several times already but at 5e, it's well worth it. Realized it was also on my 3DS, probably would've gotten it there but for twice as much... One day my Switch will be more portable but not just yet.

I really need to finish Octopath, so I can trade that in for Dark Souls. Gotta pick up Hyper Light one of these, and Okami.

Starlink sounds like something I'd really be into. But it seems WAY overpriced. Some of you have been talking about the deluxe edition and that comes up to 100e. No way I'd put down that much for a game. The DLC is just a ship and a pilot and a handful of weapons right? I can see maybe picking one DLC up at most but even at 15e each it seems like they're asking a lot. Definitely waiting for a sale on it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Starlink is just too much poo poo I like all in one go, I got the Switch package with the Arwing and also the Neptune box because I liked the look of it. Is there a dedicated thread yet?

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
It seems like Starlink would be an easy game to pick up used with some figurines if you can wait till next year and aren't a sperg about having pristine toys.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

my new dog posted:

That's how it works on the other consoles, they just forgot to swap it round for Nintendo.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Meallan posted:

Are the sound issues of the switch dark souls exaggerated or is it really that bad?

Speaking as a non soundphile.

They're bad but less noticeable in handheld than docked.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

If I buy the standard digital version of Starlink, and decide to buy some physical space ships at a later date, will that work?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

my new dog posted:

The Dark Souls of UI

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sakurazuka posted:

It's literally written by the guy who made Persona 1 & 2 so sure

I knew it!

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

MZ posted:

That's how it works on the other consoles, they just forgot to swap it round for Nintendo.

yea for some reason i dont mind this when playing bloodborne or ds3, where the button positions would the same as the switch default. O to cancel, X to confirm. I just expect A to be "yes" on switch even if its in the same place as O on a dualshock

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

DARK SOULS! I went to bed early hyped for it. Woke up early to get my morning routine out of the way. I have a light day at work so lunch is going to be all DARK SOULS!

I left my Switch at home.

I left it. No Dark Souls :qq:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

a7m2 posted:

If I buy the standard digital version of Starlink, and decide to buy some physical space ships at a later date, will that work?

Yeah, but I think you'd need to buy one of the controller grips in order to scan the parts in. You have to do that once a week if playing digitally.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

DARK SOULS! I went to bed early hyped for it. Woke up early to get my morning routine out of the way. I have a light day at work so lunch is going to be all DARK SOULS!

I left my Switch at home.

I left it. No Dark Souls :qq:

I finally worked up the courage to bring a video game to work (surprise no one cares) and I don't think I'd ever forget it in the morning because it's literally all I have to look forward to for the next 8 hours.

Hi. Im Leeroy
Oct 8, 2008

a7m2 posted:

You also have to get a starlink grip to "read" the ships. If that is available to purchase, for sure you wil be able to use the physical ships. If not...

Edit: beaten :(

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lemming posted:

They want you to aggro all the merchants by accident

That wouldn't matter beccause attacks are on the shoulder buttons

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oh dang. The Solaire Amiibo finally shipped.
I don't even have Dark Souls and I don't give a gently caress.

He's my beautiful, perfect son.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

I don't even have Dark Souls

Mods???!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

As someone who's never played any Dark Souls games, where would I start? Do the older one's hold up well or should I jump into the most recent?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Honestly the main series play very similarly so you might as well start with the first.

Though I've only put like 3-4 hours into the series as a whole. It's just not for me.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

RCarr posted:

As someone who's never played any Dark Souls games, where would I start? Do the older one's hold up well or should I jump into the most recent?

Start with this one. I set the over/under on your first death at 2 minutes.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RCarr posted:

As an overall package Dark Souls 1 is probably the best. You could also hop in at Bloodborne, but its a lot faster paced and doesnt allow the safe turtling to get your bearings Dark Souls 1 does. Be aware the second half of the game declines in quality before going out incredibly high.

The others; Demon Souls, Dark Souls 2, and Dark Souls 3 basically all get measured against Dark Souls 1 for various reasons and have their quirks and drawbacks in the mechanics department and level design.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

mdemone posted:

Start with this one. I set the over/under on your first death at 2 minutes.

Over, Dark Souls is tough, but odds are pretty good he'll just go poking around in some odd corners at the start and that'll take more than 2 minutes probably :colbert:

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Oct 19, 2018

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RCarr posted:

First one remastered for sure, a lot of the stuff in later games is direct callbacks to 1

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

THE loving MOON posted:

Over, Dark Souls is tough, but odds are pretty good he'll just go poling around in some odd corners at the start and that'll take more than 2 minutes probably :colbert:

Oh yeah I just remembered what the very first scene is. Goddamn I cannot wait to get home.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

DS3 is the best. DS is the best map.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

RCarr posted:

Dark souls. Maybe demon souls if you have a ps3.

Dont be scared to ask questions or read a "before I play" the messages in the game mean its explicitly a community puzzle of a game (and story)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

Dark souls. Maybe demon souls if you have a ps3.

Dont be scared to ask questions or read a "before I play" the messages in the game mean its explicitly a community puzzle of a game (and story)

He's going to get advice whether he asks for it or not

It's dark souls after all

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Relevant Tangent posted:

DS3 is the best. DS is the best map.

Eh, Dark Souls 3 is great for a couple playthroughs, but compared against all the neat shenanigans you can get up to with powerstancing and whatnot there's just not as much replay value. Dark Souls 2 is the best at that I think. Easily the worst map though, they made hardly any effort at all to connect the world and it just feels like a series of levels.

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

RCarr posted:

Nobody can agree on what the best one is and everybody is very adamant about their choice.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

sethsez posted:

Nobody can agree on what the best one is and everybody is very adamant about their choice.

My choice is better than yours

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its Kings Field 3 you dumb fuckers!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I still can't bring myself to play through Dark Souls 3 again quite yet, but I loved Farron's Greatsword and wish it was in all the other games too