Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flooger
Dec 26, 2004

WampaLord posted:

He's trying to sell you more tickets.

Lol like I would pay to see that shitshow again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Gatts posted:

Rodgers is deffo 110% 1st down getting driving to TD Football Machine. He makes it look easy.

Has GB ever had a dominant Defense like Rodgers has a dominant offense?

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Gatts posted:

Rodgers is deffo 110% 1st down getting driving to TD Football Machine. He makes it look easy.

Has GB ever had a dominant Defense like Rodgers has a dominant offense?

They were 2nd in the league in 2010 when they won the Superbowl. Somehow that defense fell apart real quick after that though.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
danica patrick? a little too on nose. only person in the world that DNFs out of events more than him.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

They were 2nd in the league in 2010 when they won the Superbowl. Somehow that defense fell apart real quick after that though.

I think all the pieces that year came together for Capers, and he tried sticking all the new pieces after into his scheme despite not fitting.

That, or Kaep broke him so badly that it tilted him off the planet.

Blatzmobile
Nov 1, 2012

This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

it was all downhill after losing Nick Collins.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

A game so bad you get fired on a Friday.

McCoy out.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Kalli posted:

McCoy out.

Good, it'd be a shame for Rosen to have to work with that dogshit offense constantly running David Johnson up the gut

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Good, it'd be a shame for Rosen to have to work with that dogshit offense constantly running David Johnson up the gut

Time to start the Byron era!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

https://mobile.twitter.com/DannyBKe...00%2Fframe.html

Also that's not first in percentage, first in # of attempts up the middle.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'm pretty sure loving Jerome Bettis ran up the A gap less then that.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

McCoy out.

lmao

It's hard to believe this team won the division 3 years ago and made it to the NFCCG. They're just such utter trash now.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That's gotta be close to a record for a coach/coordinator. Fired 3 times in 2 calendar years (Jan 1 and Nov 20 2017, Oct 19 2018)

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
MIKE MCCOY IS GONE WE MAY WIN TWO GAMES THIS YEAR!!!!

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

That's gotta be close to a record for a coach/coordinator. Fired 3 times in 2 calendar years (Jan 1 and Nov 20 2017, Oct 19 2018)

To be fair, that means the Cardinals figured out faster than the Broncos or Chargers ever did that he was bad.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

born on a buy you posted:

Total or two more?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I didn't pay much attention to the cardinals but was surprised in the preseason / training camp when everyone was ragging on them when on paper... they had one of the best RB's in football, a capable looking receiver group, fine veteran journeyman QB with a top rookie behind him, and a defense with an all pro and some okay other pieces on it... and a trash offensive line, but still, that should just be mediocre, not worst team in the NFL contenders.

Eesh

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Thaddius the Large posted:

Total or two more?

At this point I'll take total honestly. This is the worst god drat football I've ever watched.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DannyBKe...00%2Fframe.html

Also that's not first in percentage, first in # of attempts up the middle.

I can't find it now but someone overlaid all of David Johnson's NextGen Stats charts of his runs and it looked like some hosed up tangle of ropes in the middle. It was gnarly how they used him.

Then when they were down 4 scores they started using him properly :laffo:

Edit:

found it
https://twitter.com/JamesDKoh/status/1053029418552090624

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

I didn't pay much attention to the cardinals but was surprised in the preseason / training camp when everyone was ragging on them when on paper... they had one of the best RB's in football, a capable looking receiver group, fine veteran journeyman QB with a top rookie behind him, and a defense with an all pro and some okay other pieces on it... and a trash offensive line, but still, that should just be mediocre, not worst team in the NFL contenders.

Eesh

Yeah, same. I was pretty surprised to see them with (IIRC) the worst Vegas odds of any team to win the SB, way below even the likes of the Browns and Bills. Apparently the bookies knew what was up, as usual.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Wilks coming in, looking at a defense that has been good for a literal decade running the same scheme, and being the defensive genius he is saying "I should definitely change from base 3-4 to 4-3 and more or less always playing zone that's what will kick this defense from really good to elite" hasn't helped.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

At this point I'll take total honestly. This is the worst god drat football I've ever watched.

Not to rub it in, but at least it’s entertainingly horrific? By the end of the game last budget I was laughing in a way I haven’t since the butt fumble, nothing so condensed into a single moment as the butt fumble, but that much misery stretched out over 60 minutes

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Well, you still have the Raiders on your schedule, soooooo....

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Docjowles posted:

lmao

It's hard to believe this team won the division 3 years ago and made it to the NFCCG. They're just such utter trash now.

Even at the time I refused to believe that was anything but an anomaly. Cardinals good now? No, Cardinals never good what is everyone talking about. Then they went to the championship and I was like, I don't know how to process this apparent new reality in which the Cardinals are good. At least I didn't have to worry about it too long.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Chris James 2 posted:

Wonder what dumb team is gonna look at this resume next year and decide he needs another shot

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Kalli posted:

Eesh

Sam Bradford is also really bad, not a "fine veteran journeyman"

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://mobile.twitter.com/NFLMatchup/status/1053270727447711745

Lordy

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Master Stur posted:

Wonder what dumb team is gonna look at this resume next year and decide he needs another shot

I feel like you eventually run out of chances. Of course while I say this I simultaneously think this is at least slightly unfair:

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Sam Bradford is also really bad, not a "fine veteran journeyman"

...because he had a small amount of success when healthy the last couple of years before this one and maybe the coaching made it impossible for anyone outside of someone like Peyton who was good enough to ignore the OC and call their own plays to succeed.

But both can probably be true at the same time.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Sam Bradford has reached his expiration date. He washed.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Yeah, Sam Bradford was actually pretty good with the Vikings and not awful with the Eagles. He's not the kind of QB that can elevate a team, but in a decent system he's more than capable of moving the ball consistently.

e:

Cash Monet posted:

Sam Bradford has reached his expiration date. He washed.

This is probably true though and in any case lol at paying money for 'never actually started an entire 16 game season in a nine season career' Bradford

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Sam Bradford has made over $120m in his career, not including this season. Hats off to the man for convincing people he's worth that much.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Bradford I think would've been fine if he would've been able to stay in an offensive system for most of his career. He was alright his rookie year when Shurmur coached him and he had some success running Norv's offense briefly in Minnesota, but he's gone through probably as many OCs as Alex Smith did early in his career. His injury issues didn't help anything either. Overall, I think he's a dude that mostly just had incredibly lovely luck on the field, so I don't begrudge him for getting paid when he could.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Durandal1707 posted:

Bradford I think would've been fine if he would've been able to stay in an offensive system for most of his career. He was alright his rookie year when Shurmur coached him and he had some success running Norv's offense briefly in Minnesota, but he's gone through probably as many OCs as Alex Smith did early in his career. His injury issues didn't help anything either. Overall, I think he's a dude that mostly just had incredibly lovely luck on the field, so I don't begrudge him for getting paid when he could.

Health is a skill. He tore his knee up in college too.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Spoeank posted:

I can't find it now but someone overlaid all of David Johnson's NextGen Stats charts of his runs and it looked like some hosed up tangle of ropes in the middle. It was gnarly how they used him.

Then when they were down 4 scores they started using him properly :laffo:

Edit:

found it
https://twitter.com/JamesDKoh/status/1053029418552090624

Look at those outside runs

Melvin Gordon is good

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

a neat cape posted:

Melvin Gordon is good
What an amazing world we live in.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

a neat cape posted:

Look at those outside runs

Melvin Gordon is good

I thought you hated Melvin Gordon

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

He didn't understand that McCoy was loving him up.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Now that Ross is on board with Gordon, how soon before he suffers a gruesome injury?

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

Now that Ross is on board with Gordon, how soon before he suffers a gruesome injury?

Yes.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000975918/article/melvin-gordon-hamstring-limited-in-practice-friday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Fat Jesus posted:

this all started with me asking if they were stuck with Gruden for 10 years?

Yes and then I asked someone to let me know every time the end of Gruden's reign became fractionally closer. And the rest, as they say, is internet history :smug: we're famous bro I'm starting a youtube channel as "the man who inspired isgrudengoneyet.com"

sean10mm posted:

Theoretically the offensive coaching got better on the Titans, but everything else on offense is a tire fire. Their receiver corps is dire, their one good TE is dead, the running backs barely break 3 YPC and the OL has backslid massively.

That doesn't mean Mariota is a secret superstar, but the Titans are in such bad shape as a whole on offense that I dunno how you'd even tell either way.

I don't know, even with adjusting to new head coaches and new offensive schemes, you don't see the progression that you would hope for from Mariota. The only year he ever really played well was when Mularkey created a spread/college style offense for him. He hasn't been able to adjust to a pro offense at all. I know he's been injured since the start this season, and also that the offense as a whole is a lovely. I'm a big Mariota fan overall but I'm starting to have some serious doubts that he should be the guy there going forward.

yes, stick the lips together just like that. for the cameras. i have seen this on tv. this is what happens between man and woman

• Locked thread