Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Avengers: Infinity Finale seems like the most logical choice to me (assuming they'd stick to titles from the comics).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Soul Glo posted:

it reportedly takes place like five years after iw, how long you want them to be mopey?

No just this but she dyed her hair when she was on the run. Now that she's no longer on the run, there's no reason to keep the hair blonde.

Even if the timeline is months instead of years the above holds true.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Davros1 posted:

I'm glad that despite half the universe, and some of their closest friends being wiped out Black Widow still found time to get her hair dyed

I could be, and probably am, wrong...but I thought in the comics and movies her hair was naturally red and she dyed it because they were on the run and she was in hiding?

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
I really like Avengers: The Last Avenger. But the writer in me baulks at having the same word twice in a four word sentence.

Got it. 'Captain America: The Last Avenger'

Steve ends the film last man standing, recreating that scene from the comics where he calls Thanos out on his poo poo. And then he sacrifices himself to bring everyone else back.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Whoa, Disney just pulled their July 2020 Marvel release from the schedule. Guess that GotG3 production delay is more indefinite than I’d thought.

https://apple.news/A3eXUc4kBSuS5wBMNegVTQQ

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Barry Convex posted:

Whoa, Disney just pulled their July 2020 Marvel release from the schedule. Guess that GotG3 production delay is more indefinite than I’d thought.

They genuinely have no idea what to do, moving forward. They were counting on Gunn being the at center of their next phase of movies, and now they have nothing.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Jamesman posted:

They genuinely have no idea what to do, moving forward. They were counting on Gunn being the at center of their next phase of movies, and now they have nothing.

Yes I’m sure Feige has “genuinely no idea what to do moving forward.” That makes a lot of sense.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They delayed one movie that's been on hold for like 3 months without a director by a year. It's not exactly the WB shuffle here.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Jamesman posted:

Remember when Joss Whedon was going to be at the center of plotting out phase 2?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Wheat Loaf posted:

On the contrary, give people more marijuana because if you keep people stoned and happy and they'll be too mellow to revolt.

Also, this is a pretty weird premise for a superhero movie but it might be inventive.

Oops I totally meant to post that in the CanPol thread.

I don't believe any of those leaks, anyone with enough skill can create some static art work based on well established characters.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Im sure disney is trying to throw buckets of money at the russos to stay as we speak, and ill even go as far as speculating that after the success of bp they're courting coogler for a top spot

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jamesman posted:

I'm sure Ron Howard is probably available.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

site posted:

Im sure disney is trying to throw buckets of money at the russos to stay as we speak, and ill even go as far as speculating that after the success of bp they're courting coogler for a top spot

I’d be extremely down for this, but at the same time I wouldn’t want a director of his caliber stuck spending the next 5-10 years of his life busy with MCU productions.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Jamesman posted:

Even if GotG were somehow the center of the next phase, they're going to get pretty far on sequels for BP, Spider-Man, and Dr. Strange to a lesser extent. Something tells me they have some idea of what to do.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

SonicRulez posted:

Even if GotG were somehow the center of the next phase, they're going to get pretty far on sequels for BP, Spider-Man, and Dr. Strange to a lesser extent. Something tells me they have some idea of what to do.
The supposed films coming out post-Avengers 4 are-

-Spiderman Far from Home (confirmed)
-Black Panther 2
-Black Widow
-Dr Strange 2
-Eternals

There are almost certainly more in production but Marvel Studios is deliberately keeping a lid on that until next year’s Comic Con so i would not start freaking out yet.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Unless captain marvel somehow ends up being hilariously bad, i think cm2 is a safe slot-in

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

site posted:

They've already confirmed Coogler is doing Black Panther 2.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
No I mean as like an "architect" or whatever you wanna call it for the whole thing that gunn was supposed to be doing

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Remember how Paramount was so confident that Transformers: The Last Knight would let them spin off a Transformers Shared Extended Cinematic Movie Universe that they assembled a writer's room headed by (drumroll) Akiva Goldsman? And then it was disbanded within about a month of the movie coming out? Or how Alex Kurtzman and Bob Orci were going to be the "showrunners" for the Dark Universe and then they quit before the end of last year? (I believe Kurtzman is now in charge of everything Star Trek for CBS or whoever it is makes Star Trek these days.)

I have to say, of all the trends the MCU brought in, the whole drive towards constructing these "shared movie universes" is the one I will miss the least when it's finally done.

Haha, the Dark Universe.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wheat Loaf posted:

Remember how Paramount was so confident that Transformers: The Last Knight would let them spin off a Transformers Shared Extended Cinematic Movie Universe that they assembled a writer's room headed by (drumroll) Akiva Goldsman? And then it was disbanded within about a month of the movie coming out? Or how Alex Kurtzman and Bob Orci were going to be the "showrunners" for the Dark Universe and then they quit before the end of last year? (I believe Kurtzman is now in charge of everything Star Trek for CBS or whoever it is makes Star Trek these days.)

I have to say, of all the trends the MCU brought in, the whole drive towards constructing these "shared movie universes" is the one I will miss the least when it's finally done.

Haha, the Dark Universe.

I think the MCU is successful mainly because they have not hired shithead idiots Akiva Goldsmith, Alex Kurtzman, or Bob Orci. Every franchise they touch turns to poo poo and it's patently obvious fans, especially the nerd media they try to cater to, hate them, so why the gently caress do they keep getting hired everywhere?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I liked the movie The Mummy wanted to be and was baffled by what we ended getting.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Al Borland Corpse posted:

I think the MCU is successful mainly because they have not hired shithead idiots Akiva Goldsmith, Alex Kurtzman, or Bob Orci. Every franchise they touch turns to poo poo and it's patently obvious fans, especially the nerd media they try to cater to, hate them, so why the gently caress do they keep getting hired everywhere?

Honestly, it's probably because they've managed to stick around forever. Making it in Hollywood is about who you know as much as anything and they're longtime chums with Abrams. They got their start working together on Hercules and Xena in the 90s when they were both in their mid-20s, then instantly got on board with Abrams just as he was breaking out - they wrote a lot of Alias between them then they all co-created Fringe together.

Wheat Loaf fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Oct 19, 2018

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Wheat Loaf posted:

Haha, the Dark Universe.

Not me. The constant failures are endlessly hilarious to me.

Amazing Spider-Man 2's gonna lead to big things, guys!

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Barry Convex posted:

That list also omits the July 30th, 2021 movie. THIS IS IT BOYS! THE MCU IS UNRAVELING BEFORE OUR EYES!

GotG got a lot of screen time in Infinity War. So much so it felt as much a sequel to the Guardians franchise as the Avengers. We've already seen Star Lord get the girl and confront The Big Bad. Avengers 4b: The MCU part 22 will almost certainly resolve that story for us so the real question is do we need a GotG3? Once Thanos is dealt with that kinda takes a lot of narrative oomph out of Gamora, Nebula and Drax. Its not like they all need trilogies.

That still leaves us potentially with:

2019 - Captain Marvel, Spider-Man European Vacation and Avengers IV: The Quest For Peace
2020 - Doctor Strange 2 and Black Widow
2021 - Black Panther 2 and Eternals
2022 - Spider-Man 3, Captain Marvel 2 and New Avengers

Which follows the pattern of the last few years of one new franchise a year amid sequels. 2023 will also give the audience eight years to forget the Fant4stic Flop.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

There have also been rumors of a Nova movie for awhile, but nothing concrete.

I don't expect much to come out until after Avengers 4.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Well, the Fox deal happened a lot faster than anyone figured, I believe. Right at the start of 2019 they'll have all the rights, so I figure this is gonna cause a bit of reshuffling.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

site posted:

No I mean as like an "architect" or whatever you wanna call it for the whole thing that gunn was supposed to be doing

If the Russo's won't take it, I vote for Coogler.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

Well, the Fox deal happened a lot faster than anyone figured, I believe. Right at the start of 2019 they'll have all the rights, so I figure this is gonna cause a bit of reshuffling.
Maybe, but Feige in his last interview acted like they still don’t expect to incorporate the Fox Marvel stuff for awhile

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

RIP The Dark Universe :(

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

RIP The Dark Universe :(
Lasted for one whole movie

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

FlamingLiberal posted:

Oh, come on, be fair.

It died about halfway through that movie.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

Two movies and one reboot. Dracula Untold was going to be incorporated somehow.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gavok posted:

Not me. The constant failures are endlessly hilarious to me.

Amazing Spider-Man 2's gonna lead to big things, guys!

Felicity Jones is in ASM2. I hadn't even noticed until I caught a YT video last night.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah she played Black Cat. She's in there for all of about a minute or two.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

AngryBooch posted:

Two movies and one reboot. Dracula Untold was going to be incorporated somehow.
That thing was made years before they even came up with the Dark Universe poo poo, they were lying

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

FlamingLiberal posted:

That thing was made years before they even came up with the Dark Universe poo poo, they were lying

It was the Incredible Hulk of the DU.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

FlamingLiberal posted:

Both Dracula Untold and The Mummy were attempts to make a cinematic universe, both failed.

I also thought I Frankenstein was an attempt too, or or was some kind of tie in of the Underworld movies but I havn't found any evidence of this and I am not sure where I got that idea. They do share a number of producers.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Oct 20, 2018

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah she played Black Cat. She's in there for all of about a minute or two.

Shaleine Woodley played Mary Jane in ASM2 too but her whole character ended up on the cutting room floor.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dacap posted:

Shaleine Woodley played Mary Jane in ASM2 too but her whole character ended up on the cutting room floor.

Sweet mercies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Sweet mercies.
All I know about her is that she's an enormous hippie

• Locked thread