Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I can’t find any song with a title that’s some variation of “Awaking III Leaves,” so I’m gonna go ahead and assume Araki just picked a word with “king” in it then put the English translation of her name.

We dug around a bit for a song tie in to no avail so yeah I think it really is just to work around "king"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mario is Luigi

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's been a rough year for Luigi.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

where does this week's ep leave off at

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Johnny Joestar posted:

where does this week's ep leave off at

polpo emerging from his larval bed form

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

To be continued

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Uhhh that would mean they didn't even cover a whole chapter?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

yeah actually they will posted:

can't wait to see the animated black sabbath fight aka the one where echoes act 3 says muthaphukkin beeyatch

not yet... next week

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Thats where i was expecting the episode to end.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
that was about 3.6~3.7 chapters which seems a little slow but not too bad

EDIT: polpo takes up two, a third chapter leads up to the lighter getting wet and the last .7 is the dude getting stabbed and black sabbath attacking giorno

dudermcbrohan fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Oct 19, 2018

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Yeah that was more than a chapter

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

dudermcbrohan posted:

that was about 3.6~3.7 chapters which seems a little slow but not too bad

EDIT: polpo takes up two, a third chapter leads up to the lighter getting wet and the last .7 is the dude getting stabbed and black sabbath attacking giorno

The last two episodes were 4 chapters each, so it's not like a big difference.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Weaponized Geometry is now one of my new favorite stands.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Awaking III Leaves seems like another one of those stands where, if you sat and thought about how best to use it for a while, you could do some REALLY ridiculous poo poo.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Only one week left until Polpo eats a delicious banana!!!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

where this week's episode ends makes sense, they can very easily fit in the whole fight and probably the end of polpo next week

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Think we'll see any of the other members of the gang next week? I don't expect the full scene, but a peek at them might be possible depending on how much is between Polpo eating the banana and the table scene, I forget.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

why

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Thread who is your favorite stand design wise? Mine is probably killer queen with king nothing as a very close second

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
mine's probably paisley park, but awaking iii leaves also looks rad.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Tusk Act 4 and Soft & Wet both take the first place, followed by D4C, Paisley Park, Killer Queen, The Hand and Cream in some order

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
It never occurred to me before, but seeing the anime adaption, it feels like Polpo's stand may have been inspired by a combination of the costume from 'Amadeus' and also the Hellraiser cenobites dragging people's souls to hell for tampering with their puzzlebox.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Soft & Wet, The Hand, Sticky Fingers or Silver Chariot.

I guess I like my stands sleek.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I don't think I can pick just one favorite Stand design, there's just too many. Pretty fond of Soft & Wet, Milagro Man, and King Nothing for Part 8.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

in general I like the humanoid stands that look most like sleek robots

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Grapplejack posted:

Thread who is your favorite stand design wise? Mine is probably killer queen with king nothing as a very close second

Catch the Rain

In general, I really prefer SBR's understated and more insubstantial stands.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
In A Silent Way looks super cool and is one of my faves

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I love Stone Free and the stylish as hell shades.

Night Goat
Oct 24, 2009
It's gotta be a direct tie in first between Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap and Soft and Wet for me.

Araki was on some seriously good creative poo poo around the end of 7 & start of 8!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I really like Civil War's looks.

Highway Star, Ratt, and Wheel of Fortune too.

Marilyn Manson owns, I dig the sorta welding goggle look.

Tusk Act 4 with the poncho-looking thing owns owns owns.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I have a lot of Love for Black Sabbath.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Killer Queen
Soft and Wet
King Nothing
Paisley Park

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

Night Goat posted:

It's gotta be a direct tie in first between Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap and Soft and Wet for me.

Araki was on some seriously good creative poo poo around the end of 7 & start of 8!

This man knows his sexy stands.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Tower of Grey.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

ChaosArgate posted:

Did you guys know Batta did an English version of Chase as a bonus track on their new album? I don’t have a youtube link or anything but the album’s on Spotify, at least in Japan. Just like Fighting Gold in English, I think I had an easier time understanding the song in Japanese, but its still a cool novelty, I think!

X-Posting from the anime thread.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Design-wise it's gotta be D4C and Paisley Park.

Powers-wise is a tie between Civil War and Mandom just cuz the fights were so good.

And I just like Tusk and I appreciate Star Platinum's enthusiasm for Oras. They're cute. :3:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Not even sure if I'm mad anymore that we have to wait two more weeks to meet the rest of the gang, visiting Polpo was amazing. I love that they don't try to fix inexplicable poo poo like Polpo eating his fingers or why he looks like that.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Or how he spits on Giorno’s face or whatever through the glass somehow then immediately after has to use a little door/window to pass the lighter to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Expect My Mom posted:

Not even sure if I'm mad anymore that we have to wait two more weeks to meet the rest of the gang, visiting Polpo was amazing. I love that they don't try to fix inexplicable poo poo like Polpo eating his fingers or why he looks like that.

There is nothing to fix :colbert: