Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Matt posted:

You love to die on these hills and no one even shows up to kill you
gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i played thug 2 a lot on psp and it has a dope soundtrack imo

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

scary ghost dog posted:

he clearly has no idea that hes missing out on the best manga ever published

He already knows JoJo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Goddamn this is a sick new piece of Indivisible artwork, and by Yoh Yoshinori, my favorite animator ever, no less.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Improbable Lobster posted:

He already knows JoJo

except he got to literally halfway through the fourth fight in part 5 ("the one where mista is on a truck") and thinks he made it over a third of the way through

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Battle Royal Rumble sounds outstanding

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

scary ghost dog posted:

I played thug 2 a lot on psp and it has a dope soundtrack imo

It really does

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
welp, bowsette has existed long enough that animators are starting to finish animations about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQD3fadSF6k&hd=1

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Canada's Thanksgiving paid off I see.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Captain Invictus posted:

welp, bowsette has existed long enough that animators are starting to finish animations about it.

Bowsette creepiness aside, that guy does good work. His Monster Hunter animations always make me laugh.

Edit: Speaking of which, when was the last time Pat even streamed Monster Hunter World? We're also overdue on Woolie's progress. :(

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Oct 18, 2018

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Woolie made it pretty clear he was done with MHW, he said he beat Kirin and called it quits.

Pat did a stream or two for PC MHW, right? I can't imagine he's wanting to dive right back into the grind on PC so soon, at least not until more content is out like the Arch-Tempereds and Lunastra et al

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Captain Invictus posted:

Woolie made it pretty clear he was done with MHW, he said he beat Kirin and called it quits.

Woolie you enormous wussbag.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I don't know if he meant Kirin, or Tempered Kirin, or Arch-Tempered Kirin, or what.

If he beat Tempered Kirin, I'll give him a pass. That's a lot to game he got through.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Just jumping into dmc 4 right away, excellent
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5aHaLK7vkg

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

You think they'll do DmC too?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Rhonne posted:

They already did the first devil may cry :v:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Rhonne posted:

I think by the time they're done with DmC 4, they'll probably pivot to a Resident Evil-thon before the release of Remake 2.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Depths posted:

Just jumping into dmc 4 right away, excellent
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5aHaLK7vkg

Loving Dante!Pat's baby legs.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Rhonne posted:

Probably not, but you never know. Mainly I think the game's too boring to make for a good LP, though I'm sure we'd get a laugh or two out of it.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Improbable Lobster posted:

He already knows JoJo

I watched all of their Eyes of Heaven LP.

I can assure you he does not know JoJo. He knows OF JoJo, but it exists in his mind as jigsaw pieces of wiki pages hammered together where they don't fit.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Tae posted:

I think by the time they're done with DmC 4, they'll probably pivot to a Resident Evil-thon before the release of Remake 2.

What's left to play that they haven't already played?

Plus, I think Pat already said he's going to stream Remake 2 because he doesn't have the patience to wait between recording sessions to play it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I don't care where they go, as long as this ends with an Onimusha playthrough when the port comes out.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It's time for the 600 part Persona 4 lp.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

If they do another long RPG and it's not Xenogears or Lost Odyssey...

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Roth posted:

It's time for the 600 part Persona 4 lp.

600 fuckin parts of "Dude? Dude, we talked about this. You gotta say Culprit"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CJacobs posted:

600 fuckin parts of "Dude? Dude, we talked about this. You gotta say Culprit"

The solution being to just call the guy Majima will constantly whizz right over their heads.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

The P5 LP getting cancelled was a blessing in disguise because I absolutely do not need 600 episodes of waifu wars

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I don't think I could watch an LP of a Persona game. Like... what could the guys really put into it that I couldn't gain from just playing it myself? As a guy who does LPs I do understand that sometimes the commentator can turn the game from just a video game into a tv-show-like form of episodic entertainment... but when a game literally speaks for itself because it is almost a visual novel like Persona or say Danganronpa, what can they really add to it? This is why I've never understood LPs of actual visual novels like Doki Doki Literature Club or Hatoful Boyfriend or that one where All The Dads Are Gay.

edit: Dream Daddy is the name of the last one, I remembered it right after making the post, but I like my title too

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The giant bomb endurance run of p4 is one of the best let's plays of all time so the answer is a lot

The game grumps run of doki doki is extremely good as well, part of it is throwing someone unfamiliar straight into the deep end like dan who had no idea what doki doki actually was and didn't suspect anything until it just clobbered him in the face with a 2x4

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That's because they loving hate persona

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

CJacobs posted:

I don't think I could watch an LP of a Persona game. Like... what could the guys really put into it that I couldn't gain from just playing it myself?

Because people want Pat and Woolie, the personalities, to play and react to it. That's not a hard concept.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah jeff Gerstmann the guy who still has a persona 4 ringtone hates persona, you got it

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I still think a ME 1-3 playthrough would be cool since Woolie hasn't played 2 and they can create the same character and import them through the sequels.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Tae posted:

Because people want Pat and Woolie, the personalities, to play and react to it. That's not a hard concept.

I guess I just don't see the point of it because essentially they would be talking over the other characters talking, the game doesn't give much room to react without stumbling over it trying to do its thing.

edit: The Giant Bomb run is a good example because they just talked about whatever over the cutscenes and dialogue and you absolutely were not watching it for Persona, but obviously the best friends would want to give it some respect because it's one of their favorite game series' collectively... which imo just wouldn't work well having watched these losers for ten thousand million hours over the years.

Some games are just not a fit for a straightforward LP and Persona is definitely one of them imo.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Oct 20, 2018

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

You don't want one, many others do. This is a unmovable object type of internet conversation at this point.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Captain Invictus posted:

The giant bomb endurance run of p4 is one of the best let's plays of all time so the answer is a lot

The game grumps run of doki doki is extremely good as well, part of it is throwing someone unfamiliar straight into the deep end like dan who had no idea what doki doki actually was and didn't suspect anything until it just clobbered him in the face with a 2x4

Everyone should watch Game Grumps Doki Doki, even if they don't normally like GG. It's so perfect because Danny goes in completely blind, doesn't even know what kind of game it is, but Arin already knows.

And yeah, Giant Bomb Persona is fantastic not for the game, but for the weird Seinfeldian conversations that erupt around the game.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Wow Woolie has clearly forgotten everything he ever knew about Lethal League

EDIT: they all have but it sticks out with Woolie because they keep asking him questions about the old game and I don't think he gave a single correct answer

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Oct 20, 2018

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Watching them just tossing horizontal balls over and over is infuriating

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Honestly I loved this fisticuffs. Woolie didn't get a single answer right about the old game maybe but the actual throwdowns (especially when they move to free-for-all) are so loving satisfying to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

lethal league always owns