Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

By Texas standards yeah.

This conversation is super weird because I was asked "why don't you like Beto for president in 2020 and whom would you prefer", and okay if you ask me to compare Beto with every Democrat or Independent in the land some of those comparisons are going to be unfavorable to him. Sorry? He's not Jesus? Yall brought it up, if you wanted me to compare Beto to Cruz then ask me to do that because it'll come out real favorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

zoux posted:

Those who are more center than I deserve death.

this but unironically

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Jesus gently caress can we at least save the circular firing squad for November 7th

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ah, a splitter. You Trot, you wrecker, you cop.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Spiritus Nox posted:

Jesus gently caress can we at least save the circular firing squad for November 7th

Doesn't hurt to get into position before hand, makes logistics a bit easier.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Spiritus Nox posted:

I'll prep the ammo

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Houston Chronicle endorsed Beto

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

BIGFOOT EROTICA posted:

this but unironically

Struggle sessions instead of death.

Trots get icepicks.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
I'm not up to date on my leftbook slurs, how does a Trot differ from a Tankie?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sardonik posted:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Sardonik posted:

Tankies are Stalinists who love purges, Trots are anti-Stalinists who also love purges as long as they personally aren't being purged right this second

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Sardonik posted:

Trot is Trotsky can do no wrong now let's rehash the same tired argument...what do you mean what does this have to do with rent prices? Then Tankie is Stalin and/or Mao is without flaw or peer long may the people revolution......*7 paragraph screed here about how Capitalists kill more people so shooting and black baging unarmed protesters is cool and good *

Crowsbeak posted:

Both shutup. Beto frankly would be a milqtoast lib. But he's a milqtoast lib from texas. Him winning would be a slap in the face to all the people who say you need fuckers like Bresdan andMachin to win in the south. That is great. Like Beto is pretty much a Booker. But then that means that people from bluer states now can be pressured if red states can produce Beto we can ask why a blue state can't produce someone at least as good as him. Also, great to see Cruz lose.

That is an insult to Beto. Booker is a senator from New Jersey he can't do anything but shill for finance. And never forget friends no matter how trash Beto is, you will be hearing and seeing less of Ted Cruz (and possibly imploding his marriage) is that not worth it?

Zil posted:

Doesn't hurt to get into position before hand, makes logistics a bit easier.

If Texas Dems/leftists could do logistics we wouldn't be where we are now.

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Oct 19, 2018

Hawkline
May 30, 2002

¡La Raza!

SirKibbles posted:

...Booker is a senator from New Jersey he can't do anything but shill for finance....
Hey, take that back. He can also shill for pharma with the best of 'em.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Anybody wanna go to a Trump rally on Monday? I got 6 free tickets.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
No posters or signs may be brought into the event?? :thunk: geee it seems weird they are just now adding that rule since it didn't seem like they did in the past!!!

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Good turnout at the Ft. Worth Beto rally this morning, especially for 8:30. Lots of good energy.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Politics.

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1053742579563614209?s=20

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

why would you do this

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

GreyjoyBastard posted:

why would you do this

Because I want someone to make a pregnant sonic/tails version

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

1stGear posted:

Is there polling on what people think about universal health care, not Medicare For All? Because I somehow doubt the people being asked whether support it in that poll are coming at it from "Having considered both Sanders' and Conyer's bills as well other as other UHC options, I do believe that M4A is the only feasible path" and not just "Hell yeah, I want universal healthcare and I'm gonna say yes to any plan that moves towards it".

for that matter, medicaid for all is a better structure for the design of the system than medicare for all, but it's a worse campaign platform because morons think that medicaid being for poors makes it shameful

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
It's also very important to frame UHC in an existing program that we already have, rather than creating a new program that delivers it differently.

Why? Well, in a 5-4 decision....

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

JosefStalinator posted:

It's also very important to frame UHC in an existing program that we already have, rather than creating a new program that delivers it differently.

Why? Well, in a 5-4 decision....

roberts decided not to kill the aca on a decision where kennedy wanted to

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEzm8m1tetQ

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/PatrickSvitek/status/1054172861248749568

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Early voting starts today. Get out and vote you assholes.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Rooting for you guys! :woop:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/JeremySWallace/status/1054355561838456832

https://twitter.com/JeremySWallace/status/1054345116087918592

zoux fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Oct 22, 2018

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Wow.

Dunno what it is/was here this morning, but I probably can't make it until Saturday anyway. Am taking my fiancee for her first in-person voting experience, though. She just recently changed her residency to Texas from California, and she's always voted by mail before.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

How dare you date a californian

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Please make it stop

https://twitter.com/CalebJHull/status/1054194943131049986

Gahmah
Nov 4, 2009
I wonder if the citywide water boil in Austin is getting more people to vote just on the chance they wander I to a store with early voting

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Well I can tell you there is at least 50 in line at the Ben Hur Shriners Hall early voting location despite it being 9:30am.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

:whitewater: I'm a Republican now

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

zoux posted:

How dare you date a californian

She's one of the good ones. She's making BCS better instead of making Austin worse.

But I still tease her for saying the 6, the 10, etc

e:

This is extremely distasteful. There is something wrong with white people.

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Oct 22, 2018

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

zoux posted:

:whitewater: I'm a Republican now
https://twitter.com/CalebJHull/status/1054373085451837440

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
As vaugely cursed as that was at least most of the ads of his I've seen on steaming services like Hulu have been pretty good.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Do these people at least live in Texas

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

zoux posted:

Do these people at least live in Texas
Oh yes. Those gals are from the Austin vaudeville circuit

I will call them ... Beto's Follies

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Good morning Texas thread. I am Lightning Knight. I am a new mod in D&D. I've never posted in this thread before, so I just wanted to say hello, because I am a new mod, but also because in January I will be moving to Texas! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Austin vaudeville circuit

Cursed phrase