Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
PC Culture is just whatever people are starting to deem inappropriate to say or do and you don't like because you still want to do it. SJW is just the modern internet slang for it. Look how long it took for our generation to drop rape jokes and calling each other fags and yet there are still people who would whine about PC Culture if told to cut that poo poo out. Or I guess nowadays in our age range it would be "triggered much, sjw?????"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Oh no I'm work posting and I don't have a spooky snip-

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Spoopy Sniper Month is Over

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Eej posted:

PC Culture is just whatever people are starting to deem inappropriate to say or do and you don't like because you still want to do it. SJW is just the modern internet slang for it. Look how long it took for our generation to drop rape jokes and calling each other fags and yet there are still people who would whine about PC Culture if told to cut that poo poo out. Or I guess nowadays in our age range it would be "triggered much, sjw?????"

whenever gip crew is playing rising storm 2 we can usually get those people vote kicked 90% of the time, and that is pretty significant considering the player base of rs2/red orchestra is a lot of nazis

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Though good natured spookiness to distract from actually frightening things is appreciated :)

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Eej posted:

If you replace every instance of "political correctness" with "treating people decently" it makes right wing nonsense more straightforward.

e: here we go:
https://twitter.com/byroncclark/status/628702214391902208

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'm The Matriarchal World of Darkness

Something something gothic punk something metaplot something

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

I once watched Anchorman with my brother-in-law and his fiance. She didn't find the movie funny at all and acted offended throughout, saying "This movie didn't age well." Referring to the fact that it was about workplace sexism in the 70s. If that's not SJW culture being taken too far, I don't know what is.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

GoGoGadget posted:

I once watched Anchorman with my brother-in-law and his fiance. She didn't find the movie funny at all and acted offended throughout, saying "This movie didn't age well." Referring to the fact that it was about workplace sexism in the 70s. If that's not SJW culture being taken too far, I don't know what is.

I just rewatched it earlier this year and it was even more hilarious because the metoo movement cast the absurdity of the sexual harassment in even starker terms.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
https://twitter.com/20committee/status/1052980581007536128?s=21

:shuckyes:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Lies made up by the dems imo.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

deep news! fake state!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Look this doesnt look good but I really think that we need to be looking more closely at Benghazi before we get into this

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

How much SIGINT do we have on Riyadh anyway? With all that oil money you'd think they could afford 512 bit encryption and one-time pads.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

schindler is poo poo and I highly doubt that he can confirm anything

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

BigDave posted:

How much SIGINT do we have on Riyadh anyway? With all that oil money you'd think they could afford 512 bit encryption and one-time pads.

one of the things they can't outsource to random foreign firms

so they can't do it worth poo poo

cf: military outside of buying poo poo

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHKjOl9ocR0

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The new Saudi line: "Quarrel by hands"

https://twitter.com/hxhassan/status/1053406634662334464

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1053406012684881920

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

orange juche posted:

I don't know who Jordan Peterson is, is he some sort of chud idol?

The worst kind of college professor.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Dismembered by Hulk hands!

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Help, I dismembered this guy and now he is dead?

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

https://twitter.com/alanfeuer/status/1053349037909426178

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoogqyipXbc

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

His face. So punchable.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

He looks really hosed up, never knew how weird and igor-like he looks.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Their name is so goddamn dumb that it's hard to ever take them seriously

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Woof Blitzer posted:

Help, I dismembered this guy and now he is dead?

Ah yes, the Danish Submarine defense

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
If the NYPD gets the proud boys labeled a hate/extremist group by like the FBI they'll have done something good for the world for once

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

If the NYPD gets the proud boys labeled a hate/extremist group by like the FBI they'll have done something good for the world for once

did you not see the documentary die hard 3

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

“Quarrel by Hands” sounds like a vegan straight edge band that would have opened for Earth Crisis in the mid-90s.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Yeah they were on the West Coast leg of the "Breed The Killers" tour in 2000

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

BigDave posted:

Encryption isn't any good when everything is so corrupt you can throw $$$ around and get someone to copy and paste you the keys.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
I forget if we were keeping track of :toxx: for Kavanaugh, but I donated $50 to DVA.

BigDave fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Oct 20, 2018

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Might wanna redact your email

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I hate it when I run into a 15 man hit squad and I start a fistfight giving them no choice but to kill and dismember me with tools they brought in advance

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Best Friends posted:

I hate it when I run into a 15 man hit squad and I start a fistfight giving them no choice but to kill and dismember me with tools they brought in advance

Shipping caskets is expensive. Much easier to just check 10 bags.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
RIYADH — The Saudi government acknowledged early Saturday that journalist Jamal Khashoggi was killed while visiting the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, saying he died during a fist fight.

The announcement, which came in a tweet from the Saudi foreign ministry, said that an initial investigation by the government’s general prosecutor found that Khashoggi been in discussions with people inside the consulate when a quarrel broke out, escalating to a fatal fist fight.

The Saudi government said it had fired five top officials and arrested 18 other Saudis as a result of the initial investigation. Those fired included Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman’s adviser Saud al-Qahtani and deputy intelligence chief Maj. Gen. Ahmed al-Assiri.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m=.f1b6fc223c8e

Called it.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

A shameful display of disunity and weakness on the part of King and Crown Prince, they're like to get murked. The question is, will it be Mohammed bin Nayef or Alwaleed bin Talal wielding the knife?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

That Works posted:

New Dem platform:

less political correctness, in support of abortions, no opinion whatsoever on health care, firm anti-gun policy

"why don't people come vote for us?"

It's gonna be this.

Edit:
"We got into a fistfight and we kicked his rear end so bad he just broke into a bunch of pieces."

Godholio fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Oct 20, 2018

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

That Works posted:

New Dem platform:

less political correctness, in support of abortions, no opinion whatsoever on health care, firm anti-gun policy

"why don't people come vote for us?"

During the rise of St. Reagan, the democrats learned that a ultra-centrist platform was the best way to get votes. It's going to take a while for the old democratic establishment to learn that times have changed. For many of the old national democrats, they can't learn this new lesson, and have to be replaced instead.

It's like American macro-economic policy. Most of the current heads learned that inflation is Satan during stagflation of the late 70s-early 80s. It might just take a generational shift for economic leaders to give inequality anywhere near as much prominence as inflation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
So first this journalist cornered all 15 of us in the room and started punching us for no reason, and then he grabbed a machete (that one of our guys had with him, he'd just come back from a camping trip you see) and cut his own head off. What a weird person.

• Locked thread