Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's just matchmaking in general. If you don't have 2-3x the kills of the next closest idiot in your game you are bad at Destiny and should probably be banned off the forums for bringing shame on SA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Daric posted:

I’ve had a hilarious time with Riskrunner lately. Purposely running through the vex milk to get lit and then trashing dozens of enemies is amazing. I finished a haunted forest run last night with 160 kills and the closest teammate to me had 80.

same but mw huckle and orbs

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

xzzy posted:

That's just matchmaking in general. If you don't have 2-3x the kills of the next closest idiot in your game you are bad at Destiny and should probably be banned off the forums for bringing shame on SA.

I had a shameful 1.2 kd in Destiny 1 and it wasn't until D2 came out and I looked to see that put me in like the top ten percent of players or something.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Last night I watched a top 500 Clash player win a literal 1v5 encounter with a Fighting Lion and Stompees

It was neat

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

I had a shameful 1.2 kd in Destiny 1 and it wasn't until D2 came out and I looked to see that put me in like the top ten percent of players or something.

Most people just dont give a poo poo.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
which gun(s) are good now

If I haven’t been doing much gambit is there still time for a casual player to get the vendor Bygones?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

poor life choice posted:

which gun(s) are good now

If I haven’t been doing much gambit is there still time for a casual player to get the vendor Bygones?

Bygones is the best pvp pulse rifle in the game, and the vendors don't reset until December so hell yeah you got time

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

fighting lion has always been a powerful weapon, it's just the skill needed to do anything with it in crucible is absurdly high.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Been sitting on a stable of extremely well rolled fusions for them to fix fusion scavenger - they did, 3 bolts per brick is heaven.

If you're a veteran fusion user from D1, dig out those scavenger mods and give them a try again, the casual shotgun apes have absolutely no idea how to handle a weapon that can kill them if they blindly rush you, special ammo is basically endless, and you can kill any primary at short-medium range (conveniently where all the luna/trust users are sitting).

Only took a few games for people to start pulling out fusions to... counter? annoy? revenge? me (I don't get this, and they were real bad with them :shrug:)

Ignoring Telesto (which is probably still what I'll use most of the time in comp), a very well rolled Erentil or Main Ingredient can do some work. Backup Plan is the primo perk but there are several others that are really nice - under pressure, high impact reserves, tap the trigger, moving target, and quickdraw if you don't have backup plan.

You want Liquid Coils and/or high impact reserves to get consistent 4/5 bolt kills (Erentil/MI respectively). Interestingly Charge Time masterwork does not seem to affect damage, but I'm not certain that's true if you pass certain CT thresholds, I haven't fully masterworked the one I have CT on.

I favor Icarus Grip for aerial zaps, but I can see the argument for targeting adjuster or counterbalance, the impact of those is probably pretty minor, I have a hard time noticing more than icarus anyway. I did put a Freehand on a ridiculous hipfire Proelium, but that's mostly a gimmick, even with every accuracy/stability hipfire mod it's too many bolts to kill with no aim assist if you hipfire it. Not bad with a quickdraw primary though.

One last thing I want to try is Merciless with the catalyst, but I haven't unlocked it fully yet. I doubt it'll compete with Telesto, but may as well test it.

TLDR: Use a good sidearm or shotgun, they're easier to use, sidearms won't leave green bricks and counter shotguns fine, chaperone is amazing and you can use it with your luna/NF.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

victrix posted:

Only took a few games for people to start pulling out fusions to... counter? annoy? revenge? me (I don't get this, and they were real bad with them :shrug:)

people do this when they are getting frustrated and try to switch to whatever you're wrecking them with. sometimes i run Cold Heart in crucible for an easy two kills (extremely bad ammo economy for trace rifles, dont do this, i also xim) and after a couple of minutes you start seeing other people using it mid match. its extremely funny because now they are getting destroyed even faster.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah sometimes when I'm slaying on my warlock I'll see Titans and hunters switch classes mid match, it's funny as hell and a nice compliment.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Last night I watched a top 500 Clash player win a literal 1v5 encounter with a Fighting Lion and Stompees

It was neat

I mean isn’t this just yet another veiled argument in favor of a Xim?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

fusions are the civilized weapon choice

https://i.imgur.com/uSuXj5e.gifv

You give them a fighting chance while you charge up, which is very polite. Then send them back to spawn which is where they belong.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

fusions are the civilized weapon choice

You give them a fighting chance while you charge up, which is very polite. Then send them back to spawn which is where they belong.

can i have your ib matchmaking? it would appear your opponents have no thumbs

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

can i have your ib matchmaking? it would appear your opponents have no thumbs

It's all a lie, we ended up losing that game horribly. I think they just didn't expect me to invade their spawn.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
Just when I thought Queenbreaker couldn’t be bullshitty enough, I got a helmet with *enhanced* linear fusion rifle targeting and linear fusion rifle reserves. fuckin lmao you guys i can’t even

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm still extremely salty that my brother got a Queenbreaker on his first game of Gambit and I got a blue auto rifle

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Mikey-San posted:

Just when I thought Queenbreaker couldn’t be bullshitty enough, I got a helmet with *enhanced* linear fusion rifle targeting and linear fusion rifle reserves. fuckin lmao you guys i can’t even

oh trust me. i can.

i joined this match already in progress 40 to 40.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
Yep, that tracks. It really is that good, there’s no overstating it.

I played a Gambit match last night and we got the Protect the Runner triumph + emblem because I didn’t bother collecting motes. I always had heavy and QB’ed every invader that came through. Our big mote runner couldn’t lose motes because invaders got bugzapped instantly.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
posting this again because still lmaoing hard

https://i.imgur.com/Yi8xwju.gifv

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
Got a QB last night, I think I know what I'm doing tonight.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

posting this again because still lmaoing hard

https://i.imgur.com/Yi8xwju.gifv

im so hard rn

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I feel like there's someone with "KSI" at the beginning of their gamertag in every single crucible match I play. Is that the old rear end Halo clan still kicking around?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

is there some secret trigger to getting the chaperone quest to pop? everyone has it but me and I'm real mad

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

kecske posted:

is there some secret trigger to getting the chaperone quest to pop? everyone has it but me and I'm real mad

All 3 of my characters got it in the first Crucible match they ever played. Do you have a quest to talk to Holladay in the tower??

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I didnt even know you had to do something to get it, talk to holiday

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It was neat

Do you have video of that? I've been trying to get the hang of it just because I love how the be gun looks but I got 2 kills with it in 3 matches

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

rodbeard posted:

Do you have video of that? I've been trying to get the hang of it just because I love how the be gun looks but I got 2 kills with it in 3 matches

I was one of the 5 so I shut off my xbox, did a quick Frustration Jerk Sesh, and scrubbed it from my memory, sorry

Watch the "Cammycakes Fighting Lion" video for some amazing tips though.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
They just have a lot of actual members, like FaZe

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

kecske posted:

I asked this in the discord a few weeks back and everyone was just like "do a crucible match and then talk to Holiday?" but I'm in the same position as you, played shitloads of crucible matches every week and never had anything pop up telling me to talk to the woman in the tower and I have nothing in my inventory either (and I've obviously gone and talked to her on all my characters as well just to be sure) so yeah seems like there's a bug with it or something that's just going unreported because it's very rare and the majority just get it really quickly.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I believe it’s a pursuit from Shaxx that you pick up

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Daric posted:

I believe it’s a pursuit from Shaxx that you pick up

Shaxx has the Broadsword and Luna's Howl/Not Forgotten quests, Chaperone is just Holiday.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 358 days!

victrix posted:

Been sitting on a stable of extremely well rolled fusions for them to fix fusion scavenger - they did, 3 bolts per brick is heaven.

If you're a veteran fusion user from D1, dig out those scavenger mods and give them a try again, the casual shotgun apes have absolutely no idea how to handle a weapon that can kill them if they blindly rush you, special ammo is basically endless, and you can kill any primary at short-medium range (conveniently where all the luna/trust users are sitting).

Ignoring Telesto (which is probably still what I'll use most of the time in comp), a very well rolled Erentil or Main Ingredient can do some work. Backup Plan is the primo perk but there are several others that are really nice - under pressure, high impact reserves, tap the trigger, moving target, and quickdraw if you don't have backup plan.

You want Liquid Coils and/or high impact reserves to get consistent 4/5 bolt kills (Erentil/MI respectively). Interestingly Charge Time masterwork does not seem to affect damage, but I'm not certain that's true if you pass certain CT thresholds, I haven't fully masterworked the one I have CT on.

I favor Icarus Grip for aerial zaps, but I can see the argument for targeting adjuster or counterbalance, the impact of those is probably pretty minor, I have a hard time noticing more than icarus anyway. I did put a Freehand on a ridiculous hipfire Proelium, but that's mostly a gimmick, even with every accuracy/stability hipfire mod it's too many bolts to kill with no aim assist if you hipfire it. Not bad with a quickdraw primary though.

One last thing I want to try is Merciless with the catalyst, but I haven't unlocked it fully yet. I doubt it'll compete with Telesto, but may as well test it.

TLDR: Use a good sidearm or shotgun, they're easier to use, sidearms won't leave green bricks and counter shotguns fine, chaperone is amazing and you can use it with your luna/NF.

wisdom

I have an Erentil with liquid coils, high impact reserves, and under pressure, with a counterbalance mod. it's pretty good at deleting men

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Uh this catalyst i just got seems good

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Uh this catalyst i just got seems good

Definitely seems. Congrats on that!

Just finished the last 20% of Riskrunner and knocked out 10% on Fighting Lion. Because I didn't bother with the I c e H i v e King's Fall "Out of millions, this snowflake is special" bozo ship, every weekend I get infinite thrall to farm for Catalyst kills. Rules.

I also need to finish Sturm :smith:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
wizened rebuke is still my #1 bb fusion rifle

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

cvnvcnv posted:

Definitely seems. Congrats on that!

Just finished the last 20% of Riskrunner and knocked out 10% on Fighting Lion. Because I didn't bother with the I c e H i v e King's Fall "Out of millions, this snowflake is special" bozo ship, every weekend I get infinite thrall to farm for Catalyst kills. Rules.

???

getting the ship doesn't stop the thrall pile from getting taller

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

cvnvcnv posted:

I assumed the quest disappeared once the loot was obtained, like all the others. Does the Heroic just stay there forever, or something??

yeah it's just a thing on the weekends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://i.imgur.com/R6T1oqz.gifv