Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Sooooo....we traded Carlos Hyde for a 5th? I'd have thought a 3rd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Hyde is getting paid too much to get a 3rd I think

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
That was pretty Random

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
5ths are like pokemon to Dorsey

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

5ths are like pokemon to Dorsey

Avery was a 5th right?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW9dxPBl8kk

Been very impressed by Ward. That quickness and fluidity is insane. He reminds me of a not-injured Jason Verrett except even quicker with his feet. I've got a lot of love for smaller, quicker corners that can just blanket guys. The Browns had an uncommon haul of picks, it's true, but generally I'm pretty impressed at what Dorsey did with them

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Ward will probably be a better player than Verrett, I think. Jason was a good player but he was injured going back to TCU and IMO he never had the ball skills in coverage that Ward does.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

He's got really long arms for his size too and he stays so low that he can dart any which way at a moment's notice. The way he breaks right up tight with the receiver and doesn't give them any breathing space is really something you don't see all that much

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

I know Browns fans that refuse to have any hope because they still hate Baker and Denziel.

Ok just one.

Because they are short.

He is like 5'7"

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I'll take a shorter guy that will be in position to contest a catch any day over a tall "physical" corner that can't stay with anyone out of their break. Tell your friend he's a dumbass

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Play posted:

I'll take a shorter guy that will be in position to contest a catch any day over a tall "physical" corner that can't stay with anyone out of their break. Tell your friend he's a dumbass

He literally swore off the Browns for drafting 2 "Midgets" in the first round. His Words.

I'm super hyped about this team.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Ward isn't even really any smaller than like, Haden or Revis.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Ravens drafted a 35 year old tight and and a "Duel Threat" (read: can't throw) quarterback who openly states he doesn't believe in sliding.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

sharknado slashfic posted:

The Ravens drafted a 35 year old tight and and a "Duel Threat" (read: can't throw) quarterback who openly states he doesn't believe in sliding.

Wait Jackson said that? I'm stunned that RG3 isn't a good enough living example that duel threat QB's his size need to loving slide.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Wait Jackson said that? I'm stunned that RG3 isn't a good enough living example that duel threat QB's his size need to loving slide.

Not in so many words, but

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24447309/baltimore-ravens-worried-lamar-jackson-taking-too-many-hits

quote:

Asked earlier this month if he focused of not getting hit when running, Jackson said: "No, I was focused on winning the game. I wasn't really worried about those big hits. It's going to be delivered. You're a grown man out here."

I'm hopeful that was just preseason rookie hubris. My major concern is that both his OC, QB coach and backup backup QB were all worried about his attitude enough to talk to the media about it.

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Oct 20, 2018

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
I will be at the Browns game tomorrow so that means they are gonna win and bring my record of seeing browns games to 3-19!

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

jase1 posted:

I will be at the Browns game tomorrow so that means they are gonna win and bring my record of seeing browns games to 3-19!

Mine is 2-1

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Go Browns!

I also think Jackson is fronting the tough attitude stuff. He should be careful.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Flikken posted:

He literally swore off the Browns for drafting 2 "Midgets" in the first round. His Words.

I'm super hyped about this team.

What's Marvin Lewis like in person?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1053749612576759809?s=21

Burfict with the six figure fine no one was expecting

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Isn't there some point where you bounce him out of the league

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/ALevine41/status/1053474866475790336

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Flikken posted:

Mine is 2-1

I'm 3-1

I saw the Oilers get killed in '94, the Raiders of course lost when I saw them in '03 and '14 but hey at least I got to see JFF's hilariously sad first NFL start where the Bengals murdered him.

The only game that was actually good and fun was the one in Municipal Stadium, shameful poo poo right there

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think I'm either 9-7 or 8-8. Marv era it'd be 5-2 or so. Best games were 03 vs Chiefs and 14 vs Denver.

0-2 in playoffs though.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Vontaze Burfict did nothing wrong

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Black Sunshine posted:

I'm 3-1

I saw the Oilers get killed in '94, the Raiders of course lost when I saw them in '03 and '14 but hey at least I got to see JFF's hilariously sad first NFL start where the Bengals murdered him.

The only game that was actually good and fun was the one in Municipal Stadium, shameful poo poo right there

I was at the 6-3 vs Seattle win, then at the victory against the Bengals Weeden's rookie year. I didn't get back up until last year for the Jets game.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That Weeden game was loving infuriating.

That was back when I was teaching in Korea and I was watching the 4th quarter in the teacher's office. This really neurotic third grader who always got on my nerves was in the office and asking me questions about the game. And every time anything that went against the Bengals happened he would go "oooohhhhhhh nnnnoooooooooo" and I just wanted to shake him.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Oct 21, 2018

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

That Weeden game was loving infuriating.

That was back when I was teaching in Korea and I was watching the 4th quarter in the teacher's office. This really neurotic third grader who always got on my nerves was in the office and asking me questions about the game. And every time anything that went against the Bengals happened he would go "oooohhhhhhh nnnnoooooooooo" and I just wanted to shake him.

There was a DT running back a fumble like 60 yards before he got tackled by your fullback

Also, I was sitting behind a guy that kept going SHUURR-MUUUR after each dumb play. It was hilarious.

Flikken fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Oct 21, 2018

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Saw da Browns win their last home game before moving and haven’t seen a win since :smug:

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
My 2 wins are the Browns beating the steelers in 1989, 51-0 I was 12 and Brian Hoyer beating the saints in 2014, 26-24. Browns backers party was great tonight. Got to meet Ernest Byner who was super cool dude. With all the Browns gear it felt like I was back in Cleveland.

schmug
May 20, 2007

Hue Jackson, baby

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

This is an empty stadium 1 hour before game time...right?

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Yep. Seen more browns fans than bucs fans so far. It is Florida and we are always hungover so they might show up around 1:30

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Goddamnit the Browns have a long way to go.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

jase1 posted:

My 2 wins are the Browns beating the steelers in 1989, 51-0 I was 12 and Brian Hoyer beating the saints in 2014, 26-24. Browns backers party was great tonight. Got to meet Ernest Byner who was super cool dude. With all the Browns gear it felt like I was back in Cleveland.

I saw two Browns wins in Baltimore, in 2001 and 2002.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
The Ravens defense will fall apart today.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Da Browns are back baby

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

There is not a single winnable game left on the schedule. gently caress this trash team.

Edit: welp at least we might get Nick Bosa out of the deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

lol what the gently caress happened the ravens are missing their best corner and 2 starters on their line for this game