Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

A good poster posted:

The title of the track is hundreds of punctuation marks with line breaks?

Did I loving stutter?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

WilliamAnderson posted:

Roxy would appreciate Bowsette.

"We all wanna be big tiddy gf, Jane."

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

paranoid randroid posted:

this reminded me of one of my favorite low-key goofs in the comic: Nepeta's shipping cell for Karkat and Vriska, annotated with "oh nooooo"

i liked how that's contrasted with karkat and nepeta's square saying "oh yessss"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

ArfJason posted:

i liked how that's contrasted with karkat and nepeta's square saying "oh yessss"

and Karkat is still yelling

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Vriska or Nepeta, I wouldn't blame him.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Karkat didn't have a not-yelling setting, you just had to squint to parse the happy-angry yelling from the angry-angry ones.

Still looking forward to years in the future (but not many) when my memory of Homestuck will be dim enough to support a re-read. Assuming the internet still exists by then and we're not picking through the bones of civilization.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i lust for the apocalypse so i can become the true mayoR of can town

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Plom Bar posted:

Did I loving stutter?

idk what to feel, on one hand, bowsette is good

on the other hand, awkwardly shoehorning in as many memes as you can into something doesnt make it good, and just makes it age worse when the memes get stale

final verdict: meaningless because hiveswap act 2 is never coming out and the friendsims are somehow even less interesting than the also unfinished snapchat epilogue

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

remember how jane defeated and enslaved the major villain of the first 5 acts in the snapchats lmao

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Clawtopsy posted:

remember how jane defeated and enslaved the major villain of the first 5 acts in the snapchats lmao

i dont, they were so forgettable that i literally cannot remember even a single plot point

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Freak Futanari posted:

idk what to feel, on one hand, bowsette is good

on the other hand, awkwardly shoehorning in as many memes as you can into something doesnt make it good, and just makes it age worse when the memes get stale

Such a boomer

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Clawtopsy posted:

Edit oops I was wrong

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
did I tell y'all i played the hiveswap and i mostly enjoyed it except for the parts that were clearly related to homestuck

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Bogart posted:

did I tell y'all i played the hiveswap and i mostly enjoyed it except for the parts that were clearly related to homestuck

Best 5-star review yet

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
My wife made me play Hiveswap and I liked it so she got me to read Problem Sleuth and I dug that too. I tried Homestuck and was pretty into it until Act 5 and god the chatlogs killed my interest in it superfast.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
you read problem slueth and probably the better part of homestuck. feel no shame in jumping out at whatever point you want

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Dunno, I'd argue it's worth struggling through Act 5 to the end and then pretending that the story ended there. I mean no shame either way, sure, just that Act 5 is still solid to me.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I wish Homestuck ended with the Scratch.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

Bogart posted:

I wish Homestuck ended with the Scratch.

i wish homestuck ended

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Act 5 Part 1 is pretty rough the first time, but Part 2 was great and everyone was going crazy over the ending animation for it.

Then Act 6 comes along and slowly starts sucking the life out of everyone.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I made a valiant attempt at hatereading through 5-1 and it’s already better when there are actual non-troll characters again and the chatlogs aren’t troll-on-troll like jesus that was hard to read

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

The trolls were a mistake.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

What's kind of spooky is that once you're through 5-1 the typing quirks start to just blend with the text and you barely even notice them.

Until some wholly unreadable ones show up, but hey

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Plom Bar posted:

What's kind of spooky is that once you're through 5-1 the typing quirks start to just blend with the text and you barely even notice them.

Until some wholly unreadable ones show up, but hey
I feel Hussie maybe should have reconsidered his idea when he had trolls outright dropping their quirk for extended dialogue.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Pants Donkey posted:

I feel Hussie maybe should have reconsidered his idea when he had trolls outright dropping their quirk for extended dialogue.

same

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

38 Helens agree

Homestuck was better before

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Scarodactyl posted:

The trolls were a mistake.

I can't deny it.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

VERY COOL MAN posted:

i wish homestuck ended

Thankfully homestuck ended with john opening the door and lord english killing them all through it, ending the series forever

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

troll names for a cursed idea
Jeremy Corbyn
Angela Merkel
Teresa Maymay
Donald Drumpf
Steven Bannon
Mister Beeaan

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Except Jeremy Corbyn is a good egg?

Oh wait, it would be cursed to associate him, a good egg, with Homestuck, a bad egg.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

26th of May, 1949

Jeremy Corbyn is hatched

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Who in the hell are you people flexing for lol

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

ive never flexed in my entire life

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
i flex every day after i work out by lifting my weights. my arms become increasingly powerful and showing off the musculature comes naturally.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Of course I enjoy flexing.

I love being STRONG.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Freak Futanari posted:

i flex every day after i work out by lifting my weights. my arms become increasingly powerful and showing off the musculature comes naturally.

:hai:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Freak Futanari posted:

Show me. Now.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
The price of marriage is steep.

My wife started reading homestuck and i had to reread it with her. I’ve not thought about it this much since i dropped off at the end of act 5. Six years ago.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Pay no mind to the histrionics of this thread. Homestuck is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Plom Bar posted:

Pay no mind to the histrionics of this thread. Homestuck is good.

:catstare: