Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
virgin vacuum vs chad fetch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

gently caress pet vacuum, why are we not talking about Razorwing getting vacuum too :getin:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Pet Moas confirmed loving affordable :swoon:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I hope so

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

he's SNEAKY

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
open ended bounties sound like the worst idea ever

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Seperate post for seperate thing, but someone just posted this on reddit to explain the whole 223 / 111 amp thing.

Personally I prefer klebrik because the vomvalyst defence phase can be a bit fiddly with a controller.

I'd agree with the Lohrin Brace on just about everything, but I think each scaffold is fun in a different way and they're all worth at least trying. I'm really enjoying my 443 right now, but 233 is my Eidolon workhorse amp. I will say the Phahd scaffold is pretty questionable on the plains, though. If we ever get something indoor that requires operators, though? Hoo boy will it be nice.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Oct 19, 2018

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

gently caress fortuna could be like 2 weeks from now

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Looks like they made mining give a lot more resources per node and not take as long to mine.

Two batches of minerals and a half dozen azurite from one node.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah and that was with Reb not getting both skillshots too

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
loving FLYING NULLIFIERS

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Robot birbs are my new most wanted feature

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

sockpuppetclock posted:

loving FLYING NULLIFIERS

“Hello zephyr I see you’re having fun, that’s not allowed unfortunately”

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

sockpuppetclock posted:

loving FLYING NULLIFIERS

It's everything I never knew I wanted.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

FileNotFound posted:

There is also a very viable way to play Saryn as melee, but I can't speak for it as I dislike melee. It feels a lot like work and I'm one of the players that actually likes low effort frames like Saryn, Octavia, Equinox, Mesa which basically amount to keep up energy, push a button, win.

The way you're playing Saryn is definitely the way to get max spore damage and chew through everything. It's a perfectly valid way to play a lot of frames, that's kind of how I play Mesa. But Toxic Lash is pretty good so if, like me, one enjoys bullet jumping around like a maniac, melee Saryn is a lot of fun and clearly benefits more from regenerative molt. Especially if you can't use the spoiler mode to heal yet. I kinda doubt this puts out anywhere near as much damage than concentrated spore Saryn, probably not with miasma actually working now, but she is a lot of fun.

FileNotFound posted:

Yup - gently caress Harrow. Bought him.

Equinox is easy. Yes you need to get lots of parts, but you can do the run in 3 minutes. I got all the parts in less than 2 hours total. Which isn't great but not exactly hell either.

Ya I'd say in general Harrow is probably still the worst. Equinox is all over the place, you and one of my friends got all the parts in that tiny amount of time. I farmed Tyl for an hour or so a day for over a week until I got the final part I needed.

Equinox. Ivara, Nidus, Gara, and Khora can all be pretty almost as bad as Harrow if you're unlucky at all of them. Harrow is still definitely the worst with terrible luck though.

WhiteHowler posted:

I'm not ready to spend cash just yet, so is it generally acceptable to stick with my starter warframe for a while and upgrade my weapons, or should I start heading toward something better immediately? I watched a few overview videos, and Mesa looks like it would fit my playstyle, but I have no idea how to even start farming for it.

Also, my wife expressed interest in playing. She's pretty good at FPS games but won't have a ton of time to invest, so we're looking for something fairly straightforward that she can jump right into. In these types of games she likes playing very tanky, shooty things (lots of armor/shield and assault rifles or fast semi-auto pistols). Does anyone have a good frame suggestion for her?

This is a great game to play for small amounts of time whenever you can and it's even better if you will frequently have someone to play with. It will even encourage you to spend time away from it as things can take in between 12 and 72 real time hours to build. You can play for a while without spending money on it, spend your starting play on a frame slot and then another frame slot or some weapon slots. You can make plat by trading with other players and you can start to get small amounts of plat, but enough to buy slots, somewhat early. And we'll help you out there too.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

Babe Magnet posted:

devstream up

YO THAT ATLAS DELUXE SKIN

That looks like Revenant so I’m just confused now

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Echophonic posted:

I'd agree with the Lohrin Brace on just about everything, but I think each scaffold is fun in a different way and they're all worth at least trying. I'm really enjoying my 443 right now, but 233 is my Eidolon workhorse amp. I will say the Phahd scaffold is pretty questionable on the plains, though. If we ever get something indoor that requires operators, though? Hoo boy will it be nice.

223 is my preferred option because 2 primary sweeps voms out of the way if I'm not using void strike but I don't lose the flak burst, which is what one hits eidolon shields with VS. the homing beam isn't worth that opportunity cost to me. also in my experience the homing beam locks onto the eidolon itself too often which is dumb :mad:

but hey if it works it works.

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Oct 19, 2018

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

necrobobsledder posted:

That looks like Revenant so I’m just confused now

It looked like buff Harrow to me at first

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Babe Magnet posted:

devstream up

DAY ONE PURCHASE

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

FunkyFjord posted:

This is a great game to play for small amounts of time whenever you can and it's even better if you will frequently have someone to play with. It will even encourage you to spend time away from it as things can take in between 12 and 72 real time hours to build. You can play for a while without spending money on it, spend your starting play on a frame slot and then another frame slot or some weapon slots. You can make plat by trading with other players and you can start to get small amounts of plat, but enough to buy slots, somewhat early. And we'll help you out there too.
Yeah. 24-72 hours to craft anything seems a bit much, but it's still fun to play shooty-mans in the meantime.

Goon clan has already been great so far. Got some good advice and a few taxis to pick up resources I didn't have access to yet.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

WhiteHowler posted:

Yeah. 24-72 hours to craft anything seems a bit much, but it's still fun to play shooty-mans in the meantime.

Goon clan has already been great so far. Got some good advice and a few taxis to pick up resources I didn't have access to yet.

It becomes less annoying as you progress as generally you'll have a backlog of things in your foundry that you haven't had time to yank out to play with.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Was there a freebie? I had the stream on my phone not watching it, but now that actual things were announced I might catch up tomorrow.

nerdz posted:

Psychic bolts will strip enemies off all shields, armors and buffs.
I mean this alone seems to take Nyx from useless (imho) to meta insanity

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

WhiteHowler posted:

One thing with the foundry as well that seems to help newer players is you can build unlimited things without having to worry about losing inventory space. They'll just sit on the 'ready to claim' screen until you free up a slot. So build to your hearts content if you got parts.

Also you can have unlimited things building simultaneously. You probably figured it out already, but DE does a poor job of explaining things and sometimes people might not intuit it.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

TheMostFrench posted:

Wow this looked like fun while it lasted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbc3whtZrnA

:-O

Warframe art

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

WhiteHowler posted:

Also, my wife expressed interest in playing. She's pretty good at FPS games but won't have a ton of time to invest, so we're looking for something fairly straightforward that she can jump right into. In these types of games she likes playing very tanky, shooty things (lots of armor/shield and assault rifles or fast semi-auto pistols). Does anyone have a good frame suggestion for her?

RHINO HAVE IRON SKIN. BULLET BECOME FOOD. WHEN RHINO CONFUSE, HE STOMP FOOT. EVERYBODY STOP UNTIL HE FIGURE IT OUT. RHINO HAVE GUN. TAKAKAKAKAKAKAKA TURN EVERYTHING INTO FOOD.

RHINO HUNGRY. FEED RHINO MODS.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

FileNotFound posted:

You don't always run corpro - so all your opinions are not only irrelevant but also wrong.

I do now. Shut up. Vauban is walking dumpster. Even deluxe skin couldn't save him.

Kyrosiris posted:

gently caress pet vacuum, why are we not talking about Razorwing getting vacuum too :getin:

Her whole update makes me happy as can be.

Babe Magnet posted:

devstream up

Oh dear god yes. Give it to me! Give it to me now!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i already think atlas is cool as hell but that deluxe skin will absolutely 100% be an immediate purchase along with whatever cool as hell matching extra skins go with it

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

devstream up

He's got BIG BEEFY ARMS and itty bitty feet

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Hopefully that guy will keep making skins for the game.
There's no way you can say no to more well developed glutes.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Buttframe? Warbutts?

Warbutts: The good stuff comes around Uranus

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

DarkDobe posted:

Nami Skyla,

That's open to anygoon at reasonable prices/trades.

If this ones still available, I'll take a shot at it.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Babe Magnet posted:

lmao at Taxon being number 2 most used companion and also Diriga being used less than a kubrow

It used to be that the most people didn't use a companion at all, so it's not a surprise Taxon is up there. People get it automatically and alot of people then never touch the system again.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
That cold beam it has is pretty useful for some builds as well. Pretty nice for a starter sentinel.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Avynte posted:

Also you can have unlimited things building simultaneously. You probably figured it out already, but DE does a poor job of explaining things and sometimes people might not intuit it.
Yeah, the game does not explain this well at all. I assumed it was just a queue system, and you couldn't start a new thing until the previous one finishes.

SSNeoman posted:

RHINO HAVE IRON SKIN. BULLET BECOME FOOD. WHEN RHINO CONFUSE, HE STOMP FOOT. EVERYBODY STOP UNTIL HE FIGURE IT OUT. RHINO HAVE GUN. TAKAKAKAKAKAKAKA TURN EVERYTHING INTO FOOD.

RHINO HUNGRY. FEED RHINO MODS.
Sold.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Hobold posted:

That cold beam it has is pretty useful for some builds as well. Pretty nice for a starter sentinel.

I love the Artax, it's my go-to on my Carrier Prime :keke: I've already got a catalyst and a forma in it, but I've been thinking about putting another forma in it 'cause I'm nasty :mmmhmm:

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry
Warframe: DE made fetch happen

Totally stolen from Reddit, but holy poo poo, pet vacuum?

Really need to get a Smeeta now.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

kinda hoping garuda gets some polishing up. i'm already not a fan of her 4 being another 'toggle on and move around' skill and the animation for it doesn't help at all. also the thing where you crack an enemy open like a cold one to make a shield seems like it's really finicky.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Johnny Joestar posted:

kinda hoping garuda gets some polishing up. i'm already not a fan of her 4 being another 'toggle on and move around' skill and the animation for it doesn't help at all. also the thing where you crack an enemy open like a cold one to make a shield seems like it's really finicky.

when will they ever address the issue that murder frames are so much better than any other kind of frame. it just looks bad when they release a kit like this on such a cool looking frame. it doesn't even look like GOOD survivability

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

nerdz posted:

it just looks bad when they release a kit like this on such a cool looking frame. it doesn't even look like GOOD survivability

To me they'd just need to make the shield an aura, rather than directional to sort out my issues. Also speed up the animation of the stab, somewhat. Draining your own health for damage, and shielding yourself with other people's health is a cool concept to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I finally got around to trying out Saryn Prime, and she's also more of a blast than I was expecting. Is the general plan just running around spamming 1 to infect stuff and spread it, with 2 to heal/gotta go fast? Keep 3 up all the time?

I have Frost still in the foundry that I'm waiting on, so between the two of them I feel like I should invest in a status melee and grab Condition Overload from trade chat.

Every time I think I'm winding down with this game I get pulled back in...

Spam 1 because it builds into a doomstack that keeps most of the map near death at all times. Hit 4 occasionally because it does extra damage to anything infected by your 1. 2 is for emergency escapes. 3 is ignorable because you'll rarely be shooting anything.

Get as much ability range as possible, range is love. Range is the difference between infecting and exploding the entire map, or only a portion of it. Strength I guess is the next most important after that? I still need more range on my Saryn.

I also need to get my last two bits of Saryn Prime. The neuroptics is cheap (~15p last I checked) but the loving chassis is like 150p+. I'm probably going to buy it, though. Saryn is great, and I'm closing in on MR20 and am whoring myself for mastery at this point.

Saryn is the "I'm going to solo Onslaught" frame. Hell of a lot of fun.