Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

Breloom is my favorite pokemon so why wouldn't I list it twice, since I like it more than any other grass or fighting types

But what if you HAD to pick another grass or fighting type, or they were gonna kill your breloom?

no argument with double farfetch'd pick tho because he is a very good and handsome boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

DUX FUX

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ignite Memories posted:

But what if you HAD to pick another grass or fighting type, or they were gonna kill your breloom?

no argument with double farfetch'd pick tho because he is a very good and handsome boy

Serperior is my second favorite grass- or fighting-type

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

:emptyquote:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
There's no Gen II Pokemon in my favourite of each type. When it's right it's right.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Ignite Memories posted:

Cmon guys, surely you can do this without picking doubles

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

almost entirely dogs and birds

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

almost entirely dogs and birds

and dinosaurs, don't forget dinosaurs

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

OgreNoah posted:

and dinosaurs, don't forget dinosaurs

a fine selection

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
heres my old one from the last time we did this

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i've posted it before but i did the 'mspaint your favorites' one when that was happening by looking at the example pics on bulbapedia

my mouse skills leave a bit to be desired

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Why not.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Sorry this took so long, for some reason it took me a few tries to get the website to accept my submission. Anyway, here are my faves from each type.

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

Just like them cute and fun

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

FelicityGS posted:

Just like them cute and fun

We share some favorites. Bulbasaur, Alolan Raichu, Alolan Muk (favorite dark type for me), and the Goodra line

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ariong posted:

Sorry this took so long, for some reason it took me a few tries to get the website to accept my submission. Anyway, here are my faves from each type.

i think you meant to use primal groudon there. honest mistake

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

there's a lack of klefki in this thread

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Ariong posted:

The best part about this is it could actually be true if you rearrange them. There is in fact a Pokemon of every type represented here. Not sure if you planned it that way or not.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Joining in the fun.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I'm not sure I would select the same ones all over again, but here's mine from last year

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also for everyone's info the third Zeraora code has already been taken by some sneak-thief who didn't report it in this thread.

thetoughestbean posted:

I come bearing codes:

For Shiny Poipole (in case you missed all the previous chances)

A878GN4XT49538LX
A878GMA58PL5QGKZ

For Zeraora:

A893F5879NWWLSSN
A893EGZ7EWZFJ3PD
A893LEC5QC9LSJYS

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Hustlin Floh posted:

Also for everyone's info the third Zeraora code has already been taken by some sneak-thief who didn't report it in this thread.

Hmmm. Duly updated

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Cattail Prophet posted:

The best part about this is it could actually be true if you rearrange them. There is in fact a Pokemon of every type represented here. Not sure if you planned it that way or not.

I spent two god drat hours making that happen. Thank you so much for noticing it.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Ariong posted:

I spent two god drat hours making that happen. Thank you so much for noticing it.

My thanks to Cattail as well, I haven't looked at a single one of these for more than a couple seconds so I sailed right by yours. That is brilliant and thank you for your hard work.

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

Tired Moritz posted:

there's a lack of klefki in this thread

I put klefki under steel

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

mandatory lesbian posted:

What's your favorite Pokemon

My favorite Pokemon of all time is probably plain ol' Purrloin. It's a cute devious cat that evolves into a kickass hunter cat. I may be biased because Gen 5 is my favorite generation of the series. Unova's a nice locale.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Seeing the favourite Pokémon of each type game has reminded me a) I need to update that in light of my Ultra Moon run and b) I invented my own "multiple different favourites" game, but organised on different lines. Introducing...

The PokéOscars

Since favourites are such a subjective topic, I figured some subjective questions would be fun.

Pick your nominations (I'd suggest four or five, but pick as many as you like) for each category, then go "And the winner is..." and hide the winner behind a spoiler tag.

Feel free to skip categories if you don't care about them (e.g. if you aren't into competitive). And if you think I've missed something obvious and want to add a category of your own, also feel free!

Cutest Pokémon:
D'awwwww.

Funniest Pokémon:
The 'mons that make you laugh the most, for whatever reason.

Coolest Pokémon:
The stone-cold badasses of the Pokémon world.

Spunkiest Pokémon:
Maybe not cool per se, but they've got something about them. You like the cut of their jib. They've got moxie.

Weirdest Pokémon:
For the just straight-up baffling ones.

Scariest Pokémon:
The ones that send shivers down your spine. No doubt Ghosts and Fairies will proliferate here.

Most Stylish Pokémon:
For Pokémon with really strong visual design.

Best Concept:
For the 'mons with great ideas at their very core.

Best Lore:
Their Pokédex entries are just sooooo good you guys.

Best Real-world Inspiration:
And if you thought the in-game lore was good...

Most Mechanically Interesting Pokémon:
The ones that keep you up at night theorycrafting.

Favourite Little Leaguer:
Your favourite base or mid-stage 'mons. May appear elsewhere of course, that's up to you, but they still deserve their moment in the sun here.

Best Pokémon In A Supporting Role:
The HM slaves, the catchers or thieves, or maybe just someone on your team who deals in statuses and buffs/debuffs.

Most Memorable Moment:
The stars of those moments in your Pokémon-playing history that you remember the most. Clutch plays, curbstomps, poignant near misses, whatever (Feel free to elaborate!).

Strongest Pokémon (story):
For those rocks that have carried you and your team through the main game.

Strongest Pokémon (competitive):
When all's said and done, they win matches.

Favourite Pokémon:
For all the marbles. The big cheese, the head honcho, the 'mon at the top of the pile. Your. Favourite. Pokémon.

I'm still working on my answers to this, I'll try and post them when I get the chance. In the meantime, have fun!

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Oct 20, 2018

Lemon Head
Nov 6, 2010

Hustlin Floh posted:

The same goes for the first Poipole :(

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
That's too many categories I don't got time for all those

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/JamesTurner_42/status/1053507467559153669

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Still the best 2018

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Never mind

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
so many incineroar fans.... goons have good taste

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Incineroar should be the star of the franchise

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I don't like how his fire attacks come from his belt

e: would be cooler if he had little ribbons of fire tied around his wrists/arms

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
they already gave that to Mega Blaziken

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Oh poo poo, yeah, i forgot about that

I think it would be ok if they were on his biceps but I understand your point of view

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

LightningKimba posted:

My favorite Pokemon of all time is probably plain ol' Purrloin. It's a cute devious cat that evolves into a kickass hunter cat. I may be biased because Gen 5 is my favorite generation of the series. Unova's a nice locale.

Liepard always looked kinda wierd to me for some reason i can't quite put into words but purrloin is a qt heck yeah