Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Pastry of the Year posted:

one of these days, when I have a lot of money, I'm gonna go get one of those things

Where do you live that there aren't any Turkish restaurants? Come to Boston, we'll hook you up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1052347491738365952

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1052726971732557833

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

AlbieQuirky posted:

Where do you live that there aren't any Turkish restaurants? Come to Boston, we'll hook you up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJrvoEuXJ-U

Thank you for the invitation, though, I am loving bonkers for that food :)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
When you're not mad about people not liking some aspect of The Simpsons

quote:

A new book mistakenly revives interest in America’s tardiest social-justice warrior.

Hari Kondabolu is a 35-year-old quirky hipster who was bullied as a child, when stereotypes in The Simpsons still made their way onto schoolyards. In fact, he was so gravely wounded by the accent of the character Apu that he rebelled with an unwashable slushy spill on the conscience of the series’ declining fanbase — down to an average of 3 to 4 million viewers from 15 to 20 million in its heyday. The show still performs well with the prized 18–49 demo, but with a decline in ratings, along with a noticeable disconnect from today’s youth culture, no rational person would suddenly protest The Simpsons.

The Problem with Apu, Kondabolu’s 2017 documentary merchandizing his eggshell-thin skin, is an unpunctual publicity stunt that’s become an everlasting cultural annoyance.

It goes on... and on.... and on....

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Let's see what tone deaf right wing publica... National Review, got it

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

He looks like someone shaved and then inflated Al Bundy.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Ah yes why indeed did Hari not make the documentary while the simpsons was at the height of its popularity, when he was in roughly third grade

PERMACAV 50 has a new favorite as of 07:13 on Oct 19, 2018

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

My favourite part is:

"He says in his film that in the days following 9/11, he felt more like a minority than, say, a patriot. I’m sorry, but the paranoia in the aftermath of 9/11 was felt by everyone. It haunted us, and unless you lost someone in the collapsed rubble of the Twin Towers, you should dutifully remember that being racially profiled by scared white people isn’t that big of a deal in comparison."

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's a total loving rag

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Pastry of the Year posted:

one of these days, when I have a lot of money, I'm gonna go get one of those things
They cost about 6 Euro. 8 with chips and a drink.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

quote:

According to Lt. Doroshov, a school resource officer is working with the school on an inquiry under the classification of public nuisance.

“This is a weird one,” he said.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

"My last wish is to be eaten out by a group of teens."

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The MSJ posted:

"My last wish is to be eaten out by a group of teens."

I think Bryan Singer has since revised his will, thank you

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Canada has almost run out of weed two days after marijuana was legalised

:canada:

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Remember the Trotsky cookie hoax?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

jojoinnit posted:

My favourite part is:

"He says in his film that in the days following 9/11, he felt more like a minority than, say, a patriot. I’m sorry, but the paranoia in the aftermath of 9/11 was felt by everyone. It haunted us, and unless you lost someone in the collapsed rubble of the Twin Towers, you should dutifully remember that being racially profiled by scared white people isn’t that big of a deal in comparison."

Translation: "When we do it, it's not thin skin, it's patriotism!"

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Jew it to it! posted:

loving hell, that's Schwarma, not kebabs.

Rotsky, is that you?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Splicer posted:

They cost about 6 Euro. 8 with chips and a drink.

Pretty sure he meant the rotating spit to set up at home.
Also, 6€ for a döner? What in the gently caress.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Massachusetts has avoided this problem by still not having any goddamned recreational weed shops open, almost four months after weed was made legal.

(My own withers are unwrung, because I'm a certified sick person, but it is still :argh:)

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

AlbieQuirky posted:

Aside from regional variations in spicing and such, shwarma and kebab are pretty much the same thing, so lots of Mediterranean places whould suit you.

And now, I am craving Zankou.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

this is funny, I was making lick-em-aid jokes about grandpas ashes just the other day

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

GrossMurpel posted:

Pretty sure he meant the rotating spit to set up at home.
Also, 6€ for a döner? What in the gently caress.
Yes it was a joke.

I live somewhere expensive.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

People are mad because Elle Magazine disguised a link to a voter registration website behind a fake Kim-Kanye breakup announcement.

https://yhoo.it/2yOp1pf

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Peeny Cheez posted:

Aside from regional variations in spicing and such, shwarma and kebab are pretty much the same thing, so lots of Mediterranean places whould suit you.

And now, I am craving Zankou.

If you've had shwarma and shish-kebab that were pretty much the same thing, you've had lovely shwarma and shish-kebab. In the US most places insist on making both from ground meat, which is :barf:.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

The MSJ posted:

People are mad

:agreed:

But seriously is yeezy okay? Google suggests he has transcended to become footwear :ohdear:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Chip and Dale's Revenge. :(

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

If you've had shwarma and shish-kebab that were pretty much the same thing, you've had lovely shwarma and shish-kebab. In the US most places insist on making both from ground meat, which is :barf:.

Pretty sure they were talking about doner kebab.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Tiggum posted:

Pretty sure they were talking about doner kebab.

*in extremely Emily Litella voice* Oooh! That's very different! Well, never mind!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost
It gets better

Fox40 News posted:

An investigation later determined that [Timothy] Glass [Jr.] used a flare gun to fire the shell, which had been stuffed with Rice Krispies.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Flaming rice krispies injury. Hard. Motherfucking. Core.

Victim refused to press charges. I mean, yeah, (and I am inferring here) homeless-on-homeless rarely results in action. "Holy gently caress, did he just shoot me? Why am I alive, what's that smell, lol, I'm good."

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost
Gotta upgrade to hollow point smores.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

18 Character Limit posted:

Gotta upgrade to hollow point smores.

Hash-brown hulls, syrup-shot, waffle-wads. TAOFledermaus cooks breakfast in bed (and lights the bed on fire).

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Large Steel Balls Wreak Havoc on Seattle Neighborhood After Driver Fails to Secure His Load

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

That headline should say, “After Driver Dumps His Load.” Mabye “drops.” Shoots doesn’t quite work. If you’re going to go for it, go for it. Stop this half-assed bullshit.

Edit:
Driver’s Massive Balls Choke Seattle Street
Trucker Wrecks Local Neighborhood with His Balls of Steel
Etc.

Veni Vidi Ameche! has a new favorite as of 04:37 on Oct 21, 2018

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

That headline should say, “After Driver Dumps His Load.” Mabye “drops.” Shoots doesn’t quite work. If you’re going to go for it, go for it. Stop this half-assed bullshit.

Edit:
Driver’s Massive Balls Choke Seattle Street
Trucker Wrecks Local Neighborhood with His Balls of Steel
Etc.

There was an article posted in a another thread about it with the headline "Driver drops load, empties balls."
That one was pretty good.

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh

Wifi Toilet posted:

There was an article posted in a another thread about it with the headline "Driver drops load, empties balls."
That one was pretty good.

Was this the one you mean?

https://jalopnik.com/seattle-truck-blows-load-empties-balls-1829847421

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Another video of this from the osha thread, for completeness: