Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I think Jaina is the mage to practice ranged assassins with. No mobility so you learn where you can and cannot stand but with cc built into her kit so it’s a little bit easier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Kind of weird but I find harder assassins like ktz, alarak, and kerrigan the most fun to learn on. It is so rewarding when you wipe people out with good combos and plays, so you want to stay alive just to keep doing it. When you're dead you're not blowing people up so you're like poo poo how do I stay alive to do more sick combos. Kinda weird but I feel those heroes have helped me learn a lot.

Counterpoint to my own argument is I rarely play these in ranked because there are safer characters who are just as effective for less work. RIP me.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Harder...

...Kerrigan.

Harder....

...Kerrigan.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Shockeh posted:

Harder...

...Kerrigan.

Harder....

...Kerrigan.

Should, should I go?

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Shockeh posted:

Harder...

...Kerrigan.

Harder....

...Kerrigan.

Go to Bed Jimmy

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

Shoenin posted:

Go to Bed D.va

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Don't worry, my defense matrix is active.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
What the gently caress :wtc:

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

dead comedy forums posted:

Hey, can you guys suggest a good assassin hero? I have been playing a while now but, all roles considered, assassins are the one that stumps me the most and I would like to practice with one that allows you to really "get" the feel of the role. Thanks in advance :)

Raynor. He is a lawn mower.

My build's always:
1: Veteran Marksman*
4: Sustaining Rounds
7: Unstable Compound
10: Raynor's Raider
13: Giddy-Up
16: Bounty Hunter
20: Execute

* Only needs ~40 stacks until one burst is equal to bonus damage from four Ace in the Hole attacks against a fully affected hero, and VM's damage applies to everything.

Stay in the rear and mow down anything anyone's engaging. Try to make sure your 4th attacks hit on heroes. When fleeing, remember Q knocks chasers away. Remember W boosts minions and mercenaries, too.

FILE_FOOTAGE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faqft3m_wwU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Paging Dr. Freud, cleanup on aisle three - That you guys read that post in that tone, and not in the intended one of incredulity at describing Kerrigan as ‘hard’ says more about you than it does about me. :v:

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

Shockeh posted:

Paging Dr. Freud, cleanup on aisle three - That you guys read that post in that tone, and not in the intended one of incredulity at describing Kerrigan as ‘hard’ says more about you than it does about me. :v:

Eh, Kerrigan had a couple of weeks as super OP but for basically the last year she has not been great, has a combo that's required to get off to play her, and is a melee assassin in an unfriendly meta.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
My biggest problem with Mal'Ganis is his talents seem very lopsided. Why would you ever want a level 7 talent other than Will of Tichondrius? It just seems so much better than the other ones.

dead comedy forums posted:

Hey, can you guys suggest a good assassin hero? I have been playing a while now but, all roles considered, assassins are the one that stumps me the most and I would like to practice with one that allows you to really "get" the feel of the role. Thanks in advance :)

Play image mastery Samuro. :getin:

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Accretionist posted:

Raynor. He is a lawn mower.

Raynor’s infinite stacking on Marksman can win games single-handed. He feels like a league snowballing hero that somehow made his way into hots.

I was playing a game with him last night on Braxis and we were behind significantly. I had died a bunch. They had KT, ETC, Malg, and Auriel. But I had 80 stacks. They got cocky and came at me one at a time during a team fight starting with the tanks. Both tanks got melted first before that could Cc me. KT died in two hits from a back to back Pepper (4 stack + trait activation from 16). We pushed straight to the core. They rezzed before we got there and faced the same near instant death again.

You have to either CC Raynor to death or end the game quickly. If you let him get 20 and get really stacked it’s over. I fully expect there to be some rebalancing here at some point because he is way too good in long games.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
Does Jimmy's banshee count as physical or spell damage?

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Spell, iirc. It's effected by his executioner talent too.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Does Jimmy's banshee count as physical or spell damage?

Just popped into Try Mode to check, it's spell damage.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Lawlicaust posted:

Raynor’s infinite stacking on Marksman can win games single-handed. He feels like a league snowballing hero that somehow made his way into hots.

I was playing a game with him last night on Braxis and we were behind significantly. I had died a bunch. They had KT, ETC, Malg, and Auriel. But I had 80 stacks. They got cocky and came at me one at a time during a team fight starting with the tanks. Both tanks got melted first before that could Cc me. KT died in two hits from a back to back Pepper (4 stack + trait activation from 16). We pushed straight to the core. They rezzed before we got there and faced the same near instant death again.

You have to either CC Raynor to death or end the game quickly. If you let him get 20 and get really stacked it’s over. I fully expect there to be some rebalancing here at some point because he is way too good in long games.

I was in a team league game with 4 of my irl friends who are bad. We were behind all game and even saved the nexus at 20% at one point.

We won because I had 150+ stacks. I had 200k hero damage on raynor Lmao

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I was in a team league game with 4 of my irl friends who are bad. We were behind all game and even saved the nexus at 20% at one point.

We won because I had 150+ stacks. I had 200k hero damage on raynor Lmao

Hypercarry Raynor is my favorite HGC strategy

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I started watching SSSS.Gridman and saw someone on the HotS subreddit mention there was some HotS cameos in it, which I thought was kinda neat.

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/9o2fef/hots_cameo_in_gridman_anime/

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Why is it that a GM player can queue with a Silver player to stomp Platinum players in Team League?

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

SirSamVimes posted:

Why is it that a GM player can queue with a Silver player to stomp Platinum players in Team League?

Hey Blizz is a small company and only has so many resources to go around. Its either make sensible restrictions for TL or make another kerrigan skin

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

SirSamVimes posted:

A GM plus four silver players vs five plat players legitimately sounds like a fair match.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Gobbeldygook posted:

A GM plus four silver players vs five plat players legitimately sounds like a fair match.

They dont have to be actual silver players though. They can just be accounts with intentionally tanked ratings to mess with the matchmaking and give GM players easy wins. Its pretty dumb now that I'm seeing it in games myself.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Balance and good matchmaking is only for AAA companies, we can't expect anything decent from small indie company Activision-Blizzard.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Hey Blizz is a small company and only has so many resources to go around. Its either make sensible restrictions for TL or make another kerrigan skin

Artists are not designers are not programmers. Blizzard has invested in a huge content creation pipeline to make scraping money out of people effortless, so putting Li Ming in an even shorter skirt doesn’t use the same resources as making TL not suck.

e: That said, fix your poo poo Blizzard

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

They don't get my waifu money until they add a lady goblin or another Garrosh skin, c'mon Blizz.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
On Malganis. They should have just called his alt colors different Dreadlords. Like Instead of Darkener Malganis, it's Tichondrius, and his voice changes to Tichondrius and stuff.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Instead of Darkener Malganis, it's Tichondrius, and his voice changes to Tichondrius and

This is insanely racist - I have reported it to the appropriate authorities. Yw in advance and let's move on.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

And no, "Nathrezim" does not mean "Ignorant Person" in eredun.

Camel Camus fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Oct 22, 2018

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

MonsterEnvy posted:

On Malganis. They should have just called his alt colors different Dreadlords. Like Instead of Darkener Malganis, it's Tichondrius, and his voice changes to Tichondrius and stuff.

While his voice is still kind of doofy in all of them I'm pretty sure that's what they were going for, "Darkener" being Tichondrius with the red/black and blued skin, "Undercity" pretty obviously being totally-not-Varimathras.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
What's a good support that has Bribe other than Brightwing? I mostly just support with Tyrande, and she's fine, but I'd like some actual clear speed for when my team forgets merc camps exist.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Brightwing is the only Support with Bribe. For non-supports, Falstad, Nova, Murky, and The Lost Vikings also carry it.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
Oh wow, I thought it'd be a support only thing. I guess I'll try Falstad sometime.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

If you want to play a support with camp clearing power look at rehgar.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I don't like Bribe on Falstad even though it appears to be his best talent on that tier. Gathering Storm is my go-to, though I'm unable to articulate as to why.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Q or AA are the general go to Falstad builds. His w is probably his weakest one.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

bamhand posted:

Q or AA are the general go to Falstad builds. His w is probably his weakest one.

Amazingly his W build is the highest winrate build on Hotslogs.

https://www.hotslogs.com/Sitewide/HeroDetails?Hero=Falstad

Like wtf, it's garbage.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

lucifirius posted:

Amazingly his W build is the highest winrate build on Hotslogs.

https://www.hotslogs.com/Sitewide/HeroDetails?Hero=Falstad

Like wtf, it's garbage.

I don't know if this is the general reason for that, but I have definitely seen games won by Falstads with bribe flying to opponent-side camps and bribing the poo poo out of them over and over.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I dont take it. I see a lot of streamers take it and it's one of those builds that seems better against more experienced opponents who think they know the matchup and lose the 1v1 unexpectedly due to the increased W shields/dmg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Next Falstad game I'll take it and try that strategy and full W build. Will go against everything I know about the game.