Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Salguero says there's long-term doubt about Tannehill's future in Miami post-2018 https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article220295125.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Docjowles posted:

Is he employed as even a consultant to a team or something? It’s weird to me that he has all these great insights about the game and is using them...to effortpost on Twitter. Seems like the kind of football aspergers that Belichick would have tried to scoop up.

He could just be like “gently caress it I’m paid and can do whatever I want, no need for the NFL grind anymore” of course. Which is cool and good. Just seems like he is still very into football.

Pretty sure he's used it to try and get into broadcasting, which he's been somewhat successful at—he was picked up onto 'Good Morning Football', and the Lions bring him in every once in a while to do opponent preview videos.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Salguero says there's long-term doubt about Tannehill's future in Miami post-2018 https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article220295125.html

Print the shirts.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

Spoeank posted:

I loving love conspiracy theories, and I spend a ton of time reading about them.

Do I believe a goddamn one? No. But I would still classify myself as someone who loves conspiracy theories.

Could be that of course, not the impression I got but I won’t go back for a transcript or anything.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1053311597379235840

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Chris James 2 posted:

FWIW it also says that their nearly 80 year old owner doesn't have much of a stomach to rebuild. I could see a scenario where the owner is compelled by an argument that the need is for a new coach, that says that they can win without a rebuild, a real emphasis on running the ball/defense, etc.

Either way the Dolphins probably need Stephen Ross to die before they're good around because the dude is broadly speaking a moron and it's great that this NFL has this layer of completely unaccountable Dunning-Kruger cases.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Rivers is going to be on that sad list of great QBs that never won a Super Bowl.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

sponges posted:

Andy Dalton is going to be on that sad list of great QBs that never won a Super Bowl.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

sponges posted:

Andy Dalton is that sad QB

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Andy Dalton is the definition of middle of the pack. He’s destined for the hall of consistency with people like comeback player of the year chad pennington. He is not exceptional or remarkable in either good or bad direction.

Rivers & Romo are the biggest modern cases of guys that never made it because of circumstances beyond their control. Dalton isn’t in that pack.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
I think you'll find andy dalton is helming the team currently on top of the afc north

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

a patagonian cavy posted:

I think you'll find andy dalton is helming the team currently on top of the afc north

Yeah but no one in the AFC North have beaten the Browns yet.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
If divisions went by div record only like college conferences Browns would be leading the division as the only team over .500.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Andy Daltos is pretty good

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

!

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1053705148067954688

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

That seems kind of odd

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

The Seahawks did something similar with Tom Johnson early this season, released him to add depth at LB or whatever, with the understanding that they'd re-sign him immediately after the game

he fuckin bailed to Minnesota lol

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Eltoasto posted:

That seems kind of odd

To me the odd part is "tear in his groin" == "out two weeks."

I don't even want to think of how long I'd be out from my office job with a tear in my groin.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Ya know what team really needs at wr. Welcome back Terrell

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I guess they could have IRd him if they needed the roster spot. They’re super banged up at WR and probably needed to make a move to dress more than 2 receivers tomorrow.

I’d still rather have him than not.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Diva Cupcake posted:

I guess they could have IRd him if they needed the roster spot. They’re super banged up at WR and probably needed to make a move to dress more than 2 receivers tomorrow.

I’d still rather have him than not.

IR has a long minimum time though, right? If they expect his recovery to be quick then this makes sense.

Assuming no one else grabs him.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Andy Dalton is the definition of middle of the pack. He’s destined for the hall of consistency with people like comeback player of the year chad pennington. He is not exceptional or remarkable in either good or bad direction.

please do not denigrate Rad Chad Pennington by sinking him to Dalton's level

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Strobe posted:

IR has a long minimum time though, right? If they expect his recovery to be quick then this makes sense.

Assuming no one else grabs him.

8 weeks minimum if I'm not mistaken. They can stay longer.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

a neat cape posted:

Look at those outside runs

Melvin Gordon is good

What is this sorcery

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1053745471758499845

It's uncanny

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

Mods this aggression towards chad pennington will not stand

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1053748502906523648

coward

e:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1053749997467066368

Vertical Lime fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Oct 20, 2018

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Called it lmao...geez Ross...

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
It's not great short term but Ekeler has been a good back up and flashed a lot of talent when he has seen the field. Chargers will probably be ok for this week, I think. Any time after that, though, and things kinda start getting dicey.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I'm not worried about the Chargers at all, they are looking pretty rock solid at the moment. They just had the bad luck of playing the Chiefs and the Rams early in the season, dropped those games against almost the best two teams in the NFL, but since then they've been handling business. I don't think Gordon is going to have a huge effect on that for now and the Chargers should be just fine against the Titans.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

N: It looks like I'm gonna miss almost all the football this week between travel and conference.

V: at least I got to watch all of the TNF game! :v:

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i wonder if gase could be head coach, call the offense, and start as QB all at the same time...

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I missed Sam Bradford chat but that's a man that's so overwhelmingly and powerfully bland that- in his nine-year professional career at the Marquee position of the Marquee sport in the biggest economy in the world- the first thing I think of when I think of Sam Bradford is that one really awkward shot of him in ill-fitting khakis and a tucked-in button up short-sleeve plaid shirt looking like a fourth grade Bully's wet dream victim.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I am at top golf and my buddy's friend just asked if I'd heard of isgrudengoneyet.com

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hey y'all you might find this hard to believe but a professional Cincinnati football team just won a playoff game.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Sucks for the guy to be waived when the team's in London

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Sucks for the guy to be waived when the team's in London

lmao. This does make me curious about the mechanics of this, though. Is dude just cut loose and on his own for getting home? In a vacuum I would assume they do him a solid and at least get him back to LA. But it’s Spanos cutting the checks, so :shrug:

Also presumably the RB has to just drop whatever the gently caress he’s doing and hop the next plane to London which is also crazy.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Newsome was on the practice squad so I am assuming he's with the team already

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Newsome was on the practice squad so I am assuming he's with the team already

Does the practice squad travel with the team to away games? I don't see any reason they shouldn't, but at the same time this seems like a really rare situation where it would be important they did.

I guess with a London game you get there earlier and can actually use them in practice.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Good luck tomorrow, Chiefs

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1053749612576759809?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How else are they going to earn their practice squad paycheck and practice squad trophy?

• Locked thread