Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

The person that makes Burger Tokens is a Goon, right?

If so, just wanted to let them know of a typo on their packaging. The package I got says it comes with 5 Force tokens but the web page says it comes with 3.

Not like I need extra, just thought they may want to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

agscala
Jul 12, 2008

Floppychop posted:

The person that makes Burger Tokens is a Goon, right?

If so, just wanted to let them know of a typo on their packaging. The package I got says it comes with 5 Force tokens but the web page says it comes with 3.

Not like I need extra, just thought they may want to know.

Yeah, our manufacturer forgot to update the packaging on our latest print run. It is supposed to say 3 on the packaging. Thanks for lookin out though 👌

RTM
May 21, 2001

hewwo!
I went 3-0 at a small store tournament last night with this list:

Just a Bunch of Random Ships NBD

(42) "Dutch" Vander
(9) Proton Torpedoes
(2) R4 Astromech
(6) Ion Cannon Turret
(8) Veteran Turret Gunner
Points 67

(52) Wedge Antilles
(0) Servomotor S-foils
(9) Proton Torpedoes
(3) Swarm Tactics
Points 64

(30) AP-5
Points 30

(36) Arvel Crynyd
(3) Intimidation
Points 39

Total points: 200

AP-5 is a superstar. Some highlights:
-Coordinating a barrel roll into a red boost to set up a block with Arvel, who can then clear the stress with a blue and still take a focus or evade
-Give a focus to Dutch who can then pass a lock to Wedge, allowing 2 fully modded proton torpedo shots at initiative 6 (got a lot of mileage out of this one)
-Pre-maneuver repositioning to avoid asteroids or bombs

So many uses! I’m not sold on the Ion Turret and veteran turret gunner on the Y-wing but it did come in clutch one match.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

You could drop the turret and gunner in favor of a few things:

Concussion missiles on Arvel. Give him teeth at range 3 in addition to range 1. Just remember the timing on the Concussion missile effect: it flips a card up when the attack hits (aka before damage from the missile itself is dealt). So have him shoot after Wedge and Dutch.

Selfless on AP-5. People are naturally going to want to pump damage into Wedge or Dutch; this will keep them alive longer. Especially useful against Proton torps, since the hit > crit effect is not optional.

Jyn Erso on AP-5. Letting your weakened dudes take Evades is pretty solid.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Wait, coordinate happens before maneuvers?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Floppychop posted:

Wait, coordinate happens before maneuvers?

I feel like there's a fundamental misunderstanding here.

Actions can happen at any time. Every ship gets to do their own action after their maneuver. But if something gives you an action at any other time, it happens whenever that something happens.

So if AP-5 moves and takes Coordinate after his maneuver, the ship he coordinates to gets to take an action right at that time. They don't "save" it until after their next maneuver.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Finally looked up AP-5's card. Didn't realize he was PS 1.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
One of my buds went 4-0 with this yesterday.

“Whisper” (52)
Juke (4)
Darth Vader (14)

Major Vermeil (49)
Crack Shot (1)
Admiral Sloane (10)

Academy Pilot (23)

Academy Pilot (23)

Academy Pilot (23)

Total: 199

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

Put the three TIEs right in the middle to threaten a joust on the aces. Set up whisper and Vermiel to react quickly (Vermiels AA plus 3 bank is really fast, so is whisper with a decloak forward)
The rerolls punish enemy ships for taking red moves/actions and the double stress when they kill a TIE is oppressive.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

canyoneer posted:

One of my buds went 4-0 with this yesterday.

“Whisper” (52)
Juke (4)
Darth Vader (14)

Major Vermeil (49)
Crack Shot (1)
Admiral Sloane (10)

Academy Pilot (23)

Academy Pilot (23)

Academy Pilot (23)

Total: 199

Put the three TIEs right in the middle to threaten a joust on the aces. Set up whisper and Vermiel to react quickly (Vermiels AA plus 3 bank is really fast, so is whisper with a decloak forward)
The rerolls punish enemy ships for taking red moves/actions and the double stress when they kill a TIE is oppressive.

I do believe I'll try this out. I've named this list 'TIE Fodders.' I have this mental image of Sloane calling up the enemy pilots and screaming 'HE HAD A MOTHER! LOOK AT THIS PICTURE OF HIS LOVING MOTHER!'

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

is your friend the DXM dude?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

banned from Starbucks posted:

is your friend the DXM dude?

Yes. I am also one of the admins there :ssh:

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Anyone think this would have legs?

IG-88C (70)
Juke (4)
IG-2000 (2)

Boba Fett (80)
Juke (4)
IG-88D (4)
Proton Bombs (5)
Marauder (3)
Han Solo (4)

L3-37 (22)
Tactical Officer (2)

Total: 200

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I think IG88 A would be better for mindlink levels of token sharing.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
Nah, not for that list. It relies on IG88C for the boost evade on Boba to turn on Juke. It's fun but falls apart as soon as you lose either IG or Boba.

dogsarentdangerous
Aug 11, 2008

ConfusedUs posted:

I think IG88 A would be better for mindlink levels of token sharing.

I've been trying this for a few weeks

IG-88A — Aggressor 70
IG-2000 2
Ship Total: 72

IG-88C — Aggressor 70
IG-2000 2
Ship Total: 72

4-LOM — G-1A Starfighter 49
Elusive 3
IG-88D 4
Ship Total: 56

I think it might be running all 3 ships a bit too lean in order to fit them all in as it doesn't seem to have much offensive punch, although it is good defensively.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

KongGeorgeVII posted:

Nah, not for that list. It relies on IG88C for the boost evade on Boba to turn on Juke. It's fun but falls apart as soon as you lose either IG or Boba.

Put debris gambit on boba so he can still evade even in close quarters.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

ConfusedUs posted:

Put debris gambit on boba so he can still evade even in close quarters.

But then you lose Juke on Boba which seems to be the whole point of the list. Yeah it's probably better but at that point you're kind of building a different beast altogether.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Got my Burger tokens. Great stuff

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Second edition has been out for a while now. Who is your favorite pilot?

Mine is Duchess with Juke + Fifth Brother. She is my single favorite ship in the game right now. I've been flying her alongside Juke/Vader Whisper and <insert third ship here>. Redline is my current ship of choice, but I've also had good luck with Soontir (give them all some health upgrades), Lt. Sai, and 2x barrage Bombers.

If Duchess moves last, she's all but untouchable. You should be able to avoid all or most firing arcs. With an Evade + Fifth's force token, it is very hard to put significant damage on her with a single attack. And yes, DO save that force for defense if the enemy can shoot her. You'll get another shot, later.

Protip: Try to use her as a flanker or bait.

I can almost always put her in a position where one Ailerons + maneuver lets her attack, but another Ailerons (or no Ailerons at all) + that same maneuver keeps her safe from any possible attack. But this only works if she's on the flank, so learn to read the board and bail if the enemy is clearly setting up to joust her. A bank Ailerons + 3 straight + barrel roll covers a LOT of ground.

If they take the bait, just bail and try to goad them into chasing her. Set her up behind rocks and try to put her in lanes where it's difficult for the enemy to turn towards her. Duchess can skitter around rocks in a way few ships can match.

If they turn away, turn into their flank/rear and start pumping crits into their butts.

If I didn't have Vader crew in my list, I'd probably prefer Predator or Lone Wolf for the Talent Slot

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Seyn Marana and Marksmanship. Having Gideon Hask as a wingman can turn things into a comedy real quick-like. Having Del Meeko and Iden nearby can make the squadron ridiculously durable, too.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

ConfusedUs posted:

Thane Kyrell. He's got good initiative, X-wings are actually good now, and he has some of the most consistent offense in the game. Once a ship has a damage card on it, he literally just needs to not blank out and you can still put some hurt on the target. Not all crits are going to cripple without adding damage, but if you manage to find that Direct Hit then he might as well be rolling with rules text that says "roll 1 fewer attack dice, add 1 damage that can't be avoided".

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Strobe posted:

Thane Kyrell. He's got good initiative, X-wings are actually good now, and he has some of the most consistent offense in the game. Once a ship has a damage card on it, he literally just needs to not blank out and you can still put some hurt on the target. Not all crits are going to cripple without adding damage, but if you manage to find that Direct Hit then he might as well be rolling with rules text that says "roll 1 fewer attack dice, add 1 damage that can't be avoided".

Have you been flying triple X aces?

Luke, Thane, Wedge. All with Proton Torps. S-Foils are a given.

You can do Heightened Perception/Swarm Tactics for 7/6/6 shots, or go R3 Astromechs on all of them to maximize your offensive potential and ensure there's always SOMEONE you can torpedo.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

ConfusedUs posted:

Have you been flying triple X aces?

Luke, Thane, Wedge. All with Proton Torps. S-Foils are a given.

You can do Heightened Perception/Swarm Tactics for 7/6/6 shots, or go R3 Astromechs on all of them to maximize your offensive potential and ensure there's always SOMEONE you can torpedo.

I have not, actually. I usually (when flying actual X-wings) go with Luke/Thane/Wedge (pick one) and then three Reds (or Blues if I picked Luke).

My most commonly played list is Gavin/Rogue/Jake.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

ConfusedUs posted:

Soontir Fel, for sure. Never where people expect him, harder to block and just kill since he usually grabs a focus when he's blocked, no VI means he's moving last against the glut of I5 ships out there like he always wanted to in 1e, and the lack of insane defense buffs means he actually kills things fairly well. He's also cheap enough that losing him doesn't doom your list.

I think Whisper is a close second though, the cloak and choke build with Vader crew and Juke is incredible.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

The Gate posted:

Soontir Fel, for sure. Never where people expect him, harder to block and just kill since he usually grabs a focus when he's blocked, no VI means he's moving last against the glut of I5 ships out there like he always wanted to in 1e, and the lack of insane defense buffs means he actually kills things fairly well. He's also cheap enough that losing him doesn't doom your list.

I think Whisper is a close second though, the cloak and choke build with Vader crew and Juke is incredible.

Good choice!

I love Duchess, Whisper, and Soontir the most, in that order.

They all fit in a list together, too!

https://raithos.github.io/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v5!s!179:123,-1,-1:;199:123,-1,26,-1:;211:123,82,-1,-1:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron&obs=

Bids haven't gotten ridiculous (4-5 points is usually sufficient) in my local meta, so I toss Stealth Device on Whisper and usually a shield upgrade on Soontir or Duchess. But they're not strictly necessary if you really want to win the I5 bid.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

ConfusedUs posted:

Prob Echo now that you can legit fly a phantom and not worry about PS loving you.

Or Guri

RIP to Dash and Inquiz tho

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

RIP to Dash and Inquiz tho

Quiz has crazy good action economy with Supernatural Reflexes, but if he's spending his Force on that, he's got absolute poo poo damage output.

It's really sad. :(

Dash, though...have you run into one of those Dash + Roark double tap at i7 builds yet? It's within inches of being top tier, and can wreck anyone who isn't ready for it.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

ConfusedUs posted:

Dash, though...have you run into one of those Dash + Roark double tap at i7 builds yet? It's within inches of being top tier, and can wreck anyone who isn't ready for it.

Yeah you basically just come at him from different angles (its not like you have any significant enemy wingmen to worry about) forcing him to switch his arcs every so often so he cant focus and hes done. They just neutered him too hard on top of being a points hog. He cant run, he cant reposition and he cant offensive token stack. He cant really do anything without a 35+ point support ship up his rear end. Then when hes dead in 3 turns you have ....a HWK and a Z-05?

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
I've only played against Dash once in 2.0 but I totally underestimated him and didn't go all in and he wrecked me.

I want to fly Whisper as it was the first ship I flew in Xwing, (I flew whisper + miniswarm for ages, and it's still probably my favourite archetype) but everyone is saying how great xe is so me, being a dumb hipster nerd doesn't want to.

I'm definitely loving Soontir, though in casual games I'm really creating bad habits by always going for the jugular instead of playing smart. I'd rather get more games in then go to time and win on points, so he's probably dying way more than he needs to.

Really like Redline too. Proton torps feel so 1.0, it's great. And I5 with boost & lock means he's getting those shots off.

I've been playing Redline, Soontir and two Sabers. Might try subbing in Duchess and Wampa for the Sabers.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Redline is stupid good. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go up several points in January, and for some of his common upgrades (traj sim, proton bombs) to go up too. I would probably still fly him if the proton torps/proton bombs/traj sim build cost 70 points instead of 61.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Im gonna be the odd one out and say Redline goes unchanged. Is he good? Yeah but hes not really defining the meta yet as we dont really have one yet. He fits into the 3 imp list and I guess you can fit him into a bomber swarm list but thats about it. He still dies really fast to focused fire that he cant avoid or spam defensive abilities against. If Redline suddenly becomes 71 points are you still going to take him over a Defender who can safeguard points easier? As the tugboat lists get more popular he gets less good. Nerfing his upgrades just makes them less good on other ships too. I dont really see the need to increase somethings points just because its good. Luke and Vader are good too do they also need to be more expensive? Probably not. Right now I'd say theres a lot more bad ships than good ships and I'd rather the bad ones get tweeked into being viable than have the pool of viable ships shrink even smaller.

If I were FFG my first balance pass would be:

-- Big ships across the board except maybe the shuttle get a points reduction.
-- Rebel (Do something for an ally at range whatever) ships get reduced a couple points
-- Scum Han gunner goes up
-- Tractor effects happen in the system phase so PS1 ships cant punk Aces as easily.
-- Sloan changed to needing to be in R1-3 of the attacking ship not the dead ship.

and thats about it.

banned from Starbucks fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Oct 23, 2018

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

-- Tractor effects happen in the system phase so PS1 ships cant punk Aces as easily.

If you make it actionless sure.

In terms of my favourite pilots it's a tie between Guri and 4-Lom. Guri is just so manoeuvrable that you can't pin her down outside of Soontir Fell with decent damage output thanks to the bonus focus. 4-Lom is just so annoying as a blocker, against lists with just 2 ships i can be quite hard to remove him quickly as well.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Im gonna be the odd one out and say Redline goes unchanged. Is he good? Yeah but hes not really defining the meta yet as we dont really have one yet.

He went from effectively unplayed in 1e to being in half the top lists at Coruscant for Imps, basically. While nothing, so far, is as meta warping in 2e as Palp aces, jumps, or OG Whisper were in their respective heydays, Redline is definitely part of the meta and is something good players are taking into account when list building.

For Imps right now, I'd say the only ship that's definitely better than Redline is Whisper. Redline falls in just behind with Sloane, Soontir, Duchess, Sai, Jendon, etc. Those ships/cards are absolutely part of defining the meta.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

System open:

And the playmats

I'll be at the Phoenix one. Last year's was the first big showing of Fenn/Ghost lists so it was pretty crappy to play in!

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Yeah I'm definitely buying the mat at Adepticon this upcoming year, last year's Mandalore one was pretty lame and I skipped on it.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I want to put googly eyes on both Yavin and the Death Star SO BAD

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Icon Of Sin posted:

Seyn Marana and Marksmanship. Having Gideon Hask as a wingman can turn things into a comedy real quick-like. Having Del Meeko and Iden nearby can make the squadron ridiculously durable, too.

Or add Rexler and Howlrunner.

It's loading a lot onto a gimmick but when it works it's pure comedy.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Thane Kyrell (48)
Trick Shot (1)
Proton Torpedoes (9)
R2 Astromech (6)
Afterburners (8)
Servomotor S-foils (0)

Lando Calrissian (92)
Intimidation (3)
Hotshot Gunner (7)
Jyn Erso (2)
Nien Nunb (5)
Engine Upgrade (9)
Millennium Falcon (6)
Rigged Cargo Chute (4)

Total: 200

2 ships feels like a bad idea; an Intimidation Falcon even more so. What's a little fun with a Falcon worth, though?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/10/24/a-new-classic/

New Poe and BB-8/Black One seem a lot less interesting

alg fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Oct 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Poe just gets PTL, which yeah, I guess it's okay but I liked his old ability let his ship be really survivable and have decent offense. BB8 is just a straight up downgrade.

Is there no Jess Pava anymore?