Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Pile Of Garbage posted:

:siren::siren::siren: ON MY NEXT TURN I INTEND TO CONVENE THE PLANETARY COUNCIL TO ELECT A PLANETARY GOVERNOR so start scheming! :siren::siren::siren:

I hope that I can count on my Pact Brothers and Sisters to side with myself, Chairman Yang of the Wu-Tang Hive, in the upcoming election. Remember my recent generosity and know that more will follow! Together we will create a perfect society and work to alleviate the burdensome impact of egregious regulation by repealing UN Charter bans on atrocities.
also this guy is trying to get me detained by the tsa? can you really trust someone who wants to make these turns even longer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

wait what!? these accusations are baseless!!!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

A vote for Zakharov is a vote for progress!

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Pile Of Garbage posted:

wait what!? these accusations are baseless!!!
https://twitter.com/garbagedotnet/status/1052972692087795712

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

the year is now 2136

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
what cool names have the other factions given their bases

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

El_Elegante posted:

what cool names have the other factions given their bases
miriam's using trump-themed ones, I'm using the default because I'm boring

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

- killed a worm
- built a forest
- thought a bit about where to put the next base

i have THREE planetary council votes and i will NOT be giving them up lightly!

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Glorgnole posted:

- killed a worm
- built a forest

thx for killing that worm

also I don't have evryone's commlink

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Glorgnole posted:

- killed a worm
- built a forest

glorgnole is real good at naming. three cheers for the good names

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

SmokaDustbowl posted:

thx for killing that worm

also I don't have evryone's commlink
you don't have everyone's commlink frequency because yang refuses to share them with you. he thinks you can't be trusted. but you know who did share commlink frequencies with you, and without demanding anything in return? that's right, your good friend corazón santiago. unlike the human hive, the spartan federation believes that open communication channels are the first step towards prosperity. vote with your heart -- vote corazón. thank you.

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Oct 21, 2018

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

anthonypants posted:

you don't have everyone's commlink frequency because yang refuses to share them with you. he thinks you can't be trusted. but you know who did share commlink frequencies with you, and without demanding anything in return? that's right, your good friend corazón santiago. unlike the human hive, the spartan certain believes that open communication channels are the first step towards prosperity. vote with your heart -- vote corazón. thank you.

I don't care as long as you gently caress up the human hive and stay off the oceans

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I don't care as long as you gently caress up the human hive and stay off the oceans

good variety of speculative political platforms represented so far

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I’m on a plane I’ll send on the turn once I’m home

Anyway, Zakharov means progress, all we want is free hand to pursue all the research goals we choose - we have no interest in conquest, only peaceful scientific achievement. If in charge, we will endeavor to keep Planet stable and peaceful. We will also share humanitarian resources and technology if necessary and will promote sharing such developments between all factions. vote for us

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol again at Ligma Falls

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

lol again at Ligma Falls

lol

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

lol

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

what no, that must be some other Pile Of Garbage!

anthonypants posted:

you don't have everyone's commlink frequency because yang refuses to share them with you. he thinks you can't be trusted. but you know who did share commlink frequencies with you, and without demanding anything in return? that's right, your good friend corazón santiago. unlike the human hive, the spartan federation believes that open communication channels are the first step towards prosperity. vote with your heart -- vote corazón. thank you.

everyone gets all comm frequencies when i kick off the election! so there!!!

SmokaDustbowl posted:

i'll agree to stay off the oceans if you vote for me.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

lol again at Ligma Falls

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

:siren: The Planetary Council has convened and the race for Planetary Governor is underway!!! :siren:

Here are your candidates:

Captain Ulrik "SmokaDustbowl" Svensgaard, Commander of the Nautilus Pirates

quote:

"The sea ... vast, mysterious ... and full of wealth! And the nations of Planet send their trade across it without a thought. Well, the sea doesn't care about them, so it lets them pass. But we can give the sea a little hand in teaching the landlubbers a lesson in humility."

-- Captain Ulrik Svensgaard, "The Ripple and the Wave"

Colonel Corazón "anthonypants" Santiago, Commander of the Spartan Federation

quote:

"Superior training and superior weaponry have, when taken together, a geometric effect on overall military strength. Well-trained, well-equipped troops can stand up to many more times their lesser brethren than linear arithmetic would seem to indicate."

-- Col. Corazon Santiago, "Spartan Battle Manual"

Academician Prokhor "Luigi Thirty" Zakharov, Commander of the University of Planet

quote:

"The substructure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons, and behind electrons quarks. Each layer unraveled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."

-- Prokhor Zakharov, "For I Have Tasted The Fruit"

As I am not in the running I have decided to throw my support behind Colonel Santiago! Good luck everyone!

Pile Of Garbage fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Oct 23, 2018

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
nice, i'm up to five votes now

i believe you all know where santiago stands, but let me be clear: corazón santiago stands with her friends. thank you.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
so here's how the vote looks at the end of year of our mission 2136

if everyone remaining votes for zakharov (luigi thirty) or svensgaard (smoka), they'll win
or if dierdre abstains and both of them vote for svensgaard, he'll win
but, if any one member votes for me, i'll win

here's the chart

the year is now 2137

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

the gaians are the planet ca 2136 equivalent of temporarily embarrassed millionaires and will be voting accordingly

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Fine, see if I save you when Santiago runs train on her continent :mad:

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

i discovered BIOGENETICS, so i can finally go into the recycling tanks and become one with all the people

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

"Why Am I Being Marauded by Pirates?", Asks Faction Leader Who Voted For Pirate

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
it's a shame nobody tried to sell their vote to me, i feel like you guys aren't getting into the meta. maybe that'll come later. or maybe you're all conspiring against me.

Luigi Thirty posted:

excuse you, this train kills fungal towers

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
also, reminder: the one-year anniversary of the game will be on or around november 10

Glorgnole posted:

if we successfully hold a planetary governor election before the 1-year anniversary, I'll make a commemorative Best Space Move gang tag

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

anthonypants posted:

also, reminder: the one-year anniversary of the game will be on or around november 10

i need artistic inspiration so it'll be a sec

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

:siren: The votes are in and your new Planetary Governor is Colonel Corazón "anthonypants" Santiago, Commander of the Spartan Federation!!! :siren:

May Colonel Santiago usher in a new age of prosperity...by salvaging the Unity fusion core ASAP!

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Pile Of Garbage posted:

:siren: The votes are in and your new Planetary Governor is Colonel Corazón "anthonypants" Santiago, Commander of the Spartan Federation!!! :siren:

May Colonel Santiago usher in a new age of prosperity...by salvaging the Unity fusion core ASAP!
where is the vote breakdown

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Glorgnole posted:

i'll purchase said gang tags for anyone currently playing who wants one (so no old alias or sagebrush!)

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

anthonypants posted:

where is the vote breakdown

it didn't show me one, that's the only pop-up i got :(

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Pile Of Garbage posted:

it didn't show me one, that's the only pop-up i got :(
guess i'll have to assume smoka and glorgnole voted for smoka and luigi 30 voted for luigi 30. that's a shame

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

iirc it was Santiago 19, boat guy 12, Zakharov 5

I had the final vote I can post a screenshot of the voting later if it lets me

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Glorgnole posted:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Luigi Thirty posted:

iirc it was Santiago 19, boat guy 12, Zakharov 5

I had the final vote I can post a screenshot of the voting later if it lets me
i think that's too many votes, but i'd believe santiago 13 and the rest of those numbers

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
does alien crossfire have the malicious option of destroying the unity core? or does it always remain out of reach if the guvna never calls a vote?

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

El_Elegante posted:

does alien crossfire have the malicious option of destroying the unity core? or does it always remain out of reach if the guvna never calls a vote?

nah that's in the base game ofc we're also playing crossfire. also i don't think it's as heinous as you think, it's literally just ~+100 energy for each faction

unless you're thinking of removing sanctions lol... http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Planetary_Council_(SMAC)

Pile Of Garbage fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Oct 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
hm, don’t know why I thought it was 500