Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

Is UzaMaid worth watching despite the loli obsession?

My understanding is that it features some of studio Dogakobo's finest animation alongside the ceaseless gags about how the maid is lusting after a grade schooler, so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ibblebibble posted:

Is UzaMaid worth watching despite the loli obsession?

:chloe:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

My understanding is that it features some of studio Dogakobo's finest animation alongside the ceaseless gags about how the maid is lusting after a grade schooler, so

Guess not. I could have handled a joke or two per episode, but not if it's constant. Shame, people say the rest of the comedy is good.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i think the jokes are good and funny, but i'm a broken person and like terrible black comedy that makes fun of the worst things the most so :shrug:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Truga posted:

i think the jokes are good and funny, but i'm a broken person and like terrible black comedy that makes fun of the worst things the most so :shrug:
:same:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

That's kinda my sense of humour as well. I guess I'll watch a couple of episodes myself then.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Plz do not post about the lolicon show ty

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3n76fmP9Og

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Charlz Guybon posted:

The Gods who made the world are explicitly presented as D&D players invested in the central conflict between the forces of light and the demon lords and are completely uninterested in the socialogical ramifications of the grim dark setting they threw together to serve as a background. It doesn't make sense because the powers that be just don't care enough to make it do so.

If you're a teenager playing with your friends in Mom's basement that's fine. Nobody expects the DM to present a detailed monograph on the society they created. If your an NPC living in that society though it sucks rear end.

EDIT: And of course a couple of pages later I see that posting about it was made illegal. <_<

they gassed the goblin slayer thread so youre allowed to post about it here again

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
you could even talk about goblin slayer and uzamaid in the same post

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Charlz Guybon posted:

The Gods who made the world are explicitly presented as D&D players invested in the central conflict between the forces of light and the demon lords and are completely uninterested in the socialogical ramifications of the grim dark setting they threw together to serve as a background. It doesn't make sense because the powers that be just don't care enough to make it do so.

If you're a teenager playing with your friends in Mom's basement that's fine. Nobody expects the DM to present a detailed monograph on the society they created. If your an NPC living in that society though it sucks rear end.

EDIT: And of course a couple of pages later I see that posting about it was made illegal. <_<

Posting about GS isnt illegal, the thread got gassed for being bad in it's own right

This post sums it up nicely

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Gas this thread because the OP pretending to be dense in order to laugh at the bickering generated got old 10 pages ago.

No one is going to convince people who ignore the bad poo poo in this show and enjoy the other elements to stop enjoying it

and no one is going to be able to defend the show enough to get people who think its bad to no longer hate it.

If you just wanna be earnest and discuss it, feel free to do so.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

congratulations to Shichisei no Subaru, which with 58 copies sold in its first week of sales, has had the worst first week sales of an anime ever

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Was it bad or just something that no one cares about? Both?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

DisDisDis posted:

they gassed the goblin slayer thread so youre allowed to post about it here again
Yeah. The Goblin Slayer thread was a loving garbage fire, but if you want to post about the show, you can do so here.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Agronox posted:

It was apparently bad, though the one person who watched it and said it was bad in last season thread didn't elaborate when multiple posters asked why.

Also one of the producers kidnapped a teenage girl. :whitewater:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

UzaMaid: Not As Bad As Goblin Slayer

You'd definitely need a weirdo sense of humour to get into it though, along with being willing to mentally cast the maid as the villain.

Animation is very good at least.

Julias posted:

It was apparently bad, though the one person who watched it and said it was bad in last season thread didn't elaborate when multiple posters asked why.

Also one of the producers kidnapped a teenage girl. :whitewater:

Oh wow, what's the story behind that?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
UzaMaid seems like it could be pretty fun if they ditched the paedophile angle and gave the maid Sousuke Sagara's personality instead.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Darth Walrus posted:

UzaMaid seems like it could be pretty fun if they ditched the paedophile angle and gave the maid Sousuke Sagara's personality instead.

Yeah it'd definitely be way better that way.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

It's literally just happy sugar life s2

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

Agreed.

Will admit, laughed out loud when I saw the maid's in-game avatar just pull out a gun.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Ibblebibble posted:

Agreed.

Will admit, laughed out loud when I saw the maid's in-game avatar just pull out a gun.

Also they literally just used a 100% orange juice sound effect here
https://track9.mixtape.moe/ijggut.webm

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
a lot of sound effects in various industries come from the same stock sound effects sources. there's so many movies and animes where I've heard the doom lift "chlomp" sound in.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I swear that one track in Spyce is almost exactly the Matrix lobby shootout music.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sindai posted:

I swear that one track in Spyce is almost exactly the Matrix lobby shootout music.

Multiple people have said the same thing, it ain't just you

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

RME
Feb 20, 2012

i wish that were me

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Agronox posted:

As possibly the only person on earth who watched it, it was very bad, but not even bad in a funny way.

The plot is a get the band back together story but for an MMO guild that collapsed after one of its members got Black Leaf'd from dying in game. The characters in said guild keep making references to past events that we haven't seen and don't sound terribly interesting even if he had seen them. The main drive of the show itself is love triangles between middle schoolers who are all basically just unhappy due to misunderstanding. Their is a vague badguy conspiracy to do something bad with the kids psychic powers that are only visible while they play the MMO, I think. The show isn't terribly interested in the bad guys and has them get arrested off screen in the last minutes of the final episode.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Futaba Anzu posted:

i know i'm going to catch flak for criticizing this one but that's essentially my one irk about irozoku sekai, that the mc constantly laments losing the color in her life because she hates magic. Except magic has been present in her life and the world as a whole forever so no one would rationally make that judgment, it's weird. It'd be like a millenial kid whining about how electricity and electronics were a mistake and sapped his life of color and meaning. I hope there's some sort of substance or explanation that goes into why she'd make that kind of judgment instead of it just being wholly a romance show from the looks of it.

this is a semi-common sentiment among young people.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh, so while radiant is still deeply unimpressive, i found out that it is made by a french guy. that's neat.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Terrible Opinions posted:

As possibly the only person on earth who watched it, it was very bad, but not even bad in a funny way.

The plot is a get the band back together story but for an MMO guild that collapsed after one of its members got Black Leaf'd from dying in game. The characters in said guild keep making references to past events that we haven't seen and don't sound terribly interesting even if he had seen them. The main drive of the show itself is love triangles between middle schoolers who are all basically just unhappy due to misunderstanding. Their is a vague badguy conspiracy to do something bad with the kids psychic powers that are only visible while they play the MMO, I think. The show isn't terribly interested in the bad guys and has them get arrested off screen in the last minutes of the final episode.

Awesome. Love adaptations where you can tell nobody gave a poo poo.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Turtlicious posted:

this is a semi-common sentiment among young people.

it turns out she's literally physically color blind probably from some magic related incident, so i'm giving the point to them for explaining it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Agronox posted:

Awesome. Love adaptations where you can tell nobody gave a poo poo.

tbh considering tthe original creator's other novels are 99% 'all the girls from my dating sim came to life and want to kiss me!' maybe the original material wasnt great either

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Endorph posted:

tbh considering tthe original creator's other novels are 99% 'all the girls from my dating sim came to life and want to kiss me!' maybe the original material wasnt great either

The fact the original sucks doesn't guarantee that the adaptation will suck.

It does help explain why nobody gave a rat's rear end, though.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Oh, the Phoenix Wright anime started the second season, focusing on game 3. I wonder if they'll call it after this or actually do the Apollo stuff.

I totally forgot how much of a prick Godot is.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yeah when i was replaying it, i actually found him kind of unlikable

stop calling every girl "kitty' or whatever, weirdo

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Congrats to the mom isekai for getting an anime

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Anima Yell: surprisingly wholesome about non-het relationships :v:

Adbot