Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Nope. I found out via Android Police, but all they said was that it was removed.

Edit
AP says this, "Well, it looks like I called it. The listing apparently went up a little too early and was removed from the Play Store overnight. I would hope this means Dead Cells will still be coming to Android. Obviously the pre-registration page wasn't quite ready for the public just yet, but these things tend to be up in the air until the last moment, so who knows what's actually going on behind the scenes. Oh well, at least we got a little sneak peek at what could be coming."

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Oct 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Is there a decent Puzzle and Dragons kinda game out there that replaced P&D? or is that still the go to?

I'm looking for something to play on the couch while watching TV on the tablet. A pseudo Gacha/puzzle game.

I don't intend to spend any cash on it so if the game requires a monetary investment I'll kindly pass.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

I think trying to play Dead Cells on a touchscreen would be really rough.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
A touchscreen does not have the same responsiveness as a controller. Or keyboard.

I'll pass on this due to the difficulty even with a proper controller.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Toy Odyssey is on Android and it's a similar kind of game except it's not nearly as fast or precise as Dead Cells and it's still difficult to control

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

So, my 4 year old son recently learned how to play Trouble (the pop o matic, super simple board game). He uses my android tablet from time to time; any recommended simple classic boardgames on the Play store? Ones that aren't F2P and microtransacted to hell.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/22/17492806/bethesda-lawsuit-warner-bros-westworld-mobile-game-fallout-shelter

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Yeah that was in June - and Bethesda hired a third party dev I think to do that game for them.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Are there any of these browser/tick based games, the ones where you build a base and armies and send them out, that doesn't suck complete rear end?

I kinda like the gameplay but every single one I've found is immediately trying to get me to just buy stuff with money and win. It seems like the most predatory genre.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Pladdicus posted:

Are there any of these browser/tick based games, the ones where you build a base and armies and send them out, that doesn't suck complete rear end?

I kinda like the gameplay but every single one I've found is immediately trying to get me to just buy stuff with money and win. It seems like the most predatory genre.

O game!

https://pioneers.ogame.gameforge.com/

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

VelociBacon posted:

Yeah that was in June - and Bethesda hired a third party dev I think to do that game for them.
What happened in the end?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Croccers posted:

What happened in the end?

I don't think it's been resolved yet.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
The same dev did both games.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I started playing Merchant last night on my phone after seeing it pop up on Steam this weekend and while initially I was thinking "this is it??" I eventually got kind of hooked and ended up staying up into the wee hours of the morning getting my guys leveled up. Are there any decent resources out there for this game as far as guides or tips on what to do/not do? There's an official Wiki but it's god awful.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
What's the best game for playing stuff like Poker and Blackjack?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Pokemon GO but with ghosts Ghostbusters World is out now.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

m.hache posted:

Is there a decent Puzzle and Dragons kinda game out there that replaced P&D? or is that still the go to?

I'm looking for something to play on the couch while watching TV on the tablet. A pseudo Gacha/puzzle game.

I don't intend to spend any cash on it so if the game requires a monetary investment I'll kindly pass.

Puzzle and Dragons is still going. If you haven't played for months/years, there might be some cool new convenience features you haven't seen. There's a thread in this forum for it. (I haven't played for a long time)

There are also a shitload of other gacha games. Some of them ape the P&D gameplay, some don't. I think the latest one to launch that spawned a thread is Dragalia Lost, but that's more an action-RPG than a puzzle game.

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

Anybody playing that Ghostbusters Pokemon Go game? It's pretty fun and generous with the ghosts around you so if you're stuck at work or what not you can still play without walking around. My main question is, one of the daily quests is to destroy three ghosts in battle, but if I don't have an A ranked version of that ghost, I want to catch them to get a chance at one, but I don't see a way to see it's letter ranking until after you capture it, any way to get around that, or should I just take the chance and destroy three just to finish the quest?

edit: I'm also noticing that to complete the meta daily quest, you have to do something called gozer's tower and also participate in pvp, both of which don't unlock until higher levels.

Namaer fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Oct 23, 2018

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

As for semi idle games, anyone playing Soda Dungeon? Still sort of a fun one I let run from time to time. He sort of has save backups working now too finally.

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

EdEddnEddy posted:

As for semi idle games, anyone playing Soda Dungeon? Still sort of a fun one I let run from time to time. He sort of has save backups working now too finally.

I love Soda Dungeon but I wish like hell it could run in the background.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Night of Full moon is cute and great. Scratching that mobile slay the spire itch and apparently made with blessing of dream quest guy

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

mrkillboy posted:

Pokemon GO but with ghosts Ghostbusters World is out now.

Playing this for a couple of days now and I can say it is a better Pokemon Go with a Ghostbusters skin. Pretty smooth game. Capturing is fun. The game also pulls references from all Ghostbusters media and toys before. It rules if you are a fan of Ghostbusters.

And the game has Drool.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Oct 23, 2018

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Mr Hootington posted:

Playing this for a couple of days now and I can say it is a better Pokemon Go with a Ghostbusters skin. Pretty smooth game. Capturing is fun. The game also pulls references from all Ghostbusters media and toys before. It rules if you are a fan of Ghostbusters.

And the game has Drool.

Have you played Jurassic World: Alive? Wondering how it compares to that.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Scipiotik posted:

Have you played Jurassic World: Alive? Wondering how it compares to that.

I did not. Had no interest in Jurassic world: Alive.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Pladdicus posted:

Night of Full moon is cute and great. Scratching that mobile slay the spire itch and apparently made with blessing of dream quest guy

It was fun until I realized i had to spend a decent amount to unlock more classes.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Mr Hootington posted:

And the game has Drool.

Yeah, but what if you're a huuuuuge GB fan, but want gently caress all to do with the gameplay of Pokémon Go?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yeah, but what if you're a huuuuuge GB fan, but want gently caress all to do with the gameplay of Pokémon Go?

There was that Ghostbusters game last console generation

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
So the third in a series of dungeon diving, monster-breeding strategic J+CRPG, Siralim 3, has been out for a few days on mobile. It recently got released fully on Steam. It's only 5 bucks as opposed to the 15 on steam, but if you happen to have both, there is a cross platform cloud feature you could use to play wherever you need to.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Morter posted:

So the third in a series of dungeon diving, monster-breeding strategic J+CRPG, Siralim 3, has been out for a few days on mobile. It recently got released fully on Steam. It's only 5 bucks as opposed to the 15 on steam, but if you happen to have both, there is a cross platform cloud feature you could use to play wherever you need to.

Does this add anything or improve on 2 really?

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

It was fun until I realized i had to spend a decent amount to unlock more classes.

uhhh... wasn't it a buck each for the three other classes?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

overseer07 posted:

uhhh... wasn't it a buck each for the three other classes?

Iirc it has 5 other classes, personally 5 bucks isnt worth it for all the content in the game, it didnt capture me that much

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

I'd say so. It's a lot more accessible, more QoL features and improvements, more detailed/less broken...but here's the sales pitch:

quote:

Q: What's new from Siralim 2?
A: More than we can possibly name here, but just to give you a few examples...

• A whole new story, featuring 15 challenging boss fights!
  • Over 100 new creatures to collect, for a total of 700+ creatures.
  • Fight against other players' creatures in a Tavern Brawl. Unlock exclusive spells such as Vertraag's Vodka and Tartarith's Bangin' Bourbon.
  • Breeding has been overhauled! By popular demand, Gene Strength has been replaced by a new system and there are thousands of new breeding recipes to discover.
  • You can now find 'Singular' versions of the 700+ creatures in the game. Singular creatures are extremely rare and have a different color scheme than non-Singular creatures.
  • New Knowledge System: the more you kill a certain creature, the more you'll learn about it. Eventually, you'll be able to gain more experience points from them, increase their Card drop rate, and even view their Health/Mana bars in battle!
  • Detailed lore has been written for every creature in the game for a total of over 55,000 words!
  • Tons of new end-game systems to provide you with thousands of hours of entertainment, even after you complete the main storyline.
  • Sigils have been overhauled. They are now used as keys to enter Itherian Realms where you can find Itherian Creatures and collect Itherian Artifacts. Itherian Realms have different properties that affect the creatures contained within, as well as the way the Realm itself works. You can modify Sigils to suit your preferences.
  • Find Talismans and upgrade them by conquering the Itherian Realms. These items provide passive boosts to you and your creatures just by having them in your inventory. They can be upgraded forever!
  • New class perks, revamped traits, rebalanced spells, and more!
  • Artifacts have been overhauled, and the Artifacts you find during your travels are now more powerful than the ones you can craft.
  • Spell Gems no longer have auto-casting properties. These properties have been replaced with more interesting ones instead. In addition, you can unlock Spell Gem crafting early on which allows you to modify your Spell Gems.
  • Gods now play a much more important role in the game. Their shops have been revamped, and so has the Avatar system which allows you to use the gods in battle just like normal creatures.
  • Runes you equip can form 'Runewords' that grant additional benefits.
  • Power Balance is GONE! You hated it, so we removed it.
  • Tons of Quality of Life improvements, including a revamped user interface and a faster, more responsive battle system. You can even 'Inspect' your creatures and enemies in battle now!
  • And much, much, MUCH more!

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

And the game has Drool.
Yeah it seems pretty neat actually. The chat censor is super touchy though.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Yeah, it's great. Morter linked the official sell above but it doesn't appear to have any mention of the Macro system, which is amazing and basically every game should have. It lets you basically program your creatures so you can easily set up scripts like "Buff my caster with Multicast and Arcane before casting Chain Lightning on the lowest defense enemy" which is a godsend for setting up more obscure creature builds. Or "Extract any creature which hasn't been extracted."

Also there's a ton of cool endgame stuff, breeding is way less of a pain because there's no gene strength and it's free, so you can easily change around your team or even just roll with a random team of stuff you pulled out of your stable. It's great, if you had any fun at all with the previous game I'd strongly recommend getting it.

My only complaint is that for some reason the Chain Lightning spell has a really long weird pause before it casts on Mobile which doesn't happen on the PC. It's pretty strange.

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!

MORE TAXES WHEN posted:

Yeah, it's great. Morter linked the official sell above but it doesn't appear to have any mention of the Macro system, which is amazing and basically every game should have. It lets you basically program your creatures so you can easily set up scripts like "Buff my caster with Multicast and Arcane before casting Chain Lightning on the lowest defense enemy" which is a godsend for setting up more obscure creature builds. Or "Extract any creature which hasn't been extracted."

Also there's a ton of cool endgame stuff, breeding is way less of a pain because there's no gene strength and it's free, so you can easily change around your team or even just roll with a random team of stuff you pulled out of your stable. It's great, if you had any fun at all with the previous game I'd strongly recommend getting it.

My only complaint is that for some reason the Chain Lightning spell has a really long weird pause before it casts on Mobile which doesn't happen on the PC. It's pretty strange.

How awkward is it to control it with a phone? Debating where I should get this. Another game I wish came out on the Switch..

EDIT: Oh wait, apparently it IS coming on the Switch. Well that's that then.
EDIT2: Ugh, turns out they got rejected by Nintendo so a port isn't certain after all. Guess I might as well get it on the phone if the controls aren't godawful.

Dropbear fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 24, 2018

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Double movement at the start of the game.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Iirc it has 5 other classes, personally 5 bucks isnt worth it for all the content in the game, it didnt capture me that much

...if the game didn't grab you, of course you wouldn't want all the other classes :confused:

I only bought one new class and am still struggling to finish runs. I think the amount of content you get for free is more than generous.

It's certainly better than Kingdom Rush games where you have to pay loving $5 or more for extra heroes

Like yeah the extra heroes are super optional but still, God drat

And they never go on a good sale, in the years I've had those games I've only seen one decent "two heroes for a buck" sale.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

precision posted:

...if the game didn't grab you, of course you wouldn't want all the other classes :confused:

I only bought one new class and am still struggling to finish runs. I think the amount of content you get for free is more than generous.

It's certainly better than Kingdom Rush games where you have to pay loving $5 or more for extra heroes

Like yeah the extra heroes are super optional but still, God drat

And they never go on a good sale, in the years I've had those games I've only seen one decent "two heroes for a buck" sale.

Looks like they just added a bunch of new stuff, too. Or I just unlocked a bunch, I dunno. They definitely upped the speed, which is nice.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

precision posted:

Well yeah. What's confusing, I was just stating my opinion about the game, it's all good man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Mr Hootington posted:

There was that Ghostbusters game last console generation

There was also one this gen, though it is apparently god awful