Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Arist posted:

Nobody ever figured it out and I just remembered I asked people to guess forever ago so the link between Ryuji's Personas is literally just that they're both references to insanely popular manga. That's it.

gently caress, now that you mention that, I just made the connection. Captain Kidd being a pirate links it to One Piece, and Sun Wukong was the original basis for Goku's character in Dragonball...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007
Just gonna leave this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHKc-YXVBhM

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
See, I LIKE seeing Hecate in Persona here, what I am not a fan of is the design. I know Persona and SMT are about as far apart from each other as designs go (though some do intersect, like Pixie, Slime, Loki, the Jack Bros, etc) but I'm more partial (and used to) her more well known classic three-headed Lion-Dog-Horse design. Also she's (somehow) on top of Magic, Ghosts, Witchcraft, etc. A goddess of Childbirth and nurturing the young. Which makes both designs a bit offputing considering how sexualized both of them are.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!

I saw this a few minutes ago and I was going to post it if nobody else had. Morgana must have been pretty frustrated.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Kemix posted:

See, I LIKE seeing Hecate in Persona here, what I am not a fan of is the design. I know Persona and SMT are about as far apart from each other as designs go (though some do intersect, like Pixie, Slime, Loki, the Jack Bros, etc) but I'm more partial (and used to) her more well known classic three-headed Lion-Dog-Horse design. Also she's (somehow) on top of Magic, Ghosts, Witchcraft, etc. A goddess of Childbirth and nurturing the young. Which makes both designs a bit offputing considering how sexualized both of them are.

See, Goddesses of Childbirth are sometimes portrayed in a sexual manner because how else would they be getting those children to give birth to. Also signs of femininity and all that associated stuff.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Speaking of Kamoshida, this is a trailer for the Spin off Persona Q2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ycL7Tf07yI

Superman V: The Quest for Sexual Harassment?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Huh. Interesting. So we're not assembling a team of legendary tricksters as much as we are a team of legendary traitors?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Who's going to be in PQ2? All three modern persona games or only 4&5? Also :lol: Akechi is there. I assume they didn't want to spoil he's the traitor.

Anyway, I hope they mesh the Etrian/Persona battle mechanics somewhat better this time with better encounter and enemy design.
And better balance because Ailment Boost was already insane back in EO4 when it capped at 15% mainclass (10% subclass) so Impure Reach at 30% was simply stupid.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

Omobono posted:

Who's going to be in PQ2? All three modern persona games or only 4&5? Also :lol: Akechi is there. I assume they didn't want to spoil he's the traitor.

Anyway, I hope they mesh the Etrian/Persona battle mechanics somewhat better this time with better encounter and enemy design.
And better balance because Ailment Boost was already insane back in EO4 when it capped at 15% mainclass (10% subclass) so Impure Reach at 30% was simply stupid.

The cast of 3-5 and for the first time ever, featuring the female protagonist from Persona 3 Portable. Regarding Akechi, if Shinjiro can be there of course Akechi naturally will be there too.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Shinjiro wasn't a dirty traitor though.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Omobono posted:

Shinjiro wasn't a dirty traitor though.

That's right. He's just dead.

PQ is in that golden moment where a: all of the party members are available and b: poo poo has not hit the fan. I presume this one will do the same.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I mean, poo poo has already hit the fan by the time Akechi joins. It just hits the fan again once he leaves :v:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

I mean, poo poo has already hit the fan by the time Akechi joins. It just hits the fan again once he leaves :v:

By the time Akechi joins they are already suspicious of him being the traitor so it is more that the amount of poo poo hitting the fan had yet to hit its peak.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

That's going to make PQ-2 funny if Akechi being a traitor comes up.

It probably won't, though.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Kemix posted:

A goddess of Childbirth and nurturing the young. Which makes both designs a bit offputing considering how sexualized both of them are.

Haha how you think mothers happen dude

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

That's going to make PQ-2 funny if Akechi being a traitor comes up.

It probably won't, though.

Q had a subplot on both sides about Ken working past his drive for revenge (amazing what interacting with actual empathetic people can accomplish). Even if they don't ever put into words "Akechi is an evil traitor," they're sure to do something with it.

MightyPretenders fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Oct 21, 2018

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kanji talks Ken out of getting Shinjiro killed (again) and also convinces Goro not to be a traitor.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It may be too late to talk him out of being the traitor as he has already clearly chosen what side he is on before he joins the party.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, Akechi has already killed a number of people by the time he joins the party. Particularly Haru's dad.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yeah, Akechi has already killed a number of people by the time he joins the party. Particularly Haru's dad.

Futaba's Mom too.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
And the principal.

Req.Martyr
May 4, 2016

I don't go by my caste, creed, or religion. My works speak for me.

Presumably the train/bus driver in the opening sequences to. Plus whatever other mental shut downs happened. He's just been murdering a lot of people for a while

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

as well as anyone caught up - that train could've easily derailed and killed a lot more people.

Req.Martyr
May 4, 2016

I don't go by my caste, creed, or religion. My works speak for me.

Calling it now: it didn't only because Akechi isn't actually bad, he just has a vision and is doing bad things for good reasons, it's morally grey, both sides blah blah blah

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
"Just following orders."

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

and the response should be "Cool motive, Still Murder," - I'll be mad if the game softens up on Akechi

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Robindaybird posted:

as well as anyone caught up - that train could've easily derailed and killed a lot more people.

the game goes out of its way to say no one died, which is hella dumb

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Akechi probably has at this point a triple-digit body count. The "let's talk about how evil we are!" conversation implied Shido more or less made it to his current position by climbing the bodies Akechi was piling up with his mental shutdowns. On top of that are the requests by Okumura, the other people who were in Shido's circle like the SIU Director who were presumably also making requests, and the subway incidents.

Akechi is a bonafide mass murderer; I'm not sure how the game could walk that back without caving in on itself.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Anime is very fond of doing exactly that.

That said, I'm willing to wait and see and hope we break his smug face.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Sydin posted:

Akechi probably has at this point a triple-digit body count.

this is probably pushing it, considering that, again, the game waved its hands at the train crash and went "THE PEOPLE ARE FINE THE PEOPLE ARE OK"

my guesstimate's always been closer to 30-40 casualties if only because a man has to sleep sometimes, i mean can you imagine having to infiltrate a new Palace every week, you'd be hearing smooth jazz in your dreams

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Akechi always eats pancakes on the day after a murder

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Akechi would be the type to love Kenny G

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Sydin posted:

Akechi probably has at this point a triple-digit body count. The "let's talk about how evil we are!" conversation implied Shido more or less made it to his current position by climbing the bodies Akechi was piling up with his mental shutdowns. On top of that are the requests by Okumura, the other people who were in Shido's circle like the SIU Director who were presumably also making requests, and the subway incidents.

Akechi is a bonafide mass murderer; I'm not sure how the game could walk that back without caving in on itself.

I didn't play P4 Arena or Ultimax; did they walk back Adachi in those games?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Oxxidation posted:

my guesstimate's always been closer to 30-40 casualties if only because a man has to sleep sometimes, i mean can you imagine having to infiltrate a new Palace every week, you'd be hearing smooth jazz in your dreams

I assumed most of his targets like the school president and the random subway drivers didn't have palaces? Akechi probably just bounced over to Mementos and capped them. So if anything he's hearing the Mementos theme in his dreams. Which, honestly, is kind of a valid excuse for going crazy and murdering a lot of people.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Sydin posted:

I assumed most of his targets like the school president and the random subway drivers didn't have palaces? Akechi probably just bounced over to Mementos and capped them. So if anything he's hearing the Mementos theme in his dreams. Which, honestly, is kind of a valid excuse for going crazy and murdering a lot of people.

i don't think he actually had access to mementos prior to joining up with the PT, that knowledge was limited to morgana and he sure as hell wasn't going to share with akechi

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Solitair posted:

I didn't play P4 Arena or Ultimax; did they walk back Adachi in those games?

Ultimax sort of did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goxEqLDspOA

He quickly decides the guy who broke him out of jail - which he did not want by the way - is an edgelord who's never actually killed anyone before, and decides to make sure he doesn't cross that line.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Oxxidation posted:

i don't think he actually had access to mementos prior to joining up with the PT, that knowledge was limited to morgana and he sure as hell wasn't going to share with akechi

Huh, well if that's the case then random subway drivers having palaces is kinda dumb. The game played it up as a palace only appearing if you had a seriously distorted cognition.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Sydin posted:

Huh, well if that's the case then random subway drivers having palaces is kinda dumb. The game played it up as a palace only appearing if you had a seriously distorted cognition.

I think it is safe to say that he is playing with different rules then we are.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Sydin posted:

distortions aren’t necessarily limited to status and the game is stupid inconsistent with what qualifies as a “serious” distortion anyway, we had several near-literal child slavers as random mementos targets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's also possible that Akechi goes into Momentos and shoots the Shadow of his target dead as opposed to what #Millennials do which is just beat them up.