Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Uncle Ben is available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Hey look, a good idea

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Silk is awesome so I'm down for this.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man, i wanted Silk to be in the MCU. Though I bet that Spider Gwen can't be used by Sony becauase she was created after the deal. But then so was Silk.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Beside having literally the exact same origin from the same exact spider Silk as a character is a lot more separated from Spider-Man than Venom is so this makes more sense to me. Also Silk is a much better character.

Not having JJ will suck though. Although her and JJ’s relationship is really most interesting when comparing it to Peter and JJ’s relationship. JJ immediately loving Silk and proclaiming her and backing her as a superhero after years of making GBS threads on Spidey was a great thing. Although now JJ is all aboard the Spider-Man bandwagon in the comics so it’s less unique there now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Man, i wanted Silk to be in the MCU. Though I bet that Spider Gwen can't be used by Sony becauase she was created after the deal. But then so was Silk.

Those deals cover new creations too.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

X-O posted:

Not having JJ will suck though.

You speak as if JJ wasn't going to get his own movie from Sony. You just know it's gonna happen!

Aphrodite posted:

Those deals cover new creations too.

I wonder how Gwenpool's rights work out; she's ostensibly an original character with origins unrelated to Gwen Stacy or Deadpool, but she's also technically a derivative of both.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Argue posted:

I wonder how Gwenpool's rights work out; she's ostensibly an original character with origins unrelated to Gwen Stacy or Deadpool, but she's also technically a derivative of both.

I don't know what you're talking about, Gwenpool is a real person from our real world, she doesn't have rights like a comic book character! :v:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SonicRulez posted:

People have been predicting the Marvel bubble to pop since Iron Man. Until they have an actual legitimate failure, it just seems silly to me.

Proof that Star Wars fatigue is real but superhero fatigue is fake news: Venom made more money than Solo. :v:

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Wheat Loaf posted:

Proof that Star Wars fatigue is real but superhero fatigue is fake news: Venom made more money than Solo. :v:

Rotten Tomatoes for The Last Jedi
Critics: 91%
Audience: 45%

Rotten Tomatoes for Venom
Critics: 30%
Audience: 88%

Solo won't impact Episode IX but Episode VIII sure will.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I rate the above comment rotten.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
An acquaintance of mine is on holiday and came across the new Spiderman Set In Venice. There was a heap of rubble scattered around. Dunno if that really is a spoiler.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Andrew_1985 posted:

An acquaintance of mine is on holiday and came across the new Spiderman Set In Venice. There was a heap of rubble scattered around. Dunno if that really is a spoiler.

Potentially significant because Spider-Man is known to be vulnerable to bricks.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Potentially significant because Spider-Man is known to be vulnerable to bricks.

Cue the hard-hat Spidey pics

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Holy loving poo poo, can you please stop bringing up Star Wars in every single topic of every single thread?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I’m surprised the Gaga bots haven’t dropped Venom’s lower.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Since cindy was in homecoming i wonder if shes gonna have any crossover with the main Spidey movies or if this is gonna be like a completely separate thing

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Samuringa posted:

Holy loving poo poo, can you please stop bringing up Star Wars in every single topic of every single thread?

I think he has brain problems that make this unpossible

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

Since cindy was in homecoming i wonder if shes gonna have any crossover with the main Spidey movies or if this is gonna be like a completely separate thing

Wait, was she actually credited?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The character is only credited as Cindy.

But they put her in Infinity War too (Ned is the only other Homecoming character in that movie besides her) so if they had plans to use the same actress I wouldn’t be surprised.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Samuringa posted:

I would advise taking this suggestion to heart.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://twitter.com/THR/status/1054441539861123082

Guessing this is due to a combination of factors (the Joker movie coming a month earlier than the original release date, Six Billion Dollar Man being taken off the schedule, Flash production being delayed yet again), and there's no indication that this has anything to do with problems in the production of WW84 itself. Still, the delay leaves WB without a big holiday release for next year, which is curious.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

A summer release is probably better than a holiday release

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Al Borland Corpse posted:

A summer release is probably better than a holiday release

True, it'll be easier to forget anything about it just like the first one because of the usual glut of summer movie releases.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
OK so a wonder woman article showed up in my feed with a picture of Wonder Woman holding two frumpy 80s ladies and I think I just imagined a movie that's way better than what they're planning of the movie focusing on the two ladies entirely with WW like in an encino man role

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Not gonna post it here but there's photos out there of (Avengers 4 spoilers): Gweneth Paltrow in a Rescue suit. Not just in mocap stuff but full suit minus helmet

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is Wonder Woman 1984 a sequel or is it a "reimagining" (i.e. what if Diana had come to man's world in 1984 instead of during World War I) or what?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

RevKrule posted:

Not gonna post it here but there's photos out there of (Avengers 4 spoilers): Gweneth Paltrow in a Rescue suit. Not just in mocap stuff but full suit minus helmet

I've seen leaks of the white and grey costumes all the Avengers seemingly wear (or at least Thor, Rocket, and Cap) when they go in the Quantum Zone and those look cool. Kind of like the suit Hank has the end of Ant-Man and Wasp.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Is Wonder Woman 1984 a sequel or is it a "reimagining" (i.e. what if Diana had come to man's world in 1984 instead of during World War I) or what?

It's a sequel. They've officially ditched the "Diana left the world for a hundred years" thing from BvS.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Like I'm picturing a scene where Diana is sad she doesn't fit in the world anymore and the two 80s girls just take her out to the mall to get perms, fitted for the biggest shoulder pads, and the most ripped tights complimented by the neonest of leg warmers

EDIT: Like you know how in superhero movies now the superhero always almost wears the best most advanced suit for the climax
Wonder Woman's armor has to look like any frame of this video except I guess red and blue and gold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY_bhVSGKEg

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Oct 24, 2018

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!

Calaveron posted:

Like I'm picturing a scene where Diana is sad she doesn't fit in the world anymore and the two 80s girls just take her out to the mall to get perms, fitted for the biggest shoulder pads, and the most ripped tights complimented by the neonest of leg warmers

EDIT: Like you know how in superhero movies now the superhero always almost wears the best most advanced suit for the climax
Wonder Woman's armor has to look like any frame of this video except I guess red and blue and gold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY_bhVSGKEg

Isn’t there a famous 80s X-men comic that’s like exactly this (except obviously not WW).

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Omnomnomnivore posted:

Isn’t there a famous 80s X-men comic that’s like exactly this (except obviously not WW).

Uncanny X-men 244: the first appearance of Jubilee, fittingly enough.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

RevKrule posted:

She has a track record of murdering every villain she has gone up against, Thanos should watch out.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
I just had an epiphany that they aren't gonna release an Avengers trailer until the post-credit scene for Captain Marvel and made myself very sad.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

GLOSS posted:

I just had an epiphany that they aren't gonna release an Avengers trailer until the post-credit scene for Captain Marvel and made myself very sad.

The first Avengers trailer will almost surely be out before then, but it’ll be a teaser. Probably during December sometime. I’d imagine we’ll have a teaser and first trailer before Captain Marvel comes out and then the final trailer after.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

X-O posted:

The first Avengers trailer will almost surely be out before then, but it’ll be a teaser. Probably during December sometime. I’d imagine we’ll have a teaser and first trailer before Captain Marvel comes out and then the final trailer after.

Gonna be the Superbowl man. There's no Star Wars coming out this Christmas.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Jiro posted:

Gonna be the Superbowl man. There's no Star Wars coming out this Christmas.

They have Mary Poppins out though which is expected to do big numbers

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's so hard being incredibly wealthy, we need a special magical nanny to feel happiness, and Lin Manuel Miranda as a chimney sweep she hooks up with on the reg I guess

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:rip: the bad universe :rip:

I really wanted that Bardem Frankenstein’s monster movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

X-O posted:

you forget how ridiculously late the first Infinity War trailer debuted

• Locked thread