Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Got a shiny beldrum but didn't catch enough to fully evolve it. Ah well, first shiny ever, that's something I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Noxville posted:

What’s the best fast move to go with Meteor Mash?

Zen Headbutt, probably. Bullet Punch is pretty mediocre.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Avalerion posted:

The celebi quest wants me to trade. :argh:

Any way to make some kind of secondary dummy account so I can trade with myself or something?

I had to do this 'cause I just moved to a new area and don't really know anyone here yet. But it was pretty easy. I've got an old phone I'm not using anymore, and I let it use my current phone's hotspot for wi-fi. It's a small amount of work to get your new account leveled up to trade, but it doesn't take long at all.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Is the go-tcha sold at GameStop the same as the ones you can get from codejunkies? If so I'm gonna hit GameStop before community day starts and grab one for me and one for my wife.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Vegastar posted:

Zen Headbutt, probably. Bullet Punch is pretty mediocre.

While ZH does more damage it takes quite a lot longer so Bullet Punch does marginally more DPS.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Bullet Punch also has type synergy, it'll be super effective against the same stuff as Meteor Mash and normally you would be choosing an attacker that's super effective.

Not that Steel is super effective against much, but you know

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Untrustable posted:

Is the go-tcha sold at GameStop the same as the ones you can get from codejunkies? If so I'm gonna hit GameStop before community day starts and grab one for me and one for my wife.

Same as far as I can tell. Bought mine at GameStop a few months ago and haven’t looked back.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
I can't leave to go walk around during community day but it's windy so at least the few I might see in my radius here will be weather boosted. Maybe if I'm lucky over the 3 hours I'll get enough candy to evolve one, at least.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Well then.

Here, the Beldum day was... weather spawns? Beldums were more common than usual but to the tune of "hey there's one half a mile away".

At this point, my reaction is just "gently caress Niantic". They couldn't code their way out of a wet paper bag.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Walked about six miles with the dog hitting five pokestops and three gyms in total. 68 beldum, two shinies. I’ve done that same route on other community days and seen maybe a dozen of the special poke, and definitely no shinies. RNG smiled on me today, I guess.

Edit: other than a single kricketot I didn’t see any gen IV spawns so swings and roundabouts I guess

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Managed to get my last 2 7km, 1 10km, and 1 5km egg hatched and got 1 more 10 km egg into the incubator before the event ended.

I was able to evolve 4 non-shiny over 82% metagross (2 were already metangs before the event started). I also evolved my best shiny (78%). Most of my shinies were sub-50% (8 total).

I had to set my gotcha to not automatically catch, because beldums kept running away. I used something like 150-200 ultra balls and every pinap I had.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
For me it was quite productive this time, I got close to 1000 Beldum candies (though I already had 200) and 9 shinies. In both Eevee community days I got one...

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Caught probably around 250ish today at the mall that usually hosts Safari Zone in Europe. Absolutely nuts, and the best part is that because it’s Sunday the stores aren’t allowed to open. It was just thousands of people walking around a closed mall. Like Wheany I also stopped gotchaing after a while because of their run rate.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Prop Wash posted:

Caught probably around 250ish today at the mall that usually hosts Safari Zone in Europe. Absolutely nuts, and the best part is that because it’s Sunday the stores aren’t allowed to open. It was just thousands of people walking around a closed mall. Like Wheany I also stopped gotchaing after a while because of their run rate.
How big is this mall? drat

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Sanford posted:

Walked about six miles with the dog hitting five pokestops and three gyms in total. 68 beldum, two shinies. I’ve done that same route on other community days and seen maybe a dozen of the special poke, and definitely no shinies. RNG smiled on me today, I guess.

Edit: other than a single kricketot I didn’t see any gen IV spawns so swings and roundabouts I guess

Apparently the new weather spawn code seriously hosed with the community day code so now it's even more "where you are determines if you're gently caress outta luck".

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
My weather changed to rain even though there's none and it's still super windy :(
RIP my few would-be boosted beldum.

e: insense has popped a rattata and a male nidoran. I am underwhelmed.

AzureSkye fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Oct 21, 2018

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Incense at my house has yielded a hoot hoot and Rattata

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I was about to post the same, it's windy here but I can't get out because I'm sick. Used an incense and I have gotten Pikachu, Seedot and Furret but no Beldum. I don't even see any on my radar closer than about half a mile

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
"We changed how weather affects spawn rates, is the game playable?"
[tests changes around the company headquarters in san francisco, the city that doesn't have weather] "Looks okay to me" :shrug:

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I'm not even going to catch enough to get a single Metagross and considering I've only ever seen 2 Beldum before this event who knows when I will :argh:

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
We went to a downtown spot and they were everywhere. Best community day I’ve had, usually I get 1, maybe 2 evolves. This one I got 3 and I have 90 candy leftover. Only 1 shiny, but I only ever really want one.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
One shiny from a little over two hours of play, pretty crappy from all my other community days. But....

Zen on a 96%. I'm happy

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

well i caught 10 shinies today, including one with 15/12/15 ivs, another with 87% ivs and then a few non-shinies with great ivs, so now i have 5 metagross' to lay waste with

however gently caress that i found something way cooler while i was out hunting shinies

:3:

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

well i caught 10 shinies today, including one with 15/12/15 ivs, another with 87% ivs and then a few non-shinies with great ivs, so now i have 5 metagross' to lay waste with

however gently caress that i found something way cooler while i was out hunting shinies

:3:

Is that a normal or shiny mantis?

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

I was only able to get in about an hour of catching before getting on a plane. Landed right after community day ended and evolved thinking I was still supposed to be able to get the special move for an hour after. Instead I got earthquake.

Thankfully I evolved one before taking off, but that's still a little annoying.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Caught 4 shiniest without leaving my house, they were spawning like 5 at a time.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Caught a single level 1 shiny 48 CP fully evolved. Got enough candy for two more full evolves with a bit of candy left over to get them both to level 30. Not a bad hour.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Duckman2008 posted:

Is that a normal or shiny mantis?

all mantis' are shiny imo

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

3 shiny, 2 of them over 80%. Another 2 normal ones over 90%. Only enough candy to fully evolve 2 though so I did the 96 normal one and the highest shiny (88).

First hour was windy as hell, then it turned into a blizzard, so I never lost weather boost. I also cant feel my toes, hands or nose.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Praying Mantises are the best bugs. They even make good pets.

And I got enough candy to evolve 7 Metagross, including two high level shinies (67%, 40%) and five other good ones. 91% (a15)/level 19 was my highest IV overall, though.

Oh and I hit 38.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Oct 21, 2018

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
Caught 8 (!) shinies over, idk. 150-200 caught Beldums? Including two in a row at one point, which happened to me last Community Day too. I also seem to routinely catch at least 2-3 more shinies per event than my poke-partner, despite her catching at least another 50 more than me (I tend to stop catching once I've got way more candies than I need).

Pretty weird but I guess RNGesus loves me. (OTOH, none of the shinies were terrifically powerful compared to the regular ones I evolved, so there's that. Have a regular Metagross maxed out at 3386, no idea what IV% that is because I don't rightly care.)

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
3 shinies for me. Evolved Zen+Mash on a 90 vanilla and an 85 shiny. Not bad but I was in a bad area today and had to rely mainly on Incense. Oh well.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
you can hatch shiny beldums, because I was hatching an egg after catching 10 shinies and said "heh, knowing my luck it'll be a shiny beldum"

and then it was :rip:

so i evolved a shiny metagross!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
That went well.

Evolved a set of six ranging from 88-98%, two shiny ones just because, and ended up with a total of twelve shiny Beldums!

Only other thing I could have hoped for was for one of the shinies to have IVs above 60%.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
It was windy for like the first time in months this weekend so luckily we had boosted Beldum for all 3 hours. Got quite a few shinies, one over 700cp. Ended up with 7 Metagross in total, all over 3000cp. Also did a boosted mewtwo raid earlier in the day and got a 100IV that I caught on the last ball.

A good day overall.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I have horrible shiny IV luck as well. My 85% Beldum was a trade reroll.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

I threw a couple 10ks in to incubators as the event started, and 10 minutes later was blessed with a perfect Beldum hatch.

Pretty good community day, all things considered.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I got 13 shinies total. Evolved 6 into meteor mash metagross, to go with my two others. My evolved ones are all between 76 and 93%, with two shinies in there.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
For only having half the community day time free, we did pretty well. Kid got 8 shines to my 4. We had about an hour of windy weather so we got a couple really good non shiny high level ones. I was able to evolve 5 of them. Could've gotten one more if I'd had time to trade back and forth with all the vacation trash mons we saved. Oh well, can level them up with the extra candy at least or use on gen4 stuff that's rare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minty
May 3, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
When the event first started, I caught a Beldum. Looked like a Beldum on the map, looked like a Beldum on the catch screen.

It then somehow turned into The Worst Yanma (IV 0%) after catching. What