Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Lisa's mom has a peach butt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Sagebrush posted:

so in this world does your head shrink as you grow up or what

no its perspective, she has a super long neck mostly hidden behind her head

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
The elephant is a pedophile that is grooming her through her AR goggles.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

queserasera posted:

Lisa's mom has a peach butt.

Mom's butt is delineated with great attention to detail.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

The elephant is a pedophile that is grooming her through her AR goggles.

I figured it for a 419-scam AI, straight out of Accelerando.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
And about a month after the fad has mostly ended, it's Super Hornio Bros 3: The Unauthorized Sequel.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JMS39LF

quote:

Bowsette is sick of peachy princesses and toady attitudes. This female in a half-shell is going to take back the kingdom that was robbed from her, and while she's at it, all their men too.

There is a person standing in her way. The pretentious, Princess Cupcake. Cupcake is ruthless, with a seemingly endless supply of resources, allies, men, and she's just mean-spirited enough to crush Bowsette back to the Trench Kingdom.

Undaunted by Cupcake's show of power, and with the help of her men, Bowsette will battle through each kingdom if she has to and have fun while doing it.

Note: This is a light fantasy story with a reverse Harem, swearing, scenes that don't fade to black, and a mighty princess that shoots fireballs. Not intended for a younger audience.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

She has one arm

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Brawnfire posted:

She has one arm

Here’s hoping the artist was just trying to do a job and excluded it to finish the piece as soon as possible

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

drawing one handed

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Brawnfire posted:

She has one arm

It's a third boob actually

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

divabot posted:

oh hai thread! Did all books become good for the last three months? Surely not!

Fortunately, I'm here to remind you that everything's not just terrible, but weirdly terrible. I dredged the wasteland of Kindle Unlimited books about bitcoins - because I hate myself - and I found this.

"99 Bitcoins and an Elephant" is a book for children about the world of bitcoins in 2028!

Obviously, it's going to be frankly bizarre. It thinks it's a book that is literally, in fact, for children - not a satire of the present in the form of a children's book, like "The Ladybird Book of the Zombie Apocalypse". I was honestly wondering if the elephant was going to be demonstrating the horrible things that can happen if you allow yourself to be socially engineered. And what about a Monero necklace doesn't scream "I'm from the darknets, and I'm here to skin you."

The author is convinced he's telling the kids about the fabulous future world, that's coming just a decade away!

It's not the book it thinks it is. Shiny kiddy cartoons of a dark cyberpunk world, where bitcoiners' dreams of a grim meathook Mad Max petrolpunk world have come true. Everything actually sucks and is broken, but everyone from early childhood wears VR/AR glasses everywhere, all the time, to make the world look less broken and sucky. Then the glasses break, and you get the picture below, which could have been ripped from the pages of "My First Charlie Stross":

The guy who wrote this lives in my neighborhood; we're both on a parents' group on Facebook.

I blocked him because he was so obnoxious about promoting this book.

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

divabot posted:

The author is convinced he's telling the kids about the fabulous future world, that's coming just a decade away!

It's not the book it thinks it is. Shiny kiddy cartoons of a dark cyberpunk world, where bitcoiners' dreams of a grim meathook Mad Max petrolpunk world have come true. Everything actually sucks and is broken, but everyone from early childhood wears VR/AR glasses everywhere, all the time, to make the world look less broken and sucky. Then the glasses break, and you get the picture below, which could have been ripped from the pages of "My First Charlie Stross":

You read the Kickstarter and come across things like this, which makes the entire dystopia kind of sad:

Klckstarter posted:

I wanted to be an author as far back as I can remember, but that desire left me as quickly as it came. Growing up in New York City’s Lower East Side, where there were gritty alleys and tenement-style buildings, I had a lot to worry about. My family and I dodged drug dealers, heard thunderous booms in the evenings, and hung tightly tied plastic bags filled with bread to a nail on the kitchen wall (to prevent rats from feasting while we slept).

But then you read this, and just groan:

Kickstarter posted:

Recently I overheard my kids talking to each other about bitcoin. It was like music to my ears. I wish that I had recorded the conversion, but that moment passed so quickly. Don't let these moments pass you by.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
https://twitter.com/386dx4/status/1055230740663820289

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Jakes may need an education, but Johnstones needs a proofreader.

Tag yourself; I'm the mauraders.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/toyns/status/1023041773914992642

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked
I'm big money ransom.

I'm Knuckles the Walnut.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

C.M. Kruger posted:

quote:

a light fantasy story with a reverse Harem, swearing, scenes that don't fade to black, and a mighty princess that shoots fireballs. Not intended for a younger audience.

:eyepop: If this is the standard prose, I don't want to see the "erotic" parts.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Edit: I can't read.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Nckdictator posted:

Lucky you

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Nckdictator posted:

same?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

This thread must be quite the slog, then

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Brawnfire posted:

This thread must be quite the slog, then

Quite the opposite, good sir

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
TBB Secret Santa gift:

Sham bam bamina! posted:

I apologize for the delay in posting this. Busy schedule and technical difficulties.

I'm 90% sure this guy printed out his manuscript's DOC so he could turn it into a PDF for Lulu with his scanner.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
LIZARD MAN: (MOVES OUT OF THE WAY BACKFLIPPING AND ENGAGED IN ACROBATICS)

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I'm the adversarial and ambiguously gay character that becomes a mystified Lazarus-type warrior with mystical super powers

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Iron Rose posted:

I'm the adversarial and ambiguously gay character that becomes a mystified Lazarus-type warrior with mystical super powers

This isn't the PY posting persona thread!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jerry Cotton posted:

This isn't the PY posting persona thread!

I thought it was the Soul Calibur thread all of a sudden.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The Iron Rose posted:

If we're picking JRPG roles, I'm the healer with a mysterious past and a poorly thought out skill tree

Carnival of Shrews
Mar 27, 2013

You're not David Attenborough

Sham bam bamina! posted:

TBB Secret Santa gift:

PYF terrible book: WE HAVE ARRIVED LADIES AND GENTLEBOTS

Jeffrey Estrella posted:

A strong-willed but often confused single mother of two who is actually an extra-terrestrial with unique abilities and her trusted friends form a heroic endeavour and face off against a powerful law firm with a dark conspiracy dating back to an old war with her kind and they meet the time stone team of Drax, Mercedes and Tina with uplifted James to fight ITOZ the all-powerful darkness and Maggie Wilcox a/k/a the Ice Princess in this fifth and final installation chapter of the Christmas Legend saga.
:eyepop:

Follow-up to 'How Green Was My Valley?' not looking so good:

Also, I recently learned that the fabled Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia volume VI 'Phar - Q - R - Salse' is real, and now I want a copy:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Sham bam bamina! posted:

TBB Secret Santa gift:

The torn out notebook page that's already perforated is really pissing me off

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Carnival of Shrews posted:

Also, I recently learned that the fabled Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia volume VI 'Phar - Q - R - Salse' is real, and now I want a copy:

Celt:Drool is some subtle shade.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I'm "uplifted james " [BACKFLIPS AWAY WITH ACROBATICS]

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Holy poo poo, one of my college professors helped edit this.

Carnival of Shrews
Mar 27, 2013

You're not David Attenborough

C.M. Kruger posted:

LIZARD MAN: (MOVES OUT OF THE WAY BACKFLIPPING AND ENGAGED IN ACROBATICS)

Before commencing your gore-filled rampage, please ensure you are wearing period appropriate beachwear clothing.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ah, the forest swastika. One of many, many lingering jokes the Nazis left behind for us.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I sent this to a goon for secret santa, it's baaaaaad

FrozenVent posted:

So I started reading the Trigger Warning book.

I’m not sure if it’s satirizing the right wing or satirizing college campus safe space culture but I hope to fuuuuuck it’s not earnest.

It’s bad.

I’ll do a let’s read for sure because god drat, the first chapter is the hero rescueing a chick about to get raped by her boyfriend, then getting accused of sexism for getting involved then getting jumped by antifa, and arrested by campus police for inciting a riot.

That’s the first chapter.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I think the I Don't Even Own A Television guys had the right idea when they said they wouldn't do an episode about this. It's just designed to generate outrage and hate reads.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

It's like how retsuprae stalled out on lp mocking once it became clear people were making bad LPs to be on it

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The fact that they invested in printing that lovely book makes me think :brainworms: instead of "for the lulz", unless printing is cheap enough that you can take a risk on fully poo poo on whatever was left of your dead brother's reputation to make a few bucks.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Printing is getting pretty cheap per item, even for smallish batches, but I doubt some shutin would be able to afford distribution.

Anyway, it's apparently published by Kensington Books which is a real publisher (url above barcode), though their catalog is pure trash.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kensington_Books
http://www.kensingtonbooks.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Krankenstyle posted:

though their catalog is pure trash.

Hey they printed a bunch of Philip K Dick books... 60 years ago.

Edit: Oh, they also published Liminal States by SA's own Zach Parsons, which is pretty good.

grittyreboot has a new favorite as of 00:21 on Jan 12, 2019