Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
are there any macguyver isekai series?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

No, but there are definitely some MacGruber isekai series

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Tsurune's first ep was more or less exactly what I expected from the premise 'KyoAni does a show about high school archer boys.' Very, very pretty backgrounds. Minato's scar is metal AF. I've heard of people getting hurt by snapped bowstrings before, but I always got the impression it was more 'I got an ugly welt' than 'my entire side literally got split open like someone got me with a sword.'

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I dunno if a string would do that, but bows themselves can break and that's a lot of energy and sharp ends.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i assumed it was somehow related to his mother's death, like an organ transplant or something

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
same, i was figuring car accident or something of that nature

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

dogsicle posted:

i assumed it was somehow related to his mother's death, like an organ transplant or something

Seemed way too jagged and messy for that. I hadn't considered the possibility of it being the bow itself breaking or some other kind of accident tho.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

i was under the impression that sort of thing is common in kirara shows
Yeah Comic Girls was pretty nice about the one girl going on a date with the shonen manga girl, slow start exists, etc. it's not really surprising.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Snapped bowstrings are no small matter, especially when the bows have high poundage. I've seen a snapped compound before and it was terrifying because those have ridiculously high poundages.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I did not know kyoani was doing something this season cause I guess i dont read

I'll try to watch it

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

This dog makes this the best Kyo Ani show so far

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
At this point I'm 99% sure Bookstore Skeleton is just real stories from when the author worked at a bookstore. It's extremely charming. :skeltal:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
that was really my problem with free and sound eupho

absolutely zero dogs

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Roth posted:

This dog makes this the best Kyo Ani show so far

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

If you don't want to be spoiled on the latest episode of HUGtto Precure, don't watch this clip.
But everyone really should watch this clip.
https://0x0.st/sECX.webm

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sindai posted:

At this point I'm 99% sure Bookstore Skeleton is just real stories from when the author worked at a bookstore. It's extremely charming. :skeltal:
Didn't Honda-san explicitly said it himself that they're all basically true stories?

e: Yeah. He says it in episode 2. So the story about the hot dad who doesn't speak a lick of Japanese looking for some Gintama BL is probably legit. :3:

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Oct 21, 2018

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

I'll take Amazon subtitles for 500, Alex

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:3:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Tsurune is great as expected and I look forward to how to make friends and influence people in HS. Someday we'll get to read the original source LN too.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I was hardly a master at archery when I did it but target panic was a big issue for me as well. Think I'll be keeping an eye on this series (and the manservice).

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

I was hardly a master at archery when I did it but target panic was a big issue for me as well. Think I'll be keeping an eye on this series (and the manservice).

Is Target Panic supposed to be fear of anything in particular (like the bow giving out, loving up the shot, etc), or just a generalized shooting anxiety?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Personally I always found that it was a bit of a mix of anxiety along with not being able to hold my body still very well, but I think it might be different for everyone. I honestly never did look too deep into it.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

show already too real about anime fandom 20 seconds in

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

That was literally a thing that happened to the Comiga mangaka that very season IIRC

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Kaos-chan is a delight.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Ibblebibble posted:

Personally I always found that it was a bit of a mix of anxiety along with not being able to hold my body still very well, but I think it might be different for everyone. I honestly never did look too deep into it.
I was curious since I'd never heard of it before and found this article: https://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/01/sports/olympics/01archery.html

"What if you practice shooting without a target?" was the first thing I thought of and I'm glad to find I'm qualified as a sports psychologist.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
January 2019 is looking up

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2018/10/20/girls-take-over-in-rainy-cocoa-side-g-tv-anime

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Sindai posted:

I was curious since I'd never heard of it before and found this article: https://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/01/sports/olympics/01archery.html

"What if you practice shooting without a target?" was the first thing I thought of and I'm glad to find I'm qualified as a sports psychologist.

The neurological side of it sounds pretty scary ("your archery nerves are burnt out!") but I'm guessing that won't be the issue in a sports anime where it can be solved with the power of friendship or whatever.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
You know, I did not realise until this point how many of this season's standout shows are gay as hell. Double Decker, JoJo, and Thunderbolt Fantasy are self-explanatory, Run With the Wind's author is a literal published scholar on yaoi, and Gridman is quite likely to be the director's genderbent Transformers slashfic. Clearly, correlation equals causation and making anime gayer will also make it better until it collapses into a radiant fabulosity singularity our puny mortal eyes are incapable of processing.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Darth Walrus posted:

Gridman is quite likely to be the director's genderbent Transformers slashfic.

Nani?
Could you, uh, elaborate on that please?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The_White_Crane posted:

Nani?

https://twitter.com/ao_zooora/status/1051129153481654272

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

The_White_Crane posted:

Nani?

The female lead is modelled after Megatron from Transformers: Shattered Glass. The antagonist is modelled after Optimus Prime from the same story. The ED and promo material show them getting very, uh, affectionate with each other.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
Awwww, genderbent as in "made het"? :(

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

The_White_Crane posted:

Awwww, genderbent as in "made het"? :(

Oh no, the villain's a girl too.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
Ohhhhh, that's better.
And maybe the male protag can pair up with the other party member. :3:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's been zero evidence that the ED has anything to do with anything yet so I'm treating it like the first Hyouka ED until I see something to the contrary.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm pretty sure the ED is a gag about instagram

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Darth Walrus posted:

Run With the Wind's author is a literal published scholar on yaoi
amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

show already too real about anime fandom 20 seconds in

That first scene sold me the show, Kaos is so good. The latter half of the episode killed my enthusiasm though. :v: