Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
UCF's AP ranking is more or less right in line or a little higher than where they're at in most of the good computer rankings I've seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Pretty much all you need to know about Houston-Navy (don't actually click on the picture):

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

PostNouveau posted:

Teams with a legitimate beef about the coaches disrespecting them:

Wazzu
UCF
Iowa

Per usual.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

zimbomonkey posted:

UCF. They dropped 2 slots in the coaches poll and stayed steady in the ap, but got jumped by Florida in the AP as OSU fell.

Don't worry, Florida doesn't play ECU they play Georgia so there's a good chance that they will lose.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Kelly Bryant is taking an official visit to Mizzou which would be a nice little coup for Odom if he chooses the Tigers over UNC, Louisville, and Arky

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

It’s going to be Arkansas and we all know it

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

KKKLIP ART posted:

It’s going to be Arkansas and we all know it

I don't think Missouri's going to get him but is there a reason I'm missing that this is the obvious choice?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I happened to have business in Annapolis yesterday and it was a strange trip into a parallel football world. Opposing fans not screaming obscenities at each other, nothing untoward.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

zimbomonkey posted:

UCF. They dropped 2 slots in the coaches poll and stayed steady in the ap, but got jumped by Florida in the AP as OSU fell.

Only AP's son has gotten a rawer deal from the AP Poll.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
Transitive math time...

tOSU < Purdont < EMU < NIU

MACtion binch!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

AsInHowe posted:

I've had multiple people telling at me over the years that Michigan State is the team for conservatives.

both love downplaying sexual assault, makes sense

a god damn idiot
Sep 7, 2006

Raku posted:

3-9 two years in a row, 2-5 right now. So perhaps it remains to be seen.

Quite depressingly this year's team is much improved.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

I don't think Missouri's going to get him but is there a reason I'm missing that this is the obvious choice?

Chad Morris is the head coach and I think he was the OC at Clemson when Bryant got on campus, so there is going to be a lot of familiarity between Bryant and what Morris wants to do on offense and that preexisting relationship too.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

KKKLIP ART posted:

Chad Morris is the head coach and I think he was the OC at Clemson when Bryant got on campus, so there is going to be a lot of familiarity between Bryant and what Morris wants to do on offense and that preexisting relationship too.

He recruited him but never actually coached him if I remember the timeline right

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Will Bryant have 2 more years of eligibility or just one?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Mahoning posted:

Will Bryant have 2 more years of eligibility or just one?

Just 1

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

WaryWarren posted:

Transitive math time...

tOSU < Purdont < EMU < NIU

MACtion binch!

Also:

tOSU < Purdue < Northwestern < Akron < Miami (Ohio)

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Pursureashelldid

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
https://twitter.com/CoachKW7/status/1054170867654184961

believe it or not the heisman debates are still raging in some forums out there

(also this doesn't mention Tua is fresh off his two worst games)

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

<ahem> May I have your attention please.

<deep breath>

North Carolina A&T beat East Carolina beat North Carolina beat Pittsburgh beat Syracuse beat Western Michigan beat Eastern Michigan beat Purdue beat Ohio State, good night everybody

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
USC is planning to start their 3rd string QB this week since the starter is concussed and the backup has broken ribs

Rebuilding year weeeeeeeeeeeeee

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

The Glumslinger posted:

USC is planning to start their 3rd string QB this week since the starter is concussed and the backup has broken ribs

Rebuilding year weeeeeeeeeeeeee

You'll prob get Jeff Brohm out of the deal so maybe it'll be worth it.

Maybe you can get Rondale to transfer.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Jeff Brohm has never worked for USC so they are legally not allowed to hire him. Also he's going to Louisville.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Oct 22, 2018

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

Jeff Brohm has never worked for USC so they are legally not allowed to hire him. Also he's going to Louisville.

Can they afford to fire Petrino now that Schnatter is an avowed, out-and-out racist?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
In honor of Jeff Driskel's regular season NFL debut I'll just link this Spencer Hall thing again.

This time he had nothing to do with the blowout.

e: oops this is the one I meant to link.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Oct 22, 2018

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

zimbomonkey posted:

Think maybe this might have something to do with it

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

LeeMajors posted:

Can they afford to fire Petrino now that Schnatter is an avowed, out-and-out racist?

I dunno don't they still have all that Pizza Hut and KFC money? I just assume buyouts never matter for a major conference team at this point

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

MourningView posted:

I dunno don't they still have all that Pizza Hut and KFC money? I just assume buyouts never matter for a major conference team at this point

I chuckle internally when I hear the name KFC Yum! Center. Also:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The Commonwealth of Kentucky is like a black hole of terrible sports venue names.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

xbilkis posted:

Think maybe this might have something to do with it

Memphis literally hadn't lost a game at home in 2 years. They're a really good home team.

Also if they're holding that against us they need to give equal credit to the shellacking we gave Pittsburgh, a team we destroyed that Notre Dame barely squeaked by.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Strength of schedule is the argument used to exclude the likes of UCF:

https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/fbs/ratings

(I would not be upset if an unbeaten UCF gets the 4-seed).

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/DesmondHoward/status/1054109293514055684

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

LLCoolJD posted:

Strength of schedule is the argument used to exclude the likes of UCF:

https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/fbs/ratings

(I would not be upset if an unbeaten UCF gets the 4-seed).

Something completely outside the team's control is used against them? That's really cool. This is a great sport.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Ahem Number 3 Fighting Irish.

Thank and you.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

zimbomonkey posted:

Something completely outside the team's control is used against them? That's really cool. This is a great sport.

You new to college football?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
If we're lucky Notre Dame will run into Alabama again

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/PlannedSickDays/status/1054076600344629251?s=19

Please update your jokes accordingly. Especially Michigan fans who still pretend Kirk only goes for it on fourth down against them because they can't handle that he just owns them

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
Ya know, I was gonna make an effort post about how mad I am at Greg Schiano's stunning inability to learn how to defend the middle of the field or Urban's inability to figure out a running game that doesn't involve a quarterback carrying 20 times a game, but I'm honestly sort of relieved that the odds are now decent that we won't have to play Bama or Clemson and may have just doomed Notre Dame to getting taken apart in the playoff finally. Truly, this was a selfless act, as one Notre Dame pantsing was enough to help destroy the BCS (also Bama/LSU, but still), so truly we are martyring ourselves for this great sport to make sure we either get an 8-team playoff or at the very least continue to gently caress up Notre Dame's special treatment.

Besides, it's an excuse to maybe take a trip to Pasadena this year as all Big 10 fans should when given the chance. (Please don't make us play Wazzu; they might actually break the single game passing record if that happens.).

(Still probably going to win against Harbaugh on some horseshit fumble recovery that goes out of the end zone for a touchback or something)

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
If y'all win out you're probably still gonna have to go get waxed by Bama sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Have we talked about WKU-ODU yet?

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/10/22/18007100/old-dominion-wku-ending-2018

It was some wild poo poo and totally flew under my my radar.

• Locked thread