Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I watched it, they're wolves, OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sajobi
Feb 7, 2015

Close the world, Open the nExt

Iron Crowned posted:

I watched it, they're wolves, OP

I thought about that, is that really the whole mistery behind their animosity you think?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I know that the good place has been brought up alot but I want to specifically commend it for doing something new every season. The classic hollywood mistake is making a popular thing and then making all the sequels (or later season) simply retread the same ground over and over.

ToxicToast
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks, I'm flattered.
I have been watching Voltron on netflix lately and it is the best children's cartoon I have seen since Avatar the Last Airbender. I wrote it off for so long because I remember the old cheesey original Voltron and I don't like any sentai shows anymore and thought it was just like them but I was wrong.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Agent355 posted:

I know that the good place has been brought up alot but I want to specifically commend it for doing something new every season. The classic hollywood mistake is making a popular thing and then making all the sequels (or later season) simply retread the same ground over and over.

It also reinvents itself on a smaller scale every three or four episodes during those seasons, too, which really helps keep things moving. I think it's one of those rare shows where there's no filler episodes.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Has anyone watched Lore? I used to follow the podcast and it was pretty much guysreadswikipedia.mp3 so the fact he got a tv is show

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

ToxicToast posted:

I have been watching Voltron on netflix lately and it is the best children's cartoon I have seen since Avatar the Last Airbender. I wrote it off for so long because I remember the old cheesey original Voltron and I don't like any sentai shows anymore and thought it was just like them but I was wrong.

That's good to hear.
The first episode is something like 90 minutes and I just couldn't bring myself to watch it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Len posted:

Has anyone watched Lore? I used to follow the podcast and it was pretty much guysreadswikipedia.mp3 so the fact he got a tv is show

We watched the first episode or two, wasn’t great

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Len posted:

I watched one episode but it seemed like "Guy reads wikipedia while paper dolls illustrate what he's saying".

Also I watched a specific Voltron episode(the DnD one) and it was really good.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

jodai posted:

I watched one episode but it seemed like "Guy reads wikipedia while paper dolls illustrate what he's saying".

Also I watched a specific Voltron episode(the DnD one) and it was really good.

There was a goon in a thread that pointed out he once read a creepypasta about a haunted sanitarium because it was on the wiki page during the "research" phase of the episode.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Len posted:

I thought season 1 was mildly interesting. I am 1.5 episodes into season 2 and the format is different and just really boring.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer
I've discovered the appropriately named Shameless in the past month or so. Really enjoying it, although I just finished season 4 and my interest is kind of waning. Not that I haven't enjoyed the episodes, but for the first few seasons I wanted to binge watch it and had to know what happened next, but at some point during season 3 it's become more of an episode here and there show for me. But it's awesome. Way over the top/dramatic, a fun and cringy(in a good way) watch. I had been meaning to start it for a long time, and just never did, definitely worth a watch imo.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
Ron White's got a new comedy special on Netflix, If You'll Quit Listening, I'll Shut Up.

Funny. As. Hell!

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
Apostle on Netflix is a great horror movie. It is super gory and brutal. It is by the same director as The Raid series, and it really shows.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Speaking of the Raid, there’s a movie called “The Night Comes for Us” on Netflix that has Iko Uwais in it, and if you liked the Raid, this movie should be something you would want to watch. I loved it. I would definitely want to buy this on disc.

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick
Castlevania season2 is good

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

om nom nom posted:

I've discovered the appropriately named Shameless in the past month or so. Really enjoying it, although I just finished season 4 and my interest is kind of waning. Not that I haven't enjoyed the episodes, but for the first few seasons I wanted to binge watch it and had to know what happened next, but at some point during season 3 it's become more of an episode here and there show for me. But it's awesome. Way over the top/dramatic, a fun and cringy(in a good way) watch. I had been meaning to start it for a long time, and just never did, definitely worth a watch imo.

I watched all 7-8 seasons, however many are on Netflix and it was enough for me. I know that there's at least one season not on there I think, and Emmy Rossum is leaving the show, but I just can't bring myself to care about it anymore. Everyone on the show is awful (that's the point) to where I wind up with anxiety every time I watch the show. That's great that it's the point of the show for you to not like anyone but it gets to a point where it's just not fun anymore.

volts5000 posted:

Ron White's got a new comedy special on Netflix, If You'll Quit Listening, I'll Shut Up.

Funny. As. Hell!

Haven't watched this yet but I've enjoyed all the stand up they've been putting up recently. Check out the two shows that they have of Daniel Sloss, they're hilarious.

I've watched a couple episodes of Adam Ruins Everything. It's a show where they have some guy take misconceptions and explain why they're wrong - Why the TSA doesn't actually do anything, Why car dealerships are bad, why tamper seals on pill bottles are BS - and present them in the most "Well actually :smug:" way possible. It was interesting for a few minutes but then it completely lost me because I wound up hating the guy. Yes, it's 100% intended and played that way, but after a while it gets really stale.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
There are still some likable characters on Shameless. Carl and Kevin are always entertaining it's just they write the stupidest possible stories for them and then pretend they never happened. But yeah pretty much everybody else is just miserable all the time and that gets really tiring to watch. I still like the show, but I really don't understand the decisions their writers/showrunner make sometimes (all the time).

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Pasketti posted:

Do they actually make it into Dracula's Castle this season?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Pasketti posted:

It really is.

I find the pacing a little bit weird. The season is 8 episodes long, the final episode is really just an epilogue, and they don't actually assault the castle until episode 6 or 7, so it feels like they almost win too effortlessly. I would've loved maybe 1 less episode of set up and one more episode of trying to overcome some poo poo in the castle, other than that it owns.

Also I got super nostalgic when they played the good poo poo during one of the fight scenes late in the season. Since it came so late and built up slowly it really felt earned to just cash in on a nostalgia boner like that, so I'm okay with it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Watching it now and I never pictured Trevor and Alucard as ultra witty types

Edit: they may have been ultra witty in season one but I don't remember it

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Len posted:

Watching it now and I never pictured Trevor and Alucard as ultra witty types

Edit: they may have been ultra witty in season one but I don't remember it

Does witty mean "has a big neck"? Because that's how they're portrayed in the games lately. Also as I recall from the second NES one if the intelligence of the player is reflected in the character they pretty dumb :shrug:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

syscall girl posted:

Does witty mean "has a big neck"? Because that's how they're portrayed in the games lately. Also as I recall from the second NES one if the intelligence of the player is reflected in the character they pretty dumb :shrug:

I guess snarky would have been a better word choice? He and Alucard trade insults like a Sam's Choice Dante. I mean Castlevania doesn't have a long history of great writing but they're typically less intentionally comical.

Personally my favorite line is Leon Belmont threatening to kill the night. It beats out the miserable pile of secrets line hands down.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

The Black Stones posted:

Speaking of the Raid, there’s a movie called “The Night Comes for Us” on Netflix that has Iko Uwais in it, and if you liked the Raid, this movie should be something you would want to watch. I loved it. I would definitely want to buy this on disc.

Just finished this and holy poo poo it is amazing, I think I liked it more that The Raid. And I love that movie.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Pasketti posted:

I think it's actually bad, especially the animation and voice acting, but goddamn if I'm not going to watch the whole thing and enjoy myself the whole time.

I think it helps to image you're just reading a Warren Ellis comic rather than a cartoon.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Bug Squash posted:

I think it's actually bad, especially the animation and voice acting, but goddamn if I'm not going to watch the whole thing and enjoy myself the whole time.

I think it helps to image you're just reading a Warren Ellis comic rather than a cartoon.

The animation is okay but goddamn I have never heard Peter Stormare phone something in as hard as he did here.

Overall I liked it a lot and the ending was pretty good while setting up another season, but it really did veer hardcore into Ellis Dialog pretty frequently. Which isn't a bad thing, it's just really obvious when it does.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
At some point Hulu quietly added two TBS seasons of American Dad! :3:

NarwhalParty
Jul 23, 2010
Just finish Haunting of Hill House. Definitely recommend. It starts pretty slow, but I got hooked when I started finding all the background stuff.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

:siren: Children of Men is on Netflix :siren:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oneiros posted:

:siren: Children of Men is on Netflix :siren:

Oh hell yeah. I was wanting to watch this yesterday!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

The Good Place is making me miss Reaper and I can't quite explain why.

Man I miss Reaper.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Inzombiac posted:

Oh hell yeah. I was wanting to watch this yesterday!

Watch it with someone that hasn’t seen it before, it’s a great way to experience the movie. I do that at least once a year.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Len posted:

Man I miss Reaper.

!!!
For some reason season 2 isn't anywhere to be found.
It used to be on Netflix but now it's just the first, right?

The new Adam Sandler special is on Netflix and is pretty drat good.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Uhh, season 2 is still there, at least on US netflix.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Queen Combat posted:

Uhh, season 2 is still there, at least on US netflix.

You sure about that? I'm looking now and none of it is there.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
ur poo poo broke

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Len posted:

Man I miss Reaper.

I like to think Reaper and Dead Like Me were in the same universe.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Just finished season 2 of Good Place "Oh let's go over to Hulu and watch season 3"

Because of gently caress youery they don't have episodes 1 or 2 posted anymore.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Hulu is garbage. I 'get' that it's supposed to be like semi-modern with rotating content and 'oh we only have the most recent season' so maybe it works well if you actually watch regular cable. But I don't, so whenever a show looks neat I have to deal with not having the initial seasons to watch. I definitely watch hulu the least out of all the services I have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Agent355 posted:

Hulu is garbage. I 'get' that it's supposed to be like semi-modern with rotating content and 'oh we only have the most recent season' so maybe it works well if you actually watch regular cable. But I don't, so whenever a show looks neat I have to deal with not having the initial seasons to watch. I definitely watch hulu the least out of all the services I have.

If it didnt come bundled with the fiancees spotify we wouldn’t have it because of poo poo like that