Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This show should have a scene with one of the background characters just flicking a zombies head with their finger, causing it's head to squish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Dongattack posted:

loving lmaooo i forgot about that, HOW

HOW

WHY

Clearly, every single one of them is a complete noob when playing Rust. Not that it's too surprising, but yea...kinda awkward given this is supposedly also in the survival genre.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

CrazyLoon posted:

Clearly, every single one of them is a complete noob when playing Rust. Not that it's too surprising, but yea...kinda awkward given this is supposedly also in the survival genre.

Also that the walls were like a big point of pride for alexandria that they had an engineer who could build good walls that wouldn't just fall over from 5 zombies pushing at once lmao

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008
I liked that Alexandria was right next to a quarry and nobody even thought of using that to make concrete or anything.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Satchel and Trunk posted:

I liked that Alexandria was right next to a quarry and nobody even thought of using that to make concrete or anything.
No one gave them a book to tell them to do it.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I wish this show would be exciting. But alas, that would require likable characters facing believable hardships. That's already two things too many for this piece of poo poo show to uphold. Seriously though, who are you supposed to root for in this show? They are all the same interchangeable "bad-rear end" with a different subset of idiotic knacks. I suppose a more accurate term would be bad/rear end. I would root for the zombies but they suck and can only win by cheating.

They should bring back those gamers and their lovely aunt who gave them the book about how to dig a ditch. Those guys sucked so hard that even the normal cast looked good by comparison.

Can't wait to hatewatch the next episode.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/258262904091058176

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Satchel and Trunk posted:

Like all things related to time and distance in this show the quarry has changed it's location to be far away and inaccessible like everything else that is not on-screen at the very moment. Like how the towns are all within walking distance of each other yet did not know of each others existence. That quarry might well be in China now.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The towns people routinely walked between are now all only accessible by car, too.
Pity none of that machinery in the quarry could move some earth and help with the fields.
It's just not in the guide.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Johnny Truant posted:

i have fond memories of the bus full of redshirts that lasted all of five minutes after escaping the prison

I vaguely remember that, how did they all die?

So many bad memories bring brought back and its great. Anyone got a good memory of this show though? mine is the cannibals but mostly because it was so blatantly obvious they were cannibals but there was that one poster in here adamant they weren't. Also the gifs.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

CODChimera posted:

So many bad memories bring brought back and its great. Anyone got a good memory of this show though? mine is the cannibals but mostly because it was so blatantly obvious they were cannibals but there was that one poster in here adamant they weren't. Also the gifs.

I think there was like one zombie in there and they were too dumb to get out of the bus.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

CODChimera posted:

they just kind of stumble upon the bus and it's full of zombies, no real explanation :shrug:

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Johnny Truant posted:

they just kind of stumble upon the bus and it's full of zombies, no real explanation :shrug:

My head canon is that they all took a vote and decided this Rick fellow was bad news, abandoned the bus to throw him of their trail, and are now living in a well ordered and prosperous society that has easily managed the zombie problem in Georgia while Virginia goes to hell.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Johnny Truant posted:

They saw some bullet holes in the back of the bus, and it was full of people that had been sick with the flu.

Make up a fitting explanation in your head, because that's the only way it makes any sense.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

"JEEVES420 posted:

There is no reason to be so combative when someone has a theory that is based off something they missed in a fictional story. Its actually kind of interesting to see where people go with their own spin offs.

"JEEVES420 posted:

It is really disturbing how many of you are hoping for cannibalism when there has been next to no evidence of that is what they are walking into. Something is really wrong with you people.

http://i.imgur.com/A9CQiCD.gifv

"JEEVES420 posted:

Cannibals are one theory (and quite possibly the right one) but lets not call it evidence until the show airs in October and tells us what they are. still holding out hope they dont go the cannibal route

Terminus has meat to share with new arrivals

First episode this season showed Carol handing a plate of meat to Daryl. Must be cannibals

The place seems under-populated (based on the vast map/radio room had only half a dozen people in it) for a place advertising itself as a sanctuary.

Half a dozen people inside, another half a dozen outside at grill, about a dozen on rooftops, and people in the woods. Not to mention they havent showed all of terminus.

Flashback to Rick teaching Carl how to build a snare and catch rabbits. The narrow path that leads to the trap mirrors their attempt to escape Terminus only to be herded by gunshots down a narrow corridor towards the guys waiting in bushes with guns

Trapping people could be for a number of reason. Their safety for one.

People locked in cattle-cars asking to be released

As with last point people could be locked up for turning violent. We saw no aggression until Rick pulled his gun.

Human remains

In a world where people are dying left and right human remains could be anything.

"JEEVES420 posted:

I read those and Kirkman basically said some people are right and some are wrong but he likes reading the theories. With so many people saying they are cannibals I don't doubt that they would go that route to please the masses.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
remember when people thought beth had just decided to leave Darryl and that she wasn't kidnapped, she just dropped her bag because she was in a hurry

https://i.imgur.com/vXaOeq3.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/F1eVHu9.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/LJc2WrK.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/MWy6eo7.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/jiJJ6cJ.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/X2yWSd7.gifv

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Oct 21, 2018

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

moist turtleneck posted:

remember when people thought beth had just decided to leave Darryl and that she wasn't kidnapped, she just dropped her bag because she was in a hurry

https://i.imgur.com/vXaOeq3.gifv

God that whole Beth thing was one of the most badly executed retcons in history. Like obviously the guy living in the funeral home kidnapped her because they made a point of telling us he/she was nearby and what place but a funeral home has cars decked with crosses like that? But lol apparently some hospital pre-zombie decided to have a fleet of cross cars and the cops we're literally going out as far as the rear end end of nowhere to kidnap people.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

galagazombie posted:

God that whole Beth thing was one of the most badly executed retcons in history. Like obviously the guy living in the funeral home kidnapped her because they made a point of telling us he/she was nearby and what place but a funeral home has cars decked with crosses like that? But lol apparently some hospital pre-zombie decided to have a fleet of cross cars and the cops we're literally going out as far as the rear end end of nowhere to kidnap people.

Yeah, I was thinking "it's gotta be a funeral home", but when they showed it was a hospital I was thinking "I guess some hospitals have a cross in the logo" and it shows that making this show makes sense involves a lot of "filling in the gaps and making excuses" mental gymnaistics

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Daryl and Maggie approve of these back-alley Nuremberg trials :commissar:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
A new first-run episode with one post, and that's in its last minute? Rack 'em. We're done here.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

2 more episodes with Rick

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Are they playing red rover or something? What's with this contrived rumble?

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

delfin posted:

A new first-run episode with one post, and that's in its last minute? Rack 'em. We're done here.

Which is weird because the show is good again.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Yeah I loved the last 45 minutes of people posturing amid variations on "this can't work!", "this has to work!", and "will this work!?!". Definitely good, fun, interesting and not at all garbage. Looking forward to the next 15.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
In case I missed something, the group most upset at the "no exceptions" lady are those who, without exception, murdered anybody who washed up on their beach, right?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CODChimera posted:

So many bad memories bring brought back and its great. Anyone got a good memory of this show though?

The first episode. Maybe the whole first season, before I figured out how bad the show was but kept watching anyways. Beyond that just a bunch of unintentional comedy via bad acting, writing and SFX.

TBH it's the only show I've ever hate watched. I usually just stop watching something if it sucks but TWD always ropes me back in, by being such a persistent train wreck.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Thread, are you an A or a B?

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Okay things did happen in the last 10 minutes- this show is almost entirely wheel-spinning and throwaway dialogue at this point, but somehow it's so far up its own rear end that they decided they needed seven extra minutes this week.

ozmunkeh posted:

In case I missed something, the group most upset at the "no exceptions" lady are those who, without exception, murdered anybody who washed up on their beach, right?

Well to be fair that's the point they're beating to death for going on 3 seasons, circle of violence, someone has to break it etc.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

ozmunkeh posted:

Turns out those people really like killing people. Especially those that trespass against them, or on their land.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Jesus gently caress Maggie you went full idiot, well I inspired these nut jobs to do their own vigilante justice guess Rick's way doesn't work despite never living to those ideals, gently caress off

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I think I fell asleep during that episode cause I remember about 10% of it

The Rick happy montage was so fuckin dumb

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

A dialog summary of the first 3 episodes...

We're gonna make this work
No this shits not gonna work
Look, we'll make it work
Na, gently caress those assholes
Look, we'll make it work
Look, we'll make it work
Look, we'll make it work

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I flipped through the ep this morning

Are we supposed to know what A or B means

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

By the way, I'm certainly not saying that all Asian male actors look alike, but was anyone distracted by "not-Glenn" seated next to Maggie while they were driving the cart? Why would they cast an Asian actor who has a goatee and similar haircut to Glenn and put him right next to Maggie in a scene? Just a little weird.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah I thought she was imagining what Glenn would look like and that was just her way of coping

Also those tomatoes looked straight out of the supermarket "greenhouse" section

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

moist turtleneck posted:

I flipped through the ep this morning

Are we supposed to know what A or B means

it means alpha or beta but no, the general audience is not supposed to actually know that yet

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Awn my side

or

Boi you hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

big trivia FAIL posted:

it means alpha or beta but no, the general audience is not supposed to actually know that yet

so is that a reference to the whisperers, or...?