Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

ikanreed posted:

Remember when Howard Dean ran the Democratic party and we got a sense of their vision for what "left" meant

remember the 50 state strategy?
dems dont

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

Nowadays nobody believes me but during Bush-Gore the big meme was "Who can even tell the difference? These guys agree on everything!"

Yeah, I remember that. I still have regrets about voting for Nader, even though the election was stolen anyway.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Witches are trying to hex Brett Kavanaugh and exorcists are trying to counteract their hexes.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Witches are trying to hex Brett Kavanaugh and exorcists are trying to counteract their hexes.

We'll never know if any of them succeeded

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/913068407133736961?s=19

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Volcott posted:

Why didn't they just blow up Klendathu.
the book specifically mentioned that they "didn't have nova bombs yet" for the early offensive, and then weren't willing to kill their POWs later

yes I know this off the top of my head :goonsay:

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

im from your moms house and i say suck all of them off

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

When someone asked trump what his dad would've thought of his presidential run and he said "i think he would've allowed it"

babypolis has issued a correction as of 08:46 on Oct 21, 2018

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Grown adults have made multiple real studies and long effort posts on how ingesting any type of soy turns you into a simpering wimpy cartoon character.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
I've just remembered for the first time in a while that decorated war hero and public servant, the honorable Senator John McCain, is fuckin' dead

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

VROOM VROOM posted:

I've just remembered for the first time in a while that decorated war hero and public servant, the honorable Senator John McCain, is fuckin' dead

and I've just remembered that Roberta McCain, his 106 year old mother, is not

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Will Menaker's grandpa hung out with Trotsky in Mexico, and might have been an unwitting FBI info source.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
bong hits 4 jesus

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

MonsieurChoc posted:

Will Menaker's grandpa hung out with Trotsky in Mexico, and might have been an unwitting FBI info source.

"unwitting"

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Yeah. From the stories he kind of sound slike a loveable doofus, but he could also have been a double agent so who knows.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

The President of the United States of America has a penis that looks like Toad from Mario Kart and this story breaking was serious international news.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Chapo Entrapment House

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Chapo are cops but they're funny cops who pretend to be my friend so I still listen to them.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
doin a buck in the latest drop
i got stopped by amber a'lee frost

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Nowadays nobody believes me but during Bush-Gore the big meme was "Who can even tell the difference? These guys agree on everything!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3dvbM6Pias

RATM made an whole album out of it.

Gore would have invaded Iraq and Afghanistan just the same after 9/11

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
gore picked lieberman and towed the line on the iraq liberation act as part of the clinton admin, but i honestly don't think he would have invaded iraq. that was a PNAC thing and i don't think they would would have had the same purchase in a gore admin than a bush one

who knows tho america sucks so what

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
elections change pretext not policy sorry to inform you

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
[posts excerpts from MGS2]

Basically, as Kojima san laid out in his magnum opus...

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc
randy forbes--my former house rep in virginia and founder of the congressional prayer caucus--saw that his congressional district was going to encompass part of richmond as part of a supreme court-mandated redistricting, so he carpetbagged on over to the 2nd district primary (a district that's 67% white) and got blown out in humiliating fashion by scott taylor

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Modest Mao posted:

elections change pretext not policy sorry to inform you

drat,...blew my mine

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

Did we talk about Vote or Die, where MTV and beloved celebrities like Paris Hilton, Diddy, and 50 Cent were all campaigning to get THE KIDS to turn out against NO FUKK BUSH and they were going to totally swing things, then the election happened and Bush rolled Kerry in embarrassing fashion?

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Can’t change horses midstream.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

marktheando posted:

Can’t change horses midstream.

You can't get fooled again

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Eminem did an anti-war song in like 2006.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Lol i don’t even remember that, off the top of my head anyway

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

ScrubLeague posted:

Eminem did an anti-war song in like 2006.

Square Dance was anti war and came out in 2002.

Then he did Mosh which was more generically anti republican and it sucked in 04.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Oh my god how did I forget about mosh

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

GalacticAcid posted:

Oh my god how did I forget about mosh

Everyone wants to pretend that Encore and Relapse didn't happen.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Fish of hemp posted:

Gore would have had the same national security team as Clinton, so he could have heeded the Al Qaeda warnings and 9/11 could have been prevented.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Did we talk about Vote or Die, where MTV and beloved celebrities like Paris Hilton, Diddy, and 50 Cent were all campaigning to get THE KIDS to turn out against NO FUKK BUSH and they were going to totally swing things, then the election happened and Bush rolled Kerry in embarrassing fashion?

chickenhawk training pilot Bush ran a smear campaign against an American combat veteran, who valiantly defended the lives of those next to him, and then came home and went before congress to protest the illegal war against Vietnam, and yet the election was framed as if Bush was the hypermasculine strongman and Kerry was a huge loving coward

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

Bush rolled Kerry in embarrassing fashion?

lol the gop stole ohio and if they didn't kerry would have won (and inherited the '08 crash resulting in president mccain)

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Fish of hemp posted:

I buy that Gore would have invaded Afghanistan, but Iraq seemed like a combination of Neocon empire building and Dubya's hate-boner for Saddam.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Especially since Iraq had precisely nothing to do with 9/11. The war pretext was a pack of lies so without the Bush white house pushing so hard for it, why would the US even invade Iraq at that time?

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

lol the gop stole ohio and if they didn't kerry would have won (and inherited the '08 crash resulting in president mccain)

it extremely rules that both times W was elected prez the election was stolen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Well Saddam never tried to kill Gore’s dad, as far as I know.