Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Isn't the Royal Volunteer gear re-colored Filibuster sets swapped around to different roles, or am I misremembering?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Monathin posted:

Isn't the Royal Volunteer gear re-colored Filibuster sets swapped around to different roles, or am I misremembering?

nice, didn't know this! that confirms that, yeah, volunteer aiming is filibuster fending, so i was right in thinking this used to be a tank chest

that said the volunteer chest i like is filibuster maiming, so still can't put it on machinist :rolldice:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Kaubocks posted:

also the music in there kinda sucks imo

That's because From Mud is pretty lovely.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

That's because From Mud is pretty lovely.

Yeah I was excited at first cuz dravanian hinterlands has my favorite theme in the game but that quickly turned to disappointment.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Kaubocks posted:

also the music in there kinda sucks imo

it's played over a broken stripmall PA system, of course it's gonna sound bad

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Kaubocks posted:

nice, didn't know this! that confirms that, yeah, volunteer aiming is filibuster fending, so i was right in thinking this used to be a tank chest

that said the volunteer chest i like is filibuster maiming, so still can't put it on machinist :rolldice:

Filibuster aiming is super good and it became Royal Volunteer healing. I'm still after the blue beret.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I changed up my RDM glam.

Yes, I know I'm missing a hat

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

When the hell are they going to do something with Merylwyb? I want to see my good Roe mom do something awesome. Like murder half the empire because she's a goddamn pirate admiral who leads a nation of them.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Kuvo posted:

it's played over a broken stripmall PA system, of course it's gonna sound bad

It was good the first time as it helped set the spooky abandoned zone vibe, but on repeat playthroughs it's now pretty annoying. So of course I now get it constanter in drex instead of The Burn which has the better music.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Now that I'm mostly healing The Burn instead of DPSing I'm realizing how truly hosed that last boss can be, holy poo poo.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jimbot posted:

When the hell are they going to do something with Merylwyb? I want to see my good Roe mom do something awesome. Like murder half the empire because she's a goddamn pirate admiral who leads a nation of them.

They'd better do "not a single drat thing" until they get her original VA back.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Arist posted:

Now that I'm mostly healing The Burn instead of DPSing I'm realizing how truly hosed that last boss can be, holy poo poo.

[Rime Wreath]

[Rime Wreath]

[Rime Wreath]

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

AMISH FRIED PIES posted:

They'd better do "not a single drat thing" until they get her original VA back.

On one hand I'm all :hai: but on another that probably means they'll never use her in any meaningful away again and that's bad.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Jimbot posted:

On one hand I'm all :hai: but on another that probably means they'll never use her in any meaningful away again and that's bad.

A worthy sacrifice.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Arist posted:

Yeah, one of the few bosses I actually ensure I have tetra off cooldown for certain parts, so I don’t die to a big hit, then the dot tick right after. I like when 4mans have some tough healing stuff, though.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

[Rime Wreath]

[Rime Wreath]

[Rime Wreath]

Rime Wreath isn't bad on it's own but then you get hit with the ice breath AND the marker all at once. This guy is the only boss i keept Grit up for a bit longer than i should just to survive all that.

Doesn't help that not only does he Vuln you but you get stuck in ice unable to do anything for a bit if you happen to gently caress up.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The Shame Boy posted:

Rime Wreath isn't bad on it's own but then you get hit with the ice breath AND the marker all at once. This guy is the only boss i keept Grit up for a bit longer than i should just to survive all that.

Doesn't help that not only does he Vuln you but you get stuck in ice unable to do anything for a bit if you happen to gently caress up.

I once got, as DPS, rezzed into the double 8-point markers in that fight, and though I had invulnerability during that time, I still got hit by the ice and the blasts, and took like six vuln ups at once.

I then got one-shotted by the next Rime Wreath from full. :eng99:

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Besides my first run of it, The Burn has mostly been a pleasant experience and I mostly forgot how difficult the last boss is for some pubs, sometimes even being lucky enough to have enough DPS to kill the boss before the final divebomb phase of the fight.

Then I got into a group with a healer red ringing through most of the fight and us losing out on a kill after they got murdered because neither DPS in the group had their limit break on their hotbar.

At level 70.

:shepicide:

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Arist posted:

I've seen a tank get 9 vul stacks there while I dumped cure II on him.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I'm a dumbass

I dont even like it that much compared to the balder tuck.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Do not do Pagos.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Do not do Pagos.

I can't wait until they look at all the achievement data and pat themselves on the back for a job well done with Pagos.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jimbot posted:

Have you ever looked at Merlwyb? She doesn't need to do anything else.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Just noticed in one of the Hall of the Novice DPS trainings they say enemies have "a harder time evading" blows from the back or side. Is that true? Does it actually affect your accuracy at all, or is it just their way of reminding monks and lancers to stay behind enemies?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Maybe back when accuracy was actually a thing? Possibly so

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Yea, when accuracy existed there were different caps for front, flanks, and back/ranged. I don't know if it actually still matters in the case where you're attacking something above your level

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

somepartsareme posted:

Yea, when accuracy existed there were different caps for front, flanks, and back/ranged. I don't know if it actually still matters in the case where you're attacking something above your level

Accuracy still exists, but it's mostly a hidden stat now. But if you've got a level 50 class and try attack a level 70 dummy you'll notice you will miss a lot.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

God Accuracy was such a bad stat.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

somepartsareme posted:

Cool, I figured it was a holdover thing, I'd just somehow not noticed it on my other characters. Was it from pre-2.0 or did it keep going?

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Cool, I figured it was a holdover thing, I'd just somehow not noticed it on my other characters. Was it from pre-2.0 or did it keep going?

it was all the way until stormblood, and it was ridiculously busted forcing healers to meld nothing else iirc

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Shy posted:

it was all the way until stormblood, and it was ridiculously busted forcing healers to meld nothing else iirc
Wow, I never noticed it when I played pre-SB. Maybe because I was always an Arcanist or Scholar.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Wasnt accuracy hosed for healers in Creator so that you needed multiple overmelded pieces if you wanted to hit cap?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Speaking of weird, I just realized Carbuncle's Gust has a cast time of 1 second and a cooldown of 3, which seems like a strange choice.

Edit: I guess it's for people who manually cast it?

Kobata
Oct 11, 2012

BrightWing posted:

Wasnt accuracy hosed for healers in Creator so that you needed multiple overmelded pieces if you wanted to hit cap?

Heavensward accuracy (especially later on, since there were different caps for different things and the requirement went up later on) was basically 'everyone else has so much unavoidably on gear to not worry about it' and 'healers need all the melds'

IIIRC it was around the 3.2 stuff it really started mattering, you could miss with base accuracy in Antitower from rear/magic, by Creator you'd be missing fairly commonly.

I'm fairly certain they do still keep the facing accuracy differences but since accuracy currently is balanced so everyone has 100% from the front at the same level it doesn't come up very often. Mostly just when you've been hit with accuracy down or if you're trying to fight something a few levels above you for some reason.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Already posted this over in the Soul Calibur 6 thread but I figure XIV peeps would also appreciate it. Decided to make our favorite sass master and I'd say it came out pretty well.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Already posted this over in the Soul Calibur 6 thread but I figure XIV peeps would also appreciate it. Decided to make our favorite sass master and I'd say it came out pretty well.

There was a pretty good Lyse posted somewhere in that thread, too

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

People who glam scholars and summoners, what's your usual approach to the book?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

People who glam scholars and summoners, what's your usual approach to the book?

Honestly I just find one book I like and use it for everything. A lot of the books suck.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Yea, most books suck because they spikes or some random attachment that books shouldn't have.

I like the simplicity of the Embossed Book of Silver.

Also my character as a Black Mage:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

FactsAreUseless posted:

Wow, I never noticed it when I played pre-SB. Maybe because I was always an Arcanist or Scholar.

You would have had even less cause to notice it, since if a skill does not have any up-front damage attached to it, such as the case with Bio, it cannot miss.