Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

fknlo posted:

Taurus demon is still wrecking my poo poo. I did just figure out I had points to spend, so hopefully that will help?

Are you plunging attacking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

fknlo posted:

Taurus demon is still wrecking my poo poo. I did just figure out I had points to spend, so hopefully that will help?

if you wanna cheese him, maneuver him so his back is facing a part of the bridge with no wall, if he does a jump backwards he'll just fall off to his death

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Bombadilillo posted:

Are you plunging attacking?

I am not!

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

fknlo posted:

I am not!

Are you confronting the two crossbow skeletons on the matter of being jerks?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I unfortunately had to cheat by looking up online to see where the Spring of Power memory was. Am I the only one who had trouble with that one?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Guy Goodbody posted:

The guy points out that that system creates an easy way to determine the power of any character just by looking at them

Finding innovative ways to present gameplay information visually should be applauded, imo.

Yeah, let's applaud them for objectifying the female leads by focusing your eyes on their tiddies. I hope you aren't being serious.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Andrigaar posted:

Are you confronting the two crossbow skeletons on the matter of being jerks?

I was. It never crossed my mind to run away to climb back up. Took a few tries but that worked! The dragon does not play nice of course. I did somehow make my way back down to the bonfire and spent some souls on points so it wasn't all for nothing

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

fknlo posted:

Absolutely. Without getting into any spoilerish strategies, leveling up improves your attack and defense so grinding up a few levels to make your life easier.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Find my way past the dragon. Decide to go up this tower. Naturally that was the wrong choice. Is that the same guy from the burg or a different one? They both smoked me of course.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

fknlo posted:

Find my way past the dragon. Decide to go up this tower. Naturally that was the wrong choice. Is that the same guy from the burg or a different one? They both smoked me of course.

Different one, the one on the tower is a black knight.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

bushisms.txt posted:

Power creep has a new definition

:vince:

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Crawl remains my favorite multiplayer game. Nothing more fun than local multiplayer when everyone’s drinking (rooftop optional).

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

fknlo posted:

Different. There's a few different versions of that guy, each with a different weapon.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Mega64 posted:

Of course garbage company Matrix Software was involved in this.

wikipedia says they made alundra and also some ff and dq games. what a poo poo hole.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

b_d posted:

wikipedia says they made alundra and also some ff and dq games. what a poo poo hole.

Yeah, but the FF games were those weird looking mobile ports that everyone hated.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Brother Entropy posted:

if you wanna cheese him, maneuver him so his back is facing a part of the bridge with no wall, if he does a jump backwards he'll just fall off to his death

I did this by accident.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

LethalGeek posted:

Edit SE seems way more into listening to feedback these days.

Maybe the Eidos and Enix parts. Square... not so much.
Looking at you, guy in charge of outsourcing ports of old games.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I am also getting wrecked in Dark Souls Switch but I'm gonna blame that on rolling a thief and the controls

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Mister Facetious posted:

Maybe the Eidos and Enix parts. Square... not so much.
Looking at you, guy in charge of outsourcing ports of old games.

At least they fixed Chrono Trigger.

Still waiting for them to fix FF5 and FF6 though.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Is there anything I'd dislike about Valkyria Chronicles 1 coming from VC4? Which is better? I only have vague memories of playing the first few missions of it back when it first came out.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nintendo newsletter has some fun stats at the bottom this month

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Al Borland Corpse posted:

Nintendo newsletter has some fun stats at the bottom this month

Just bring back the Play Log you cowards

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Sakurazuka posted:

Hope you can read Japanese

It'll be translated in like six months, max.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Dark Souls is the kinda game where I'm not gonna buy it yet again on another console (Especially when I never even finished DS3) but if I was at someone's house and they had it on the TV I would absolutely start a new file and see how fast I could go get a black knight weapon

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

bushisms.txt posted:

Power creep has a new definition

:hmmyes:

Argue posted:

Is there anything I'd dislike about Valkyria Chronicles 1 coming from VC4? Which is better? I only have vague memories of playing the first few missions of it back when it first came out.

VC1 has the prohibitively expensive 2 CP to move a tank. You'll also miss the APC and using command movement to move your non scouts around easier.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I wanted to buy Dark Souls on PC, but apparently there's tons of hackers or something who can mess up your game?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Alan_Shore posted:

I wanted to buy Dark Souls on PC, but apparently there's tons of hackers or something who can mess up your game?

There are barely any

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Random Stranger posted:

Different. There's a few different versions of that guy, each with a different weapon.

Gotcha. Shockingly, they both kick my rear end pretty handily.

fknlo fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Oct 22, 2018

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Argue posted:

I'd say VC4 is overall better thanks to its new mechanics, but VC1 is still great. I'd miss the grenadiers a lot if I replayed it but the map design is still really good and I think you'd still enjoy it.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Alan_Shore posted:

I have several hundred hours worth of playing dark souls on pc and I don't recall ever encountering hackers or anything. Like everything on the internet, it's blown way out of proportion.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

THE loving MOON posted:

Eh, Dark Souls 3 is great for a couple playthroughs, but compared against all the neat shenanigans you can get up to with powerstancing and whatnot there's just not as much replay value. Dark Souls 2 is the best at that I think. Easily the worst map though, they made hardly any effort at all to connect the world and it just feels like a series of levels.

I think they've actually come out very recently and talked about how much they cut from DS2. I remember at the time it was incredible obvious but yeah they had a much more ambitious scope than what was realized. For some reason that's the only DS game I never really got into the DLC for and apparently it makes the game much better (+The Scholar stuff they added later) - I think with the Souls games people remember them as they finished their life, not at launch with like half the content and weapons and screwy balance

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Frankston posted:

I have several hundred hours worth of playing dark souls on pc and I don't recall ever encountering hackers or anything. Like everything on the internet, it's blown way out of proportion.

I've seen some people with infinite health in a similar number of hours (across all three games) but that's it

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

punk rebel ecks posted:

I unfortunately had to cheat by looking up online to see where the Spring of Power memory was. Am I the only one who had trouble with that one?
I found that one with little issue, but the one in the random woods took me forever because I never took the roads anywhere near there.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I think they've actually come out very recently and talked about how much they cut from DS2. I remember at the time it was incredible obvious but yeah they had a much more ambitious scope than what was realized. For some reason that's the only DS game I never really got into the DLC for and apparently it makes the game much better (+The Scholar stuff they added later) - I think with the Souls games people remember them as they finished their life, not at launch with like half the content and weapons and screwy balance

DS2 with scholar is arguably a worse game which is impressive, and if that had been my first run through Id have been pissed.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Barudak posted:

DS2 with scholar is arguably a worse game which is impressive, and if that had been my first run through Id have been pissed.

I mean either version is better than DS1.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

iddqd posted:

Crawl remains my favorite multiplayer game. Nothing more fun than local multiplayer when everyone’s drinking (rooftop optional).

It's very good.

Still haven't been able to beat it though. Any time someone tries to go for the boss they just get annihilated.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I've had game-breaking encounters with hackers in two of the Souls games (and several non-game-breaking encounters in all of them) and a friend of mine stopped playing the game after getting invaded and perma-cursed/maggoted/everything in the burg on their first playthrough of DS1.

It's a bit disingenuous to say that hackers aren't a problem because they very much are, especially when they can essentially force you to start the game from scratch (or even get you banned from online). That said, it's already an old game and there aren't like thousands of hackers or anything and you can go through a game just fine without meeting any. Mostly it's a problem when the playerbase spikes, like during the launch of the Remaster on PC when every internet funnyman with cheatengine and a lack of empathy was ruining people's savefiles for laughs.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Do you have to play online? If not, is it much worse playing solo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

No to both