Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Totally normal bowl of veggie chips here:

Sweet potato, daikon, lotus root, pumpkin, potato, carrot, strawberry. Yup, nothing amiss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

bike tory posted:

Sweet potato, daikon, lotus root, pumpkin, potato, carrot, strawberry. Yup, nothing amiss.

Lotus root chips loving own

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

bike tory posted:

I see green beans and zucchini too. I like veggie chips but yeah strawberry seems like it would be too strong and overwhelm all the other flavors. Plus I dont really like dried strawberries, too seedy. I've never had lotus root chips and now I'm curious to try them. Come to think of it I don't think I've ever had lotus root at all.

Today at Target I saw ruffles chips with marinara and mozzarella stick flavor. I was kinda curious but didn't want to commit to a whole bag of them. I'm struggling to imagine that flavor in potato chip form

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yes black people need different hair products.

also this person is amazed at large air filters so like they dumb

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

bike tory posted:

Take out the strawbs and those would be good as hell, provided they’re not over-seasoned.

I’m a big fan of those Terra root vegetable chips, but only the sea salt kind because anything else just completely overpowers them and each chip really does have a unique flavor that stands perfectly well on its own.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

Take out the strawbs and those would be good as hell, provided they’re not over-seasoned.

I’m a big fan of those Terra root vegetable chips, but only the sea salt kind because anything else just completely overpowers them and each chip really does have a unique flavor that stands perfectly well on its own.

Oh they're great, it's just normally I buy a different brand that doesn't have the loving strawberries and idk what these people were thinking. I ended up picking out the strawberries and eating them all at the end which worked. And yes there are green beans and zucchini and also okra, although I don't think you can see the okra

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

A snack that comes with dessert. Hm.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

The kind with the like five different types of beet loving owns bones. I love beet, I love chips, I love beet chips RAH RAH RAH? I guess. IDK.

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

Brawnfire posted:

The kind with the like five different types of beet loving owns bones. I love beet, I love chips, I love beet chips RAH RAH RAH? I guess. IDK.

I wish they would sell a bag of just beet chips.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

They had them at the 7-11 the other day.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Dixville posted:

I see green beans and zucchini too. I like veggie chips but yeah strawberry seems like it would be too strong and overwhelm all the other flavors. Plus I dont really like dried strawberries, too seedy. I've never had lotus root chips and now I'm curious to try them. Come to think of it I don't think I've ever had lotus root at all.

Today at Target I saw ruffles chips with marinara and mozzarella stick flavor. I was kinda curious but didn't want to commit to a whole bag of them. I'm struggling to imagine that flavor in potato chip form

The mozz stick ruffles reminded me of a pizza Pringles when I tried them. They were fine.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
In a German nightclub and the bar sells bottles of caffeinated water. Given the whole clubbing until/past dawn vibe, I guess I see the point but it's still weird.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Danger - Octopus! posted:

In a German nightclub and the bar sells bottles of caffeinated water. Given the whole clubbing until/past dawn vibe, I guess I see the point but it's still weird.

Drop a shot of Jagermeister in and call it a Hydrobomb.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

There are a couple of brands of beet chips, but they're not as good as the beer chips you get in the Terra mix :smith:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Perfect with a lukewarm cup of stewed tea.

Pookah has a new favorite as of 16:13 on Oct 22, 2018

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Pookah posted:

What they serve at Scarfolk council meetings.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Pookah posted:

1300 grams tho. I don't know what it costs, but I bet it's a good value.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pookah posted:

You can actually buy bulk broken cookies/candies, they're intended for restaurant deserts, but you could just eat Oreo dust by the spoonful if you wanted to.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

https://groceries.iceland.co.uk/house-lancaster-broken-biscuit-assortment-1-3kg/p/57245

Only £2.50, but apparently the inner bag is unsealed so your biccies might be a bit stale as well as somewhat broken. I am weirdly tempted - I cannot resist mystery assortments, even though they are almost always disappointing.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

You can actually buy bulk broken cookies/candies, they're intended for restaurant deserts, but you could just eat Oreo dust by the spoonful if you wanted to.

If a restaurant was cheap enough to serve me half a broken cookie for dessert I'd be a little suspicious about what I'd eaten earlier

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Aesop Poprock posted:

If a restaurant was cheap enough to serve me half a broken cookie for dessert I'd be a little suspicious about what I'd eaten earlier

As an ingredient, who orders cookies at a restaurant

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Brawnfire posted:

As an ingredient, who orders cookies at a restaurant

Hey diners sometimes have those big expensive ones that are individually wrapped but I still like the idea of getting served a discount cookie for dessert because it shattered somehow, jerk who went after my joke

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Pookah posted:

I am weirdly tempted - I cannot resist mystery assortments, even though they are almost always disappointing.
There's a bar by my apartment that does $2.50 mystery beers and when my friends and I go there it's all we get after the first beer.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Yawgmoth posted:

There's a bar by my apartment that does $2.50 mystery beers and when my friends and I go there it's all we get after the first beer.

One time I went to a bar and the bartender kept giving these two guys the grossest combinations she could think of. One time they were like "oh that was good!" and so the next shot involved brine from the pickled egg jar.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Pookah posted:

This sounds like a Chinese knock-off of a British punk band

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Iron Crowned posted:

One time I went to a bar and the bartender kept giving these two guys the grossest combinations she could think of. One time they were like "oh that was good!" and so the next shot involved brine from the pickled egg jar.

:yum:

Don't see why pickled egg brine wouldn't be even better

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Yeah picklebacks rule, imo bourbon is the better pairing. Egg brine sounds a little hinky but I'd still try it if offered.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

:swoon:

Picklebacks are amazing.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Iron Crowned posted:

Sounds like a good bar. I have a friend who has the same mental illness as me and after a few good drinks we start asking the bartenders what the most disgusting thing is they can serve us and please make it worse.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Grand Fromage posted:

Sounds like a good bar. I have a friend who has the same mental illness as me and after a few good drinks we start asking the bartenders what the most disgusting thing is they can serve us and please make it worse.

In my younger days, we had what we referred to as 'old 'n dusties'. Basically, if you lost at any number of things, you had to ask for a shot from the dustiest bottle of liquor the bar had.

One time a friend and and I had to do one, and when the bartender found out what an old 'n dusty was, he gave us dice and had us roll three times. The first number gave us the first component, the second roll counted from that bottle to the next one, the third roll was what the mixer was.

Our drink ended up being cinnamon whiskey, watermelon pucker, and unsweetened iced tea.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Pookah posted:

I would eat this entire 1.3kg box of cookies in one sitting, with milk. Just slamming like 2 week's worth of calories in the space of half an hour or so

My partner got given three big boxes of assorted butter/shortbread cookies recently and they lasted like two hours

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

LadyPictureShow posted:

In my younger days, we had what we referred to as 'old 'n dusties'. Basically, if you lost at any number of things, you had to ask for a shot from the dustiest bottle of liquor the bar had.

One time a friend and and I had to do one, and when the bartender found out what an old 'n dusty was, he gave us dice and had us roll three times. The first number gave us the first component, the second roll counted from that bottle to the next one, the third roll was what the mixer was.

Our drink ended up being cinnamon whiskey, watermelon pucker, and unsweetened iced tea.

That is brilliant and horrifying

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

bike tory posted:

I would eat this entire 1.3kg box of cookies in one sitting, with milk. Just slamming like 2 week's worth of calories in the space of half an hour or so

not proud of it, but same.

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

Pookah posted:

I am weirdly tempted - I cannot resist mystery assortments, even though they are almost always disappointing.

At BevMo, bottle breakage was inevitable and we had a shelf out back with all the leftover bottles from six-packs where people stole one or broke a couple. When we had enough, the store manager would put 24 random bottles in a box, tape it up so you couldn't see inside and sell it for like, $18. They never made it to the shop floor because it was ALWAYS worth it and the store employees would buy them up first. You'd get a bunch of Coors or Miller, but then some really awesome craft poo poo.

Best mystery box.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
there used to be that at my local beer store but it was $50 because it's menlo park and we can have nice things but not cheap things

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zipperelli. posted:

:swoon:

Picklebacks are amazing.

I don't even like dill pickles and picklebacks are still somehow the best shot ever

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

bike tory posted:

My partner got given three big boxes of assorted butter/shortbread cookies recently and they lasted like two hours

You're just reminded me of the time I baked a double batch of extra-strong gingernuts for a friend for his birthday because he loves them so much, and when I gave them to him he just sat down and ate about 25 of them in the half hour that followed, then went home and apparently ate a few more.

I got a text later that evening saying that he was dying of gingerbutt, and to please send help.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Pookah posted:

You're just reminded me of the time I baked a double batch of extra-strong gingernuts for a friend for his birthday because he loves them so much, and when I gave them to him he just sat down and ate about 25 of them in the half hour that followed, then went home and apparently ate a few more.

I got a text later that evening saying that he was dying of gingerbutt, and to please send help.

Lol he unintentionally figged himself, drat

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dixville posted:

Lol he unintentionally figged himself, drat

My grandma has a fig tree in her yard, and I used to gorge myself on them every summer as a child, then wonder why I had mudbutt the next day. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pookah posted:

I don't know why but this reminded me of the Christmas where my cousin threw a hissy fit because my grandma didn't buy him a 5lb bag of candied ginger that was on sale and got him a 1lb bag instead

he was like 26