Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Rand Brittain posted:

Thanks!

I think my favorite moment in the comic so far is when Lorn points out that it probably isn't actually necessary to do anything to stop Gastaphar, because he's eventually just going to self-destruct on his own and will probably mostly only hurt people they already don't like, and Astra more or less says "yeah, but I'm going to anyway". That kind of self-awareness makes me smile.

THANK YOU! Astra, Lorn and Ghastaphar's stories will align at a point, but I'm building to something, and I think you already have a feel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Hi everyone! I haven't been around for a while after, er, storming off in a huff.

I'm here to tell you all that I have just launched a kickstarter to reprint my ~award winning~ comic, Garden. It's live now! Go check it out and maybe back it!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1171352004/garden-a-graphic-novel

I made a neat pitch video and everything. I think some of you might like it.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Rand Brittain posted:

She's actually "Carla Rutjen" in the college continuity.

I suppose Ultra Car is actually fairly progressive in that she's one of the first members of the wave of "just because you're genderqueer or whatever, doesn't mean you're a special pure cinnamon bun, and in fact trans folks can be complete assholes just like anybody else."

She's never punished for it, though. Every character in DoA behaves like an insufferable prick, but only a select few get slapped down for it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
An admirable dedication to realism.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
God drat it Kojiro why do your characters have to be so likable it's making it hard for me to stay salty about the fact that we're not currently following Sid and Harry :argh:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Captain Oblivious posted:

God drat it Kojiro why do your characters have to be so likable it's making it hard for me to stay salty about the fact that we're not currently following Wolfe and O'Malley :argh:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Oblivious posted:

God drat it Kojiro why do your characters have to be so likable it's making it hard for me to stay salty about the fact that we're not currently following Ben and Verity having a quiet day :argh:

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
Apologies for my immense cast of apparently likeable fuckups

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Cucumber Quest is back!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
youre comic is good

e: jesus christ i stop reading monster pulse for like 4 updates and its just going full horrible tragedy lmao. this comic has so much pathos

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Oct 22, 2018

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

That's one of those webcomics I should totally read but haven't :smith:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

iospace posted:

That's one of those webcomics I should totally read but haven't :smith:

it sputtered out pretty badly

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Endtown came back today. Greyscale Wally and Marx are walking through a field of candy so there's something subversively ominous about it. :ohdear:

I hope the upcoming chapter is better than the Wolves arc.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oxxidation posted:

it sputtered out pretty badly

where are you getting this idea from lmao

author just needed to take a break because when you make webcomics on any kind of consistent multiweekly schedule you are living and breathing making that webcomic

sometimes you need a vacation after working daily for four years

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Your first mistake was responding to Oxx.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ill make my own posting mistakes ty v much

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Tollymain posted:

ill make my own posting mistakes ty v much

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Tollymain posted:

author just needed to take a break because when you make webcomics on any kind of consistent multiweekly schedule you are living and breathing making that webcomic

i'm not talking about breaks, the strip-to-strip pacing started to suffer badly from chapter 4(?) onward

it suffered from the same issues Paranatural had, they just didn't set in quite as quickly

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Tollymain posted:

She also just put out the new book.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Michael. Stop. Giving. This. Woman. Ideas. YOU. ARE. BAD. AT. THIS!

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

love 2 sin against god

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
What about Rjinder, looking at him right now, suggests that he is good at having good ideas?

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Rand Brittain posted:

What about Rjinder, looking at him right now, suggests that he is good at having good ideas?

He has great skin, and that takes some work.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rand Brittain posted:

I love that him and Lulenski are just this perfect feedback loop of godawful ideas that would have been stopped with the slightest bit of outside scrutiny or oversight and I can't wait for them to destroy each other through their own arrogance and stupidity.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
and desperation, dont forget the desperation

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Never Satisfied has an interesting twist today: http://www.neversatisfiedcomic.com/comic/chapter-7-page-49

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

And of course it is taking a 2 week break! :suicide:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the author had to have laughed evilly irl when they had the idea to throw a break right here

its a really pretty page tho

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

Tollymain posted:

the author had to have laughed evilly irl when they had the idea to throw a break right here

its a really pretty page tho

jokes on them, their tumblr asks have been flooded with people thirsty for old birdman

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

AriadneThread posted:

tumblr... thirsty

But you repeat yourself

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thats on them for drawing him so imo

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
In vaguely-related news, this was the first Giant Days volume I wasn't super impressed with, because somehow the dilemma presented was so ridiculous that it seemed out-of-characterly dumb even for such talented nitwits as Daisy and Ed Gemmel.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Monster Pulse: the longer this goes on, the more I want these two to just loving kill one another already.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

nine-gear scarecrow posted:

Monster Pulse: the longer this goes on, the more I want these two to just loving kill one another already.

I've been hugely enjoying their descent into actual anime villainhood. Like, Shell has developed from an extremely poorly run laboratory with vaguely reasonable goals to building CHAKRA machines and now being the heroic team organization while dangerous ex-members create 'the most complete ghost' and will weaponize it to become a higher level being. Bring on the worst!

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
Christopher Hastings (of the long-since finished Dr. McNinja) is kickstarting a new comic called DRACULAGATE. It seems to be some sort of absurd political comedy of a remote nation of insane, classic monsters mixed with a small office of incompetant government bureaucrats to end a diplomatic incident. It needs ~$8.2k to reach it's goal in the next few days.

You can read the preview pages here. For some reason the first page has smaller text than the rest and you may need to right-click > view image to see it at the proper resolution.

Since it's going to print/.pdf first I guess it isn't really a webcomic but I figured this was the closest place there was to post about it.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

nine-gear scarecrow posted:

Lulenksi:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

https://twitter.com/MagnoliaPearl/status/1057648008962211841

Look! It's Moronception!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
neither do i what show is it referencing

man lulenski really could have used a therapist at some point along the way lmao

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tollymain posted:

neither do i what show is it referencing

man lulenski really could have used a therapist at some point along the way lmao

They're dressed as Arukenimon and Mummymon from Digimon Adventure 02, a pair of villains who were initially presented as a serious threat to the main cast but quickly revealed to be a pair of utter morons in over their heads who start creating monsters they can't control, turn out to be sympathetic yet ultimately unredeemed people, and then die horribly because just can't get off their stupid-track for two seconds to save themselves.

Sound familiar? :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

dont doxx me