Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ligament
Jun 12, 2018
Biscuit Hider

houstonguy posted:

Need to know just how nice of a coat she lost before passing judgement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

El_Elegante posted:

When is the phrase “old souls” NOT a red flag?

When you are the Chosen Undead

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Dragon age 2 is many things (great, amazing) but it's no time sink. You can do a satisfying run in like 14 hours. This was a huge complaint about the game but tbh it's a huge selling point for me

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
14 hours is like one legendary sparkledog finding quest I mean gently caress that

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I decided to search for Halloween.

Halloween Disagreement between me (28M), and my wife (28F)

quote:

So me and my wife had a disagreement on Halloween and want to know what you guys think.

My wife and I stayed home and gave out Halloween candy to the neighbourhood kids. We bought 350 pieces of candy and we both ate about 10 packs for ourselves that night. My wife then picked out about 20 of her favourite candies and set them aside for herself for later consumption over the few days after Halloween.

Our neighbourhood has a lot of kids apparently, and we started to run low on candy. We started giving out less candy per kid, but still eventually ran out after about 125 kids. Kids were still coming, so I decided to give the 20 candy packs that my wife had set aside for herself to the kids instead. Even with this, we ran out.

My wife knew I was doing this and told me not to, and insisted that we just turn the lights off so no more kids would come. I said that Halloween trick or treating is for the kids and that we could buy Halloween candy for our own personal consumption the next day (and that it would be on sale!). She asked me to even just set a few aside for her, but unfortunately I couldn't even do that because a large hoard of kids came all at once and I had to give out all of the candy and even had to turn kids away to their face without giving them anything.

My wife thinks I was wrong to give out the candy she set aside for herself, and I think I'm right to give candy to the kids on Halloween instead of hoarding candy for ourselves that we can easily just drive to the store and purchase whenever we please. To this idea, my wife said she wanted only a handful of candy and didn't want to buy a whole new pack of candy for ourselves, and that we had already given out so much candy that we didn't need to feel bad for turning some kids aside.

Let us know what you think Reddit!

tl;dr: My wife set aside Halloween candy for herself and I gave that candy away to trick or treating children once we ran out of candy. Wife is mad for me giving her personal stash to kids.

What a couple of weenies. Arguing and taking it to Reddit over 20 mini Twix bars or whatever.

Predictably, the responses are all 'you're an rear end in a top hat for giving her candy away, kids don't deserve free candy, buying a bag of the exact same candy isn't the same'.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

PetraCore posted:

I'm sorry for your loss. I don't think you're at fault but it's natural to question what you could have done.

Thanks for the kind words. Realistically, I know I’m not “at fault” but that doesn’t stop it from bothering me. I’m sure it’ll be less itchy after awhile.

loquacius posted:

You can seduce all the Pokemon too if you identify your self-insert as the franchise's rightful protagonist, Ditto

Wasn’t there a fan-made game where you played as Ditto? I didn’t ever actually try it but I saw something about it somewhere on these forums. (Video game hoaxes thread maybe?)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

Predictably, the responses are all 'you're an rear end in a top hat for giving her candy away, kids don't deserve free candy, buying a bag of the exact same candy isn't the same'.

Of course its not the same, the bags you buy after halloween are much cheaper.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

LadyPictureShow posted:

What a couple of weenies. Arguing and taking it to Reddit over 20 mini Twix bars or whatever.

I would love to see how this dude reacts when he and his wife have some sort of genuine conflict.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
My [36M] girlfriend [26F] makes her vagina “talk” to me and will not stop.

quote:

She’s amazing. Cute, funny, emotionally self-aware, great communication skills, everything I’ve ever wanted. She is also quirky and dorky, which is new for me but I enjoy it (after a lifetime of dating “bad bitches” I will now forever endorse dating dorks) —except this one thing. She thinks its incredibly funny to manipulate her vagina and provide a voice for it.

I will be just minding my own business, playing vidya or working on my laptop or whatever and then boom. “HEY HANDSOME HOW WAS YOUR DAY?! ARE YOU HUNGRY?! I BOUGHT CHEEZ-ITS!!”

There she is, dress hiked up, no panties, both hands gripping her vulva a foot from my head and making her lips talk to me in this horrible high-pitched Grover-esque muppet voice.

I thought it was funny. The first half-dozen times. I probably faked it for a dozen more. Now? I can’t even fake a smile. Its just not funny anymore. I’ve tried explaining that it weirds me out, many times, to no avail. I think she views my protests as success of some sort. It’s neverending. Mister Muppet will not die, and at this point it affects how I view her genitals sexually. As in, I don’t anymore.

Vaginas are not that pretty to begin with. Making the meatflaps yell at me in a shrill voice is even worse. Her vagina doesn’t turn me on as a visual anymore because even when I’m horny as hell I just see a muppet. Hell, I can be going down on her and she can be moaning and thrashing and I’m getting into it and in my head I hear “HEY SEXY MAN THAT FEELS AMAZING!!” aaaand I’m soft.

gently caress, man. I adore this girl. I will totally marry her. I will adapt and live with this by sheer force of will but gaaaah I’d rather not. Advice??

UPDATE: Thanks for the super helpful input on my relationship equivalent of a first-world problem. I realized through the comments that the issue was communication on my part—while I’d expressed that I didn’t like it many times I hadn’t gone so far as to explain that it was affecting me sexually out of fear of hurting her feelings, and I had to. Sometimes when you’re in a situation you miss the obvious! I found a gentle way to explain it and was met with immediate understanding. She really is amazing. Date a dork!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

LadyPictureShow posted:

I cannot fathom Internet people sometimes

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

loquacius posted:

I cannot fathom Internet people sometimes

It's not that baffling.

quote:

She asked me to even just set a few aside for her, but unfortunately I couldn't even do that

He's an rear end in a top hat. "Sorry, babe. Love to help you, but I just can't do it." They gave out a ton of candy, and all she asked was that he hang on to a few pieces for her. There shouldn't be any question about this. This shouldn't be a thing where he decides whether or not the grown woman gets to have three or four pieces of candy. She said put it aside, so you put it aside.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Kuros posted:

she should :sever: and find someone who appreciates her talents

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

It's not that baffling.

He's an rear end in a top hat. "Sorry, babe. Love to help you, but I just can't do it." They gave out a ton of candy, and all she asked was that he hang on to a few pieces for her. There shouldn't be any question about this. This shouldn't be a thing where he decides whether or not the grown woman gets to have three or four pieces of candy. She said put it aside, so you put it aside.

counterpoint: they both had already eaten "10 packs" each which is a troublingly vague unit of measure and also halloween is for kids

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Kuros posted:

I see the muppet girl from the weird ex thread has evolved.

Context:

A Fancy Hat posted:

When our relationship started going downhill she'd refuse to address it, but would act it out with stuffed animals. Like, we got in a huge fight once because she got lost driving and called me rather than use a GPS. I was at work and had no idea where she was, and she said stuff like "I'm by a tall building, I can't read it. There's a 2 lane road, where am I???"

So like 3 days later I go see her. I get there and she has these 2 stuffed animals out and starts talking through them.

"La la la oh no, I seem to have taken a wrong turn! I'll ask my boyfriend for help, he's so smart!"

"Rarrggh! I'm mean and awful! gently caress you, gently caress you for daring to bother me! I hope you crash and die!"

"Please, I'm so scared, just help me out!"

"NO! Go away and never come back!"

I should have walked out and never came back at that point, but I stuck around because I was dumb and horny. It took 3 more of those conversations to end it.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Surprised there aren’t more gimmick posters that just paraphrase sitcom plots

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Kuros posted:

You don't deserve her!!

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

adults should probably not play pokemon. not because of the content really but because if you're really playing, you are 100% neglecting real life poo poo because God drat, everything in those games takes a billion years

I did a couple of runs of Emerald/Ruby on an emulator last year and it was fun, but I've no idea why anyone would play it without a fast forward button. Crank the thing up to 2x speed and it was just about tolerable to play (apart from the consequently psycho music). Snails pace at 1x though and it really became an issue in zones with weather effects where every battle became an endless slog of "Its raining! Its sunshine!" nonsense between moves. Just gently caress off and let me catch this sandshrew please.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

It's not that baffling.

Let the children have the candy

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

It's not that baffling.

Counterpoint, the 20 pieces of candy he gave away are easily recouped through buying a small bag of marked down Halloween candy the next day.

Verdict: they're both weenies.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Kuros posted:

Wish you spoilered the ages.

The solution is to fight fire with fire. Every time she puppet masters you, take out your dick to talk back, Bruno style.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Can someone clarify for me why getting replacement candy for cheap the next day "isn't the same," is there like some nostalgia thing about raiding Halloween candy bags as an adult?

Halloween is for children and adults can just buy candy whenever they want, especially clearanced candy, case closed

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

LadyPictureShow posted:

I decided to search for Halloween.

Halloween Disagreement between me (28M), and my wife (28F)

So he's married to Skylark?

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013
yeah sorta, by contractual obligation, etc etc

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

adults should probably not play pokemon. not because of the content really but because if you're really playing, you are 100% neglecting real life poo poo because God drat, everything in those games takes a billion years
It takes like maybe 8 hours to go from start to E4 and maybe 2 hours per pokemon if you wanna get their important stats maxed out. The only way it takes a billion hours is if you're trying to make a team of all perfect stats shiny pokemon. And given that it doesn't have save points, you can literally pull out your 3DS and beat up some mans whenever you have 5-10 minutes to kill. It's a great game because you can dump exactly as much time into it as you want whenever you want to do it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah uh Pokémon are not very long games, especially the old ones.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
She wasn't even going to eat it that night there's literally no downside to buying more. The potential downside of her having to wait to stuff her face didn't matter because she was going to do it anyway.

I have a dog we adopted from a rescue group when she was 2. She had some hosed up former owners who would lock her in her crate and leave for the weekend and just not feed her. She has milder food attachment issues than this woman has with that loving candy. People are hosed up about food.

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013
i think the game will be fun to play once the near-term fun dies down

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I love the contrast between boyfriend's Nintendo 3DS and wife's candy taken from the batch bought for Trick-or-Treaters on Halloween

Goon response to lost 3DS: Lol, now he can abandon childish poo poo like video games :smug:

Goon response to giving away candy taken from the Trick-or-Treat candy: Hey, that's not fair! It's her candy, no matter that the candy is an readily fungible commodity that was originally bought for the kids!!! :btroll:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I mean, the original 3DS post was obviously just someone with anxiety freaking out to the Internet about having hosed something up; we don't even know for sure whether her boyfriend got mad about it at all, let alone whether he got madder than is warranted for a favored expensive electronic device being lost, and the question of Whether Video Games Are For Children doesn't really need to be discussed for anything other than trolling purposes

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
If people are still doing Pokemon chat, I guess I can weigh in, also related to the initial issue: when Pokemon was current and I was a kid, my younger cousin BEGGED me to play my Yellow edition for a bit, just start a new game, run up Route 1, beat up a few trainers, and then turn off. I told him "okay, but you better not loving save over my game". Well guess what he did. I don't even know what the point of him doing that was, not many years later, because it wasn't like I was going to go "okay, well, it's ruined for me now so you can keep it I guess"??? I was super furious because that was a LOT of time I had spent on that down the drain, it was the first Pokemon game I had owned, and all of my mons were just gone. That did sting a lot but I could still grit my teeth about it and not murder my cousin as a boy, so hopefully this guy can also get over it way later in his life.

What was just really stupid of me was me giving my cousin my Gold edition about three years later to "try out" and I told him "swear to God if you erase my game again..." and he was like "yeah, yeah" and of course he did it again. No real remorse, just "whoops I guess I accidentally saved haha dunno how that could have happened". I think he's just a complete shithead and I'm too trusting. Still didn't kill him but he's never getting anything of me again. Last year he was like "can I borrow your car" and I was like "haha no loving way" and he: "you're not still mad about the Pokemon thing aren't you?" and I just glared.

Anyway, I still play Pokemon, ten minutes on the commute unless I bike, then it's ten minutes per day at work during an overlong toilet break. That's plenty to eventually get through the normal game, then I get bored before beating the Elite 4 usually because I didn't grind during the playthrough and they're overleveled for me then. It's a nice brainless thing to relax with before and after work and you can also push A a bunch while watching a movie or something you're not super into. When I was a kid, I used to just grind up ALL the Pokemon because maybe one of them has hidden potential once it reaches Level 30??? (they never did). That took for-loving-ever of course. Nowadays, I just choose whatever I think might be interesting to use and constantly rotate out the old ones and never touch them again. Pokemon takes exactly as long as you want it to, and that's great.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

slash stab posted:

I would love to see how this dude reacts when he and his wife have some sort of genuine conflict.

Candy arguments are the only genuine conflict imo.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Bogus Adventure posted:

I love the contrast between boyfriend's Nintendo 3DS and wife's candy taken from the batch bought for Trick-or-Treaters on Halloween

Goon response to lost 3DS: Lol, now he can abandon childish poo poo like video games :smug:

Goon response to giving away candy taken from the Trick-or-Treat candy: Hey, that's not fair! It's her candy, no matter that the candy is an readily fungible commodity that was originally bought for the kids!!! :btroll:

Are you surprised that goons are misandrist?

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Simply Simon posted:

If people are still doing Pokemon chat, I guess I can weigh in, also related to the initial issue: when Pokemon was current and I was a kid, my younger cousin BEGGED me to play my Yellow edition for a bit, just start a new game, run up Route 1, beat up a few trainers, and then turn off. I told him "okay, but you better not loving save over my game". Well guess what he did. I don't even know what the point of him doing that was, not many years later, because it wasn't like I was going to go "okay, well, it's ruined for me now so you can keep it I guess"??? I was super furious because that was a LOT of time I had spent on that down the drain, it was the first Pokemon game I had owned, and all of my mons were just gone. That did sting a lot but I could still grit my teeth about it and not murder my cousin as a boy, so hopefully this guy can also get over it way later in his life.

What was just really stupid of me was me giving my cousin my Gold edition about three years later to "try out" and I told him "swear to God if you erase my game again..." and he was like "yeah, yeah" and of course he did it again. No real remorse, just "whoops I guess I accidentally saved haha dunno how that could have happened". I think he's just a complete shithead and I'm too trusting. Still didn't kill him but he's never getting anything of me again. Last year he was like "can I borrow your car" and I was like "haha no loving way" and he: "you're not still mad about the Pokemon thing aren't you?" and I just glared.

Anyway, I still play Pokemon, ten minutes on the commute unless I bike, then it's ten minutes per day at work during an overlong toilet break. That's plenty to eventually get through the normal game, then I get bored before beating the Elite 4 usually because I didn't grind during the playthrough and they're overleveled for me then. It's a nice brainless thing to relax with before and after work and you can also push A a bunch while watching a movie or something you're not super into. When I was a kid, I used to just grind up ALL the Pokemon because maybe one of them has hidden potential once it reaches Level 30??? (they never did). That took for-loving-ever of course. Nowadays, I just choose whatever I think might be interesting to use and constantly rotate out the old ones and never touch them again. Pokemon takes exactly as long as you want it to, and that's great.

I still play, caught em all up to this current generation, and my old gameboy cartridge is still floating around with my original dream team while anything from Ruby/Sapphire onward has been ported with me all the way to the present time on the 3DS game. No regrets, the game is still fun and chill as an adult.

My pokemon outlived my childhood dog. Unbelievable.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Yeah if you want "obsessive time-sink minion collector" games, Shin Megami Tensei can't be beat. For an RPG, the combat tends to be more fun since the granularity of it rewards thought and team composition, compared to games like Final Fantasy where you just smash ATTACK 3-5 times. I have a personal rule where I stop playing the game at 100 hours cause the real world needs me.

What fucks me up about SMT is that the minions you collect are all based on real-world legends and mythology, so you learn a little about other cultures as you play. Sometimes when I read a story to my wife she'll ask if I learned about it from an SMT game & I just lllllllllllllllllllliiiieeeeeeeeee

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Freudian posted:

Are you surprised that goons are misandrist?

I thought it was more that, as pig people, goons are always going to be predisposed toward food. Especially delicious garbage food like candy.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

loquacius posted:

Can someone clarify for me why getting replacement candy for cheap the next day "isn't the same," is there like some nostalgia thing about raiding Halloween candy bags as an adult?

Halloween is for children and adults can just buy candy whenever they want, especially clearanced candy, case closed

Because you want ten variety pieces instead of a 135-piece jumbo bag.

The kids did not get their Halloween stolen. They got plenty of candy. The real story here is that the woman asked her husband to do a small and reasonable thing for her, and he said, "nah," and did whatever the gently caress he felt like doing, even as she tried to bargain down to smaller requests.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Candy belongs in the loving trash, it throws off your palette.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
God one time a chef in Vegas comped me their ~house handcrafted candy bar~ and I choked it down so as not to be rude but I wanted to kick his rear end, that poo poo is vile. Caramel is revolting.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Kuros posted:

This is hilarious and I'm glad that she stopped when he told her that it was ruining his attraction.

"HEY SEXY MAN THAT FEELS AMAZING!"

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Theophany posted:

My dude, that's like saying you can just replace somebody's dog because 'eh, it's easily replaced (minus the personality).' Like, how many loving Pokemon do you think he'd meticulously trained to max level? Building the perfect 6 Pokemon comp? Getting all the right combinations of moves on each Pokemon? The hours upon hours upon hours of rigorous training to become a Pokemon master and beating the Elite Four? All those little Pokemon - his buddies - lost, like tears in rain, and you just want to replace the 3DS and think it's good enough?

Man gently caress you.

You almost got me with this. Almost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Pick posted:

God one time a chef in Vegas comped me their ~house handcrafted candy bar~ and I choked it down so as not to be rude but I wanted to kick his rear end, that poo poo is vile. Caramel is revolting.

I know this is a shitpost, but it's a very funny shitpost. Lol at the idea of hand-crafted artisanal candy bars.