Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Jerry Jones should never be allowed to trade for wide receiver anymore, the league should just veto it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

weird Asian candy posted:

Reddick was garbage tho wasn't he? Bucannon was solid and would love him on #MyFavoriteNFLTeam

reddick was the absolute best player on the team at temple so he ended up playing DE/rush LB but he could chase anything down anyways. in the NFL his body type and athleticism puts him at MLB sort of like daryl washington but he has zero experience playing the position and there's been zero coaching or positional stability for him so he just looks lost everywhere and he's not going to play the edge because we already have chandler jones and markus golden.

bucannon fell out of favor because wilks has no clue how to use the guys we have on defense and he's tiny as a 4-3 MLB and has spent his nfl career trying to bulk up and not being a safety.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Getting taken to the woodshed by Gruden in a trade. Shameful

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1054450292375371778?s=19

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Fuuuck the Raiders got a 1st for Amaris busted rear end

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The Raiders have made it pretty evident that if you have a first round pick, there's no hole you can't use.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

xbilkis posted:

Getting taken to the woodshed by Gruden in a trade. Shameful

I was going to post this literally word for word

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

remember when the vikings had this and spent one of those picks on cordarelle patterson?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lmao a first round pick for Amari Cooper

Can't wait to see Gruden blow 3 first round draft picks.

Edit: I want Oakland to have 3 consecutive first round picks for ultimate hilarity.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Gruden is gonna draft 3 fullbacks

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Jurrah out Gruden'd Gruden...impressive...

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
He's gonna draft a white fullback, a white middle linebacker, and a white long snapper

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lmao imagine getting beaten in a trade by Jon Gruden

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Josh Gordon was acquired for a fifth round draft pick

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Tom Sellout posted:

Josh Gordon is one failed drug test from being out of the league for life as well though

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Tom Sellout posted:

weed

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
This is true

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
*looks at raiders recent history of 1st-round draft picks*

think it'll be ok

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Traded a 1st rounder for a WR who wasn’t even top-10 in his own division

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
A first is insane. But I think the rumors that Garrett is on thin ice are true. This definitely seems like a desperation move that Garrett tried to make happen as a last-ditch effort to save the season and, by extension, his job. I realize Jerry had to approve but who knows whose idea it was in the first place.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
A first seems nuts, and the Cowboys have some WRs already who seemingly might not be garbage. Hurns wasn't terrible prior to being in Dallas, Gallup looks intriguing.

Can Amari Cooper make Dak a good QB? I don't think so.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
dallas runs a 1970s offensive scheme so this won't change much of anything

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

The only thing this might help is if they think Amari Cooper can be a top flight number 1 guy because everyone else on the roster is a 2nd or 3rd string wide receiver.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So uh.

What all do the Raiders have in the first round now?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Three picks.

Does anyone know what Cooper's contract situation is like, how much and for how many years? Maybe the first was because the contract is favorable

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

VJeff posted:

So uh.

What all do the Raiders have in the first round now?

3 first rounders. Are there any good QB's coming out this year?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Play posted:

A first is insane. But I think the rumors that Garrett is on thin ice are true. This definitely seems like a desperation move that Garrett tried to make happen as a last-ditch effort to save the season and, by extension, his job. I realize Jerry had to approve but who knows whose idea it was in the first place.

I think we all know Jason Garrett has no original thoughts and this was all Jerry.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

HERE'S WHY PATRICK PETERSON IS THE PERFECT CANDIDATE FOR TAMPA, LEICHT YOU HAD BETTER GO GET HIM

Thanks for the template dude, really making my hot takes efficient over here

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Play posted:

Three picks.

Does anyone know what Cooper's contract situation is like, how much and for how many years? Maybe the first was because the contract is favorable

He's in the 4th year of his rookie deal, next year is his 5th year option worth 13m.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1054453485322813445

Play
Apr 25, 2006

weird Asian candy posted:

I think we all know Jason Garrett has no original thoughts and this was all Jerry.

I'm not sure a desperation trade of a mediocre WR to save an already lost season is actually "original", but you do have a point.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I think the only bad thing Grudens done so far is give up a 2nd in the Mack trade. It's pretty obvious he's going for a total reset of the franchise and probably isn't even that interested in a QB next year either.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

The top guy from Oregon said he's coming back for his senior season. Not sure many other guys are rated highly. I think Duke's QB might be the next best prospect if that says anything.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

And it's theirs, Dallas' and Chicago's?

Those could, uh. Be some real high up picks, couldn't they!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Can Amari Cooper kick?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Just wait until the Jags send over their first rounder for Derek Carr

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Also what the hell is wrong with Trubisky? He throws the ball like it's a rock and he seems like a faster Tebow.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

3 firsts for 3 Nathan Peterman clones

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Also what the hell is wrong with Trubisky? He throws the ball like it's a rock and he seems like a faster Tebow.

Trubuttsky is more like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
A first round pick for a guy who had his brain turned into mush 8 days ago.

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1051531280939196416

• Locked thread