Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hippieman
May 8, 2004

Butcher of Song

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It’s called Nova Warp because when you see one you do a 360 to try and go in the other direction but the guy says “No va” in a Mexican accent and you die

Don't give away my PVP Strat. When I see a roaming super, I do a 360 and run right at them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

hippieman posted:

Don't give away my PVP Strat. When I see a roaming super, I do a 360 and run right at them.

You're supposed to moonwalk away from them. Don't feed!!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I just wish the audio cues of someone popping super were more directional. For a lot of them the only way to identify where the murder machine is at is by the skull icons that pop up, and that means you spent too long analyzing and are probably the next one to die.

hippieman
May 8, 2004

Butcher of Song
Never underestimate my ability to see 2 team mates die, and see 3 red blips on my radar around a corner and chase after them.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

xzzy posted:

I just wish the audio cues of someone popping super were more directional. For a lot of them the only way to identify where the murder machine is at is by the skull icons that pop up, and that means you spent too long analyzing and are probably the next one to die.

Turn on your 5.1!

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect
Does anyone know how much each tier of masterwork increases the related stat?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FordCQC posted:

Does anyone know how much each tier of masterwork increases the related stat?

*bursts in the door, out of breath* 0.04%

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

haveblue posted:

*bursts in the door, out of breath* 0.04%

the classics never truly die

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I haven't upgraded much of anything and my only Masterwork is the Horror Story because I have to hoard Mats and Masterwork Cores because I have a mental illness.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

hippieman posted:

Never underestimate my ability to see 2 team mates die, and see 3 red blips on my radar around a corner and chase after them.

Same except pop nova warp and kill an extra guy I didn't even realize was there.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

I haven't upgraded much of anything and my only Masterwork is the Horror Story because I have to hoard Mats and Masterwork Cores because I have a mental illness.

The core economy seems built around grinding the poo poo out of glory ranks and getting those sweet +10's on reset.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Raid guns drop masterworked all the time, that’s 7 cores a pop

Non raid guns drop dupes all the time if you’re doing milestones

The core system is fine, fight me

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

rodbeard posted:

Same except pop nova warp and kill an extra guy I didn't even realize was there.

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/wrecks-box-one/video/62357851

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Raid guns drop masterworked all the time, that’s 7 cores a pop

Non raid guns drop dupes all the time if you’re doing milestones

I don't disagree. You shouldn't be able to masterwork or infuse every single drop. I wouldn't mind the acquisition rate being a little higher, but honestly the only part that really annoys me is having to run out to Tangled Shore every day.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Daily trips to Spider are on par with Cryptarch Shader Deletion as far as "wow this is a huge piece of poo poo but sorta makes things manageable?"

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Spider isn’t a core problem it’s an interface problem

The whole bounty/vendor system is turrible and having it spread out over planets is just as bad

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Guys, we can teleport people around and have unlocked both faster than light travel and communications, but let's force guardians to visit a character to collect bounties, okay??

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
How about not scaling the fuckin cost of cores and just settle on them costing 10 shards a pop or something so I can say "okay I really want to mw this gun so I'm gonna need 150 shards straight up unless I find some in the wild"

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Or quit being so loving stingy on cores from dismantling regular masterworks and give 4 for weapons and 3 for armor

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The whole bounty/vendor system is turrible and having it spread out over planets is just as bad

There's some official image with the Bounty Bot and board, so hopefully that's soon, and consolidates it all.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I've upgraded my armor to MW, and maybe five or six weapons from scratch. I started Forsaken with 70, maybe, and am constantly hovering around 10 now.

Agreed, it's fine.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Or give me more of those matter weaves and less of the stupid telemetry buff because lmao

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
[Me, holding A for 30 minutes to purchase 900 mats to take to a vendor to turn in at 6am while having coffee]

*gets 4 shards and 3 mod components*
"Good haul today, the fish are biting"

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I'm not really sure what problem heavy restriction of MW cores is supposed to solve or why it's worth all the problems it causes under the current system.

If you're seriously raiding week in and week out then cores won't really be much of an issue and you'll probably get your raiding set kitted out fairly quickly anyway.

If you've run out of things to chase then "I need to login so I can get this Duke from MW 4 to 5!” isn't exactly the most compelling hook.

If you're not 600 yet then you constantly have to hang onto or use lovely gear from powerful drops until you have spare cores or until it's "worth it" to feed it to the gear you actually want to use, which means you constantly have a bunch of garbage cluttering up the already cluttered inventory and vault system.

Bungie clearly feels there needs to be a consistent way to get cores at a trickle, hence Spider, but that just turns it into a chore you have to remember to do, which is stupid.

Really seems like there's a pretty narrow band of time when it forces you to make hard choices about what gear to bring up or whatever which is fine, I guess? But it also kind of seems like it exists purely for the sake of being able to say "look at our well thought out in game economy!”

TL;DR: This system is just a newer version of the dumb D1 thing where you couldn't use the cool new gun you found until you spent a couple days doing chores to fill the bubbles. Change my mind.

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Oct 22, 2018

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Mod Components need fixing

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Hulk Krogan posted:

TL;DR: This system is just a newer version of the dumb D1 thing where you couldn't use the cool new gun you found until you spent a couple days doing chores to fill the bubbles. Change my mind.

Masterworking has a far smaller impact than an exotic's signature perk being locked behind four hours of scouring the moon for helium filaments.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
New ideas:

Turn in 25 gunsmith mats for a mod component or mw core

Turn in 100 shards for an exotic engram

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect
Hey is the real Calus hiding out on the Eater of Worlds and we haven't found him yet or is he someplace else entirely? Do we know where?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

FordCQC posted:

Hey is the real Calus hiding out on the Eater of Worlds and we haven't found him yet or is he someplace else entirely? Do we know where?

Calus is never returning to Destiny

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hulk Krogan posted:

I'm not really sure what problem heavy restriction of MW cores is supposed to solve or why it's worth all the problems it causes under the current system.

They're exotic shards, but needed by everything.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I'm all the way down to 10,306 Legendary shards and it makes me nervous having so few.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Bandire posted:

Masterworking has a far smaller impact than an exotic's signature perk being locked behind four hours of scouring the moon for helium filaments.

You also need cores to infuse stuff though. Kinda sucks when you finally get a bygones or whatever to drop but whoops, it's 20 light below your current level and you need to save your cores for keeping sleeper and the ikelos sg at a usable light level. Into the vault it goes!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Hulk Krogan posted:

You also need cores to infuse stuff though. Kinda sucks when you finally get a bygones or whatever to drop but whoops, it's 20 light below your current level and you need to save your cores for keeping sleeper and the ikelos sg at a usable light level. Into the vault it goes!

No you either play stuff that could drop a powerful bygones or you short it with some cores

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

No you either play stuff that could drop a powerful bygones or you short it with some cores

Works great...for your Edge Transit!

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

cvnvcnv posted:

I'm all the way down to 10,306 Legendary shards and it makes me nervous having so few.

Retire bitch

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Legendary sharts

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

How about not scaling the fuckin cost of cores and just settle on them costing 10 shards a pop or something so I can say "okay I really want to mw this gun so I'm gonna need 150 shards straight up unless I find some in the wild"

Who's the loving idiot that decided that scaling costs for cores was the way to go?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Who's the loving idiot that decided that scaling costs for cores was the way to go?

A smart one who wanted to make sure people who are just getting started aren’t left in the dust by brainworm-havers who played D2 a poo poo-ton

The alternative was a new currency and new legendary shards

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Someone did a database query on the average number of shards people are stockpiling and set the cost based on the result. When everyone's under 200 shards they'll post an update with something like "we've evaluated the situation regarding mastwork cores and have decided to reduce the costs."

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Hulk Krogan posted:

There’s like two activities that using a gun 20 (or 80) levels below your max power level is actually a significant handicap

Don’t infuse unless you’re IBing or Raiding imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

wyoak posted:

There’s like two activities that using a gun 20 (or 80) levels below your max power level is actually a significant handicap

Don’t infuse unless you’re IBing or Raiding imo

It's this. And even then you should be able to afford the cores to infuse two guns once a week.