Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Imagine how many more first round picks they'll get after trading back from the #1 pick this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Substandard posted:

A first seems nuts, and the Cowboys have some WRs already who seemingly might not be garbage. Hurns wasn't terrible prior to being in Dallas, Gallup looks intriguing.

Huh, I agree that Cooper is unlikely to fix a damned thing but I looked up Hurns and Gallup and they're the 8th and 10th worst in the league as far as catch% goes. Not sure if that's them or Dak (or the offensive scheme, which I'm sure doesn't help), but that seems bad. Both are sub 47%. They're also tied for 1st and 6th in least separation, so they're not getting open when thrown to either.

I originally went to look that up to see where Cooper was but he's been relatively solid this year, just short of 71% on targets and up toward the top of the league in separation. I believe separation only comes into play when they actually throw the ball to you, so I can buy into Carr just completely losing faith in Cooper.

None of this makes Cooper good or this trade make sense of course, but he might instantly be Dallas's second best receiver. Of course even if he is, that means he's not as good as Cole Beasley.

The NFL does a lot of dumb things but I should play around with the next gen stats more, they're always pretty fun to look at when I remember they're there.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Cowboys like trading #1 picks for WRs.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1054454604891598848

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
nani

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1054456636176285698

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Steve Wilks just called it ridiculous so what Peterson's cousin has to say really doesn't come into it much. Although it would be rad to see him on the Saints

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
peerless price went for a first rounder?????

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

corn on the cop posted:

peerless price went for a first rounder?????

Gotta pay a premium for the peerless

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Gonz posted:

Make it happen, Bob Quinn.

We've got to have enough cap space, right? Maybe cutting Ebron will finally pay off!

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Well, it's nice to know he isn't the one guy who doesn't want to leave the Cardinals for a contender.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Azhais posted:

Gotta pay a premium for the peerless

They paid the peerless price

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Also what the hell is wrong with Trubisky? He throws the ball like it's a rock and he seems like a faster Tebow.

He has terrible mechanics, can't throw to his left, and has almost no experience managing a game (considering he had all of 13 starts in college). Also, God only knows what sort of damage a year of working with John Fox and Dowell Loggains did to him.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

What if Gruden now signs Dez?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

wandler20 posted:

The top guy from Oregon said he's coming back for his senior season. Not sure many other guys are rated highly. I think Duke's QB might be the next best prospect if that says anything.

When did this happen?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm going to laugh really hard if Gruden pulls a Sam Hinkie & is a serious contender in 2020. #trusttheprocess

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

When did this happen?

Like yesterday, I just saw it too.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Android Apocalypse posted:

I'm going to laugh really hard if Gruden pulls a Sam Hinkie & is a serious contender in 2020. #trusttheprocess

They are definitely locked into Gruden for at least 4 years now, as if they weren't before.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Amari cost more than half of mack haha

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
gruden cant evaluate talent, so that's a hurdle

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Steelers are dumb as poo poo if they aren't knocking down doors to get Patrick Peterson

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

wandler20 posted:

The top guy from Oregon said he's coming back for his senior season. Not sure many other guys are rated highly. I think Duke's QB might be the next best prospect if that says anything.

drat the QB class was already dire as gently caress.

loving LOL Giants are hosed next season to.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Arms race for Derek Carr

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

When did this happen?

Wait a minute, apparently La Canfora reported it so he's definitely coming out.

https://twitter.com/KwadeSays/status/1054051062628278272

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1054460740734730243

:krakken:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

FOR THOSE ABOUT TO BROCK!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Fuckin stoked to see which mediocre college QB goes #1 next year

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ok i was wrong I’m sorry

Lol Dallas

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

I love the Joneses

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1054461448494239744?s=19

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

Ok i was wrong I’m sorry

Lol Dallas

Seriously, what the gently caress Dallas,

If the Raiders sign Dez, what are the odds he's more productive? at least like 20% right?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

:laffo:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Jerrah has dementia.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

:getin:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kidcoelacanth posted:

Drew lock

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Play posted:

Steve Wilks just called it ridiculous so what Peterson's cousin has to say really doesn't come into it much. Although it would be rad to see him on the Saints

Peterson has been linked as target for the Steelers since last Wednesday. Reminder that the Steelers said Bell absolutely wasn't for sale right up until the minute he was, so these GMs say one thing in public, and entirely another behind the scenes.

sportsgenius86 posted:

The Steelers are dumb as poo poo if they aren't knocking down doors to get Patrick Peterson

See above

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
It's also not great for Cooper, who will forever be judged in Dallas against the first round pick that was sacrificed for him and all the theoretical players that pick could've garnered. A second or a third brings much less pressure and expectations with it

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

kidcoelacanth posted:

#1 overall pick, Drew Lock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Yeah its looking like a free agent or trade for a QB year, yay.

• Locked thread