Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rate the Thread!
This poll is closed.
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
7 100.00%
Total: 7 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm weirdly knowledgable and opinionated on the THPS games and 2 is my favorite and 3 is the best and everything else is varying levels of bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
It sounds crazy but even the gba Tony hawk 2 is great

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

THUG1 was epic.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Wormskull posted:

THUG1 was epic.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
all th games from 1-7 are good. yeah even american wasteland is ok.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SKA

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

ol yeller posted:

this. the core game is so fun they just had to keep making levels for it

they remade 1-2 in HD but completely hosed up the feel of it, so it was terrible, and speaking of things no one remembers

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Goals.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

American McGay posted:

I'm weirdly knowledgable and opinionated on the THPS games and 2 is my favorite and 3 is the best and everything else is varying levels of bad.

2 and 3 are my favorites. my brothers and i played 3 enough to unlock the sick Neversoft eyeball.

the other ones are okay, they just have this weird 00s era humor and they kind of blend together. i think i stopped playing them after THUG 2

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

ol yeller posted:

project 8 was the best one since 3

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

2 and 3 are my favorites. my brothers and i played 3 enough to unlock the sick Neversoft eyeball.

the other ones are okay, they just have this weird 00s era humor and they kind of blend together. i think i stopped playing them after THUG 2

All I remember from THUG 2 was that you could play as Bam Margera and do a move called the “grind ‘n’ barf”

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Spoderman posted:

All I remember from THUG 2 was that you could play as Bam Margera and do a move called the “grind ‘n’ barf”

drat straight

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

they developed and released this game on the last possible day to avoid breaching a contract.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah it's kind of remarkable, it's the shittiest "AAA" release of all time probably. Like there's lots of boring crap idgaf about but THPS5 is just a barely functioning collection of like 4 maps with an alien that smokes weed and Lil Wayne in it and it cost $60+ dollars on release day.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I think the disc also only had like a couple hundred megs of content on it and the rest had to be downloaded as a patch lol

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

goferchan posted:

I think the disc also only had like a couple hundred megs of content on it and the rest had to be downloaded as a patch lol

Lmfao is there a big warning on the package that you need an internet connection to play this 1 player game?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Lmfao is there a big warning on the package that you need an internet connection Apparently the game’s disc only contains the tutorial, the create-a-park mode and a handful of the game’s playable levels and that the rest require downloading the huge 7.7GB day-one update. So yeah, if you’re not going to be able to download the patch, you’re probably going to be smashing your head against a wall. play this 1 player game?

I'm trying to look this up now and it's really confusing. The game was 4 gigs and the patch was like 7.7 and in one news post someone's like "if you don't download the patch you only get the tutorial, create a park mode, and a handful of levels" and then there's an update to the post later that's like "ok we got the patch but can't confirm it actually added any additional content" lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

goferchan posted:

I'm trying to look this up now and it's really confusing. The game was 4 gigs and the patch was like 7.7 and in one news post someone's like "if you don't download the patch you only get the tutorial, create a park mode, and a handful of levels" and then there's an update to the post later that's like "ok we got the patch but can't confirm it actually added any additional content" lol

awesome

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

forcing people to download a 100gb patch so it takes longer to realize the games a scam

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

elf help book posted:

forcing people to download a 100gb patch so it takes longer to realize the games a scam

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

this year's midnight releases for COD all happened at like 9pm instead bc they needed to give people a few hours to redownload the entire disc they bought

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

this year's midnight releases for COD all happened at like 9pm instead bc they needed to give people a few hours to redownload the entire disc they bought

Same deal with RDR, you can buy it retail at 9PM EST (and with a lot of connections you probably can't play it by the time the digital preload people can at midnight)

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

haha, they should have released it on 3 dual-layer blu-ray discs.

these game companies are so loving lazy with storage. Super Mario 3-d WORLD for the WiiU is under 6gb.

all of these physical discs are going to be completely useless in 15 or so years. this is why i hack all my consoles. the idea of something I bought a physical copy of no longer working in the future drives me insane and i don't understand how not many people seem to be concerned about it.

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Oct 23, 2018

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

these game companies are so loving lazy with storage. Super Mario 3-d WORLD for the WiiU is under 6gb.

all of these physical discs are going to be completely useless in 15 or so years. this is why i hack all my consoles. the idea of something I bought a physical copy of no longer working in the future drives me insane and i don't understand how not many people seem to be concerned about it.

*fires a tactical stfuclear missile at you*

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I can't possibly imagine myself not being dead in the next 3-4 years is why but if you don't have that going on then more power to you

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

the majority of the space is taken up by high resolution textures and such and there's really not all that much you can do about that. as for the rest, might i recommend a psychiatrist?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*throws a Nokia 3300 across the room* And these things? gently caress em. Stupid bullshit phones is what I call them.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
*burns all my underwear in a huge bonfire* it all winds up in the same place eventually

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Lol an old cell phone is hardly the same thing as all your nes and snes carts suddenly stop working

You'll all remember this post when you try to show your grandchild red dead redemption 2 in thirty years and the disc won't work with no server found, just you wait and see

OK I'll shut up now

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Oct 23, 2018

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Just run an emulator bitch.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The reason no one else cares is they've all accepted that commodity's are fail and there's no reason to expect to be able to buy something lasting, especially when someone is going to invent a better way to keep it. gently caress you, clownass.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Lol an old cell phone is hardly the same thing as all your nes and snes carts suddenly stop working

You'll all remember this post when you try to show your grandchild red dead redemption 2 in thirty years and the disc won't work with no server found, just you wait and see

OK I'll shut up now

huh, never looked at it that way. i guess youre cool now.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Wormskull posted:

The reason no one else cares is they've all accepted that commodity's are fail and there's no reason to expect to be able to buy something lasting, especially when someone is going to invent a better way to keep it. gently caress you, clownass.

harsh but true.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

ol yeller posted:

huh, never looked at it that way. i guess youre cool now.

hey thanks!

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

OK I'll shut up now

why would i want to show my grandchild red dead redemption 2 in thirty years

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
the same reason i'm pretty psyched to show my son Kirby's Dream Course in a year or two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

the same reason i'm pretty psyched to show my son Kirby's Dream Course in a year or two

hopefully you find the right girl by then