Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Because the running backs are bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I feel like a designed run or two for Car-dog would have been a good play call, but the plays called were good, Carson just couldn't get it done

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

CyberPingu posted:

I should have probably said defense wasnt the biggest problem.

If your D pitches a shutout for 3 quarters, and you cant put the game out of reach, theres an issue there.

Also apparently after the Eagles went up 17-0, Doug called 15 passing plays and 2 rushing plays.

Why.....Why Doug why/????????

Well, Carson Wentz had just completed something like 15 passes in a row, a streak that was only broken by an uncalled pass interference in the endzone.

I know what you're saying, but Wentz was looking unstoppable, until he wasn't anymore.

e:
https://twitter.com/pdomo/status/1054336443693350912

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Oct 22, 2018

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
What the hell is wrong with Clement? Is he playing hurt?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yodzilla posted:

I suspect he is. He'd probably be out if the RB corps wasn't decimated already

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Meanwhile NE is 5-2 with Kenyon Barnor

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Yodzilla posted:

Yeah, probably, and I didn't see the game yesterday (it wasn't on TV in my area) but what were you expecting out of him? He's a good third-down back who can contribute in the passing game and sometimes take a handoff, but he's probably never going to be an impact guy, he's not anything special as an athlete, there's a reason he wasn't drafted. Obviously he surpassed expectations in his first year, but I think that was more a case of him learning the offense quickly and being able to play to his full potential right away, it doesn't necessarily mean he has a lot of room to grow from there. He's not a high-upside guy is what I'm saying, yes he's 23 but he kinda just is what he is probably. Also yeah, he's probably hurt.

euphronius posted:

Meanwhile NE is 5-2 with Kenyon Barnor

Over half of Barner's rushing attempts came yesterday and he has only actually played in 3 games for them. But they are 3-0 in the games he played so, sure, Barner MVP

The funny part to me is that he doesn't even return punts for them, when that was pretty much the only reason he was even on the Eagles last year. He only has 63 rushing yards in 2018, but that's more than he had in 2017.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The eagles are 3-4 in games Barnor hasn’t played.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

rujasu posted:

Yeah, probably, and I didn't see the game yesterday (it wasn't on TV in my area) but what were you expecting out of him? He's a good third-down back who can contribute in the passing game and sometimes take a handoff, but he's probably never going to be an impact guy, he's not anything special as an athlete, there's a reason he wasn't drafted. Obviously he surpassed expectations in his first year, but I think that was more a case of him learning the offense quickly and being able to play to his full potential right away, it doesn't necessarily mean he has a lot of room to grow from there. He's not a high-upside guy is what I'm saying, yes he's 23 but he kinda just is what he is probably. Also yeah, he's probably hurt.

I don’t think Clement is a super star but he’s a solid second RB that can usually run, catch, and block well. Except now Smallwood is getting more looks but can’t block and yesterday Clement had, what, six carries for eight yards or some crap?

I genuinely think he’s better than he’s been playing, I’m just surprised by his low numbers.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Am I on drugs or did the Cowboys seriously trade a 1st round pick for Amari Cooper?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

Am I on drugs or did the Cowboys seriously trade a 1st round pick for Amari Cooper?

oh god I'm cummmmmmiiinnnggggggg

saltyslug
Jun 28, 2012

Guess where this lollipop's going?
lol

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This really reeks of a very angry Jerry Jones

:lol: kill me

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
im glad that in these very difficult times the cowboys remain incredibly shortsighted

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Losing by a field goal to a rival in the NFC East make you rage trade a 1st round pick for a middling receiver.

NFC East owns.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Jesus loving christ :smithicide:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

doesn't he only have one year left on his deal?

e: not really thrilled with the report that the Eagles offered a second for Cooper. we already have the better version of him, and his contract is up next year anyway.

indigi fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Oct 22, 2018

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

indigi posted:

doesn't he only have one year left on his deal?

"In 2019, Cooper is scheduled to count for a $13,924,000 against the cap on his fifth-year option."

So, yes, one more very expensive year. I assume the idea would be to extend him this year, but it's not going to be cheap.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
We can all hope that Cooper plays well enough to earn Dak Prescott an extension too.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/1054466959977238528

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Quiet Feet posted:

https://youtu.be/oIFLtNYI3Ls

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Good Job Cowboys spending a 1st on a position of obvious need instead of just, you know, signing one this offseason or retaining Dez

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I look forward to seeing Cooper make Josh Norman look better.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
I was honestly waiting for the Jerry WR panic trade and this felt about right. Trying to rationalize not firing Garrett any way he can.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Galaxy brain: Giving up a first round pick to finish the year 7-9.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I was honestly waiting for the Jerry WR panic trade and this felt about right. Trying to rationalize not firing Garrett any way he can.

What ancient secrets could Garrett have on Jerry to make him immune to firing?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

very stable genius posted:

Galaxy brain: Giving up a first round pick to finish the year 7-9.

That could maybe win the division lol

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Lots of people acting like Cooper is complete poo poo. He was probably worth a second, Jerry definitely overpaid but not by a lot.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

The Bananana posted:

What ancient secrets could Garrett have on Jerry to make him immune to firing?

The location of his phylactery.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Doltos posted:

Lots of people acting like Cooper is complete poo poo. He was probably worth a second, Jerry definitely overpaid but not by a lot.

This is the Cowboys. They could have thrown a 5th rounder, and by god they would have found a way to seriously regret the deal.

They're bad at building teams, they're even worse at trying to patch up the one they've already got.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Peterson has asked the Cardinals to trade him.

Hes definitely not looked like himself this year, but Howie, do the necessary.

Unless we get him to play 10 yds off all the time and ruin him like Namdi

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Doltos posted:

Trading a second-rounder for a guy who was good two years ago seems pretty questionable to me.

Also, the Cowboys trading high draft picks for WR's in general right now seems pretty questionable to me. They're a mediocre team with a backup-tier QB, and I don't think a WR will fix that. It's not like there's zero possible benefit for Dallas, he could help them win the division, re-sign with them, and go to a bunch more Pro Bowls for them, but I think it's more likely he doesn't make an impact, Dallas finishes with a losing record, and they waste what could have been a top-15 pick.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

CyberPingu posted:

Hes definitely not looked like himself this year, but Howie, do the necessary.

He’s like the 3rd best CB in passing rating lol

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

rujasu posted:

Also, the Cowboys trading high draft picks for WR's in general right now seems pretty questionable to me. They're a mediocre team with a backup-tier QB, and I don't think a WR will fix that.

They're trying to replicate the success of their divisional foe. the NY Giants

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

rujasu posted:

Trading a second-rounder for a guy who was good two years ago seems pretty questionable to me.

Also, the Cowboys trading high draft picks for WR's in general right now seems pretty questionable to me. They're a mediocre team with a backup-tier QB, and I don't think a WR will fix that. It's not like there's zero possible benefit for Dallas, he could help them win the division, re-sign with them, and go to a bunch more Pro Bowls for them, but I think it's more likely he doesn't make an impact, Dallas finishes with a losing record, and they waste what could have been a top-15 pick.

He's 24 and has a pedigree. Plus he's not bad and is in fact doing quite good this year despite Carr ignoring him on the field. Guys got a 69% catch rate when he's being targeted.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Nice

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Doltos posted:

He's 24 and has a pedigree. Plus he's not bad and is in fact doing quite good this year despite Carr ignoring him on the field. Guys got a 69% catch rate when he's being targeted.

Yeah, but only 50% last year over a much larger sample size.

Again, he could be really, really good or he could be meh. I would say he's more likely to be meh at this point. You can blame Carr for his lack of production in the last year and a half, but it's not like Prescott has been any better over that period.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Doltos posted:

he's not bad and is in fact doing quite good this year despite Carr ignoring him on the field.

word, that's worth a first round pick definitely. can't teach being ignored on the field, and if we know one thing about Dak is that he'll ignore a deep threat. he'll fit right in

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly

El Patron posted:

Good to be getting back into the swing of things.

This is Donnel Pumphrey's breakthrough year, I feel it in my bones.

https://twitter.com/ZBerm/status/1054774973942898688

It lives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

indigi posted:

word, that's worth a first round pick definitely. can't teach being ignored on the field, and if we know one thing about Dak is that he'll ignore a deep threat. he'll fit right in

It's not worth a first I said that part, it's just that Cooper isn't bad and a 2nd/3rd would probably be appropriate. The Browns traded a star WR to the Pats for peanuts but that shouldn't set the market.