Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

it's a lazy saturday afternoon, gonna kick back on the couch, load up my nightstalker, and go stab some fuckers in IB because surely bungie wouldn't screw up this subclass

https://i.imgur.com/iTUMZRp.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

No you either play stuff that could drop a powerful bygones or you short it with some cores
I got a Bygones last night but I'm gonna infuse it into my masterworked Ether Doctor because it's like 9 light higher than the ED but I can't get enough of that drat gun

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I got a Bygones last night but I'm gonna infuse it into my masterworked Ether Doctor because it's like 9 light higher than the ED but I can't get enough of that drat gun

You do you buddy

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

brainworm-havers who played D2 a poo poo-ton

Sometimes I think about how I've continuously played D2 for over a year, undeterred even during the extreme lows of Curse of Osiris and the slightly higher lows of Warmind.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/7ShxOAp.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/pE1fIoH.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/IXoLrpn.gifv

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Sometimes I think about how I've continuously played D2 for over a year, undeterred even during the extreme lows of Curse of Osiris and the slightly higher lows of Warmind.

Hell, same

I basically stopped playing for a month before Forsaken, and that was only because I was moving, not because I was bored

Like I need a fully masterworked set on iron banner gear or people won’t think I’m cool

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

Like I need a fully masterworked set on iron banner gear or people won’t think I’m cool

:chloe:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I got a fighting lion right when I upgraded to forsaken and by the time I got to level 50 it had fallen behind enough to be noticible. It's the only thing I've used cores for. My strategy of making up for lack of skill with shooters by constantly exploding works surprisingly well.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

rodbeard posted:

I got a fighting lion right when I upgraded to forsaken and by the time I got to level 50 it had fallen behind enough to be noticible. It's the only thing I've used cores for. My strategy of making up for lack of skill with shooters by constantly exploding works surprisingly well.

You can also re-acquire any Exotic item from the "Collections" tab for glimmer and legendary shards. It'll be ~20 points below your max level, but it's cheaper than infusing one that's really lagging.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I was dumb and changed the HDR settings and now poo poo is so black I can't really play the game. Completely uninstalled/redownloaded everything to no avail. Any ideas?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Nuts and Gum posted:

I was dumb and changed the HDR settings and now poo poo is so black I can't really play the game. Completely uninstalled/redownloaded everything to no avail. Any ideas?

This is a known issue at the moment. The patch that came out with Forsaken made it absolutely impossible to see in the dark if you're on a high quality TV with HDR.

Brightness maxed on TV and in-game, maybe turn HDR off completely if you need to.

It sucks but hopefully they can improve it.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Good to know, thanks for the info!

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

So it's not just me that can't see poo poo? I turned the brightness all the way up and couldn't see whatever symbol I was supposed to using to adjust the brightness.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

rodbeard posted:

So it's not just me that can't see poo poo? I turned the brightness all the way up and couldn't see whatever symbol I was supposed to using to adjust the brightness.

My guy, I have run the Whisper of the Worm quest the past 4 weekends, and each time there has been a spot where I had to ask my teammates to stand on the platform so I could just aim for their name tags.

poo poo's broke!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Don't be an early adopter of technology then, what are you, gamers or something??

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Lmao just turn off hdr hahahaha just change the setting lmao

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

moist turtleneck posted:

Lmao just turn off hdr hahahaha just change the setting lmao

All this did for me was make the colors look like rear end, and make the dark rooms solid gray instead of solid black.

Bungie acknowledges they hosed it up, so hopefully they can unfuck it (they can't)

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

I want the dudes who get every weapon the first week to keep talking about how the infusion system is fine.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

:majorminor:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Menstrual Show posted:

I want the dudes who get every weapon the first week to keep talking about how the infusion system is fine.

I think the people who broke brained their way through year 1 deserve the perk advantage tbh

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
No lie, D2 sucks on an up to date OLED

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Lol I got the game when Forsaken came out and I just thought the terrible HDR balance was a feature. Good to know

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
I am very owned when it comes to Taken ascendant realms

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Menstrual Show posted:

If you got every weapon the first week you’d be having more infusion problems than someone who spread it out!!!

if you just keep playing the game you’ll get powerful drops of the same weapons and you keep better rolls and use worse rolls as coreless infusion fuel. You’ll also probably have a few y1 exotics drop that you can use to infuse anything in the same slot lol

The only poo poo I’ve spent cores on to infuse are my first raid character’s gear and a single sperged out pvp set. And those were probably unnecessary, I could have used slightly different gear. Everything else i just infused up with exact dupes.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
I agree with ABGD

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
This is never stated anywhere in game, but infusing a Specific Item into a Specific Item only costs glimmer.

Got a great Tigerspite at 525 and a bad one just dropped at 540? Infuse the 540 into the 525 for 5,000 Glimmer

I have only used MW Cores to infuse TWO items since Forsaken came out (Sleeper Simulant to 600 and Ikelos to 600).

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I'm in the low 500s when do I actually have to know what any of that stuff is

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

rodbeard posted:

When you find purple gear that you really like and you want to keep using it at higher levels. For example, I have Y1 guns pumped up to 600 because they're still so consistent compared to some of the random rolls in Y2.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

This is never stated anywhere in game, but infusing a Specific Item into a Specific Item only costs glimmer.

Got a great Tigerspite at 525 and a bad one just dropped at 540? Infuse the 540 into the 525 for 5,000 Glimmer

I have only used MW Cores to infuse TWO items since Forsaken came out (Sleeper Simulant to 600 and Ikelos to 600).

516 hours playing the game probably netted you a lot of dupes :owned:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

516 hours playing the game probably netted you a lot of dupes :owned:

Zero Forsaken Exotics

:smuggo:

:negative:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It is stated in game tho

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

el B posted:

It is stated in game tho

Oh you know what I mean! There's no guide to infusion costs in game. Only through trial and error do you learn that blue-purple-exotic-exact item have decreasing Infusion costs.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

rodbeard posted:

Just put all the drops you’re not sure of in your vault, when you hit 540-550 and can start doing higher level missions you’ll probably by then have a better understanding of what you want and what weapons/perks are good. Then you can comb through your vault and go on a legendary shard creation spree. Also in the meantime stop by spider every day and get 1-2 MW cores if you can afford them.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/wrecks-box-one/video/62427705

:thumbsup:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

rodbeard posted:

dont really bother infusing anything until like 550/560, because you'll still be replacing your guns with higher level'd ones fairly quickly. if you find a gun with a roll that you really really love just keep it in the vault until then along with your pvp god rolls.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Is it a waste to put a Counterbalance mod on Horror Story, or on any other gun with Zen Moment?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Roman posted:

Is it a waste to put a Counterbalance mod on Horror Story, or on any other gun with Zen Moment?

Horror Story, yes, a waste.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I just buy a masterwork core or two from spider every time I'm buying mats anyway and then I just infuse my EP shotgun and Sleeper or Whisper when im done with my weeklies and just roll with my lovely armor and whatever primary is highest power level.

PvP outside of Banner doesn't give a poo poo about light level. So just keep a set of armor and weps you like for that.

When I hit 600 I'll infuse my good loadouts one for pvp and one for pve and delete everything else for materials.

I ran a nightfall the other week with a lovely sub machine gun. Just throw anything other than your highest drops you're not using or infusing in your vault that way if you need an arc weapon for that weeks modifiers you'll probably have one within 10ll in your vault.

You will also get some good rolls that are lower level. Throw em in your vault till you get a powerful drop of the same kind and it's only 5k glimmer to infuse.

It's a tougher system to use exactly what you want, when you want but it's not that hard to keep infusing the poo poo that's effective. Once you're over 550ish the only hard thing is the raid anyway.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
I got up to a 401 win streak and then lost it to a error code. Goodshit bungie.